MHD Updates - Shift Bog (Tq Lim 2048) Delete & PI Safety

glachhman

Lurker
Dec 16, 2016
damnnnn this thing makes the car pull like a nonstop freight train paired with wotbox, I'm getting half engine overboost codes while brake boosting, anyone know how to prevent this?

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
damnnnn this thing makes the car pull like a nonstop freight train paired with wotbox, I'm getting half engine overboost codes while brake boosting, anyone know how to prevent this?
Tuner needs to code out brake plausibility code.

Ive tried racing brake boosting and i get the code and it goes into limp mode and i loose lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob09msport

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
1.72b out this AM.

Filippo

Screenshot_20180904-100032.png

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
@jyamona, I was curious about the shift bog fix. MHD says (soft limiter) is now suppressed. Does that mean in all scenarios, or just when that particular condition is met for the shift bog? I saw someone said it was a logic rewrite, so does that mean the rev limiter has been changed from a fuel cut to an ignition cut fully? Also, does this have any impact good or bad when DSC/DTC is enabled?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
@jyamona, I was curious about the shift bog fix. MHD says (soft limiter) is now suppressed. Does that mean in all scenarios, or just when that particular condition is met for the shift bog? I saw someone said it was a logic rewrite, so does that mean the rev limiter has been changed from a fuel cut to an ignition cut fully? Also, does this have any impact good or bad when DSC/DTC is enabled?

There was always a fuel-cut limiter hiding behind the 2048 bog and soft limiter (closing throttle). It would kick in when throttle closure was not enough or not fast enough, etc. I removed all that, and just the fuel-cut limiter remains (like any normal sports car should have). No impact on DSC/DTC.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
There was always a fuel-cut limiter hiding behind the 2048 bog and soft limiter (closing throttle). It would kick in when throttle closure was not enough or not fast enough, etc. I removed all that, and just the fuel-cut limiter remains (like any normal sports car should have). No impact on DSC/DTC.
So would this be beneficial for me which is AT given the explanation given ? Or does that just work different from AT and MT ?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
So would this be beneficial for me which is AT given the explanation given ? Or does that just work different from AT and MT ?

Not really, unless your XHP shift points are higher than what is in your DME flash (this shouldn't be the case). In AT cars, the TCU determines when you shift so you should never hit the DME limiter.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
Not really, unless your XHP shift points are higher than what is in your DME flash (this shouldn't be the case). In AT cars, the TCU determines when you shift so you should never hit the DME limiter.
ok , cool. I am xHp and run stage 3. I run it paddle shift mostly and the tcu will NOT shift for me even if I hit the rev limiter as its basically full manual at that flash / stage. So would it benefit then ? Say doing a burnout at the track in 1st gear and hit the limiter ? Or hit a puddle in 2nd on the street and rpms jump to rev limit type scenarios.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
ok , cool. I am xHp and run stage 3. I run it paddle shift mostly and the tcu will NOT shift for me even if I hit the rev limiter as its basically full manual at that flash / stage. So would it benefit then ? Say doing a burnout at the track in 1st gear and hit the limiter ? Or hit a puddle in 2nd on the street and rpms jump to rev limit type scenarios.

I am not sure if the TCU is still keeping the RPM limited even if it is not shifting. Easy to tell, take a log of one of those situations hitting the rev limiter, and log Tq Lim Active. If it logs as 2048, you will benefit. If not, no benefit.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
Damn it. Well let me ask you this, any harm in running it ? I know another member said he is AT and flashed it. Dont know if it helped him or not or had adverse effect.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Damn it. Well let me ask you this, any harm in running it ? I know another member said he is AT and flashed it. Dont know if it helped him or not or had adverse effect.

There should not be any harm or negative effects.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
I never added the torque limiter parameter to our general logs. But can if we need it for something in particular!

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
I never added the torque limiter parameter to our general logs. But can if we need it for something in particular!

What is calc_torque in JB4 logs then? And since you're here... any idea why my MPH is way off?

Capture.JPG

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Calc_torque is calculated torque. It's useful when doing BEF tuning on automatics to ensure it's maxing out and you didn't screw something up in the torque tables. Not really useful for manual transmissions.

On MPH might be an app issue, I know Donnie has some updates pending for MPH. Have the CSV?