MHD Updates - Shift Bog (Tq Lim 2048) Delete & PI Safety

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Like the other reply said, the coil cut appears to just work in cohesion with PI right now. Jake has stated he's already working on other useful things that require coil cutting though, so I can only assume 2-step/LC is right around the corner beta-wise.

The 2048 tq limit is (apparently) mostly targeted at manual users, but it's shown up in my logs at time on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts as an AT when I was messing around with WOT shift points, so personally I flashed it this morning. Haven't given it the full test yet but I'm excited to.

So no harm in flashing this with AT ?

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
OK so went to reflash to enable the 2048 tq limit delete when I got home this evening, and the only option I'm getting is to do a long flash (20m). Anyone know what's up with that?

It's basic it's a logic rewrite. Whenever there's a logic change it'll take some time

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
So basically, I need to install the latest mhd firmware and delete terry's shift bog fix firmware and revert back to the old jb4 firmware for this to work as well as cruise control? Thanks in advance.

Keith
Just reinstall the clutch wire and disable the fud code and you're good to go.

• Agree
Reactions: suspenceful

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
So basically, I need to install the latest mhd firmware and delete terry's shift bog fix firmware and revert back to the old jb4 firmware for this to work as well as cruise control? Thanks in advance.

Keith

Yes, main thing is to reflash the same BEF you have loaded, only using the new MHD app, which will do a full write, to provide their new logic. The logic is applied when the BEF is being written to your car.

chadillac2000

Corporal
Oct 26, 2017
NC
Ride
2008 BMW 135i
Mine also took 20 minutes and I started it right before I left for work. Had to make up that 18 minutes on the way -- luckily didn't have shift bog to worry about!

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Well, my clutch holds the 3-4 shift but doesn't hold up as well on the 2-3 shift. Since the 3-4 shift is fine, I wanted to test my 60-130 time again.

This was my best time BEFORE the shift bog fix.
44175192872_86ee49db47_c.jpg

This is my first try AFTER the shift bog fix.
44386051041_cb22e7218b_c.jpg

As you can see, I knocked off 0.3 sec with the fix alone! You can also see the blue line has much less lag in the middle (3-4 shift). The best part about this is that my 3rd gear was actually stronger in the "before" pull as you can see by the 60-70, 60-80, 60-90, 60-100 times. This means I picked up all of the 0.3 difference with the faster shift, and that there is even more on the table. I think with some fine tuning, I'll be able to get a very low 6 second pass on a cold night with a low tank of gas.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I don't hear many good things from spec products I don't plan on buying their stuff anytime soon

I hear that when it works, it works great. If you have a problem though, good luck. If I ever need to upgrade, I'll probably go XClutch. I was just making a funny and used the largest clutch vendor :D

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Currently a known issue with the PI safety and users of the WOTBox or JB4 NLS relay, I should have it fixed today or tomorrow depending on when people can test. In the mean, you can reflash without the option or just not NLS until the update hits.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Because other high HP platforms specifically add in CDV to reduce drive train shock. But somehow in the BMW world it's a common mod to remove.

The delay it introduces is enormous and excessive. Perhaps a less restrictive delay valve would do the trick for those with enough power that they're smoking up twin discs.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Currently a known issue with the PI safety and users of the WOTBox or JB4 NLS relay, I should have it fixed today or tomorrow depending on when people can test. In the mean, you can reflash without the option or just not NLS until the update hits.
Is it possible to add coding for wotbox users, after a few pulls the dme throws it into limp mode for 1-6 misfire and ignition supply voltage fault. Really sucks when you're racing and she goes limp lol

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Is it possible to add coding for wotbox users, after a few pulls the dme throws it into limp mode for 1-6 misfire and ignition supply voltage fault. Really sucks when you're racing and she goes limp lol

Are you referring to the PI safety or in general? I would think the efforts would better be spent on MHD based NLS and launch control, anti-lag, etc rather than for using the WOTbox.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

You can reflash for now without the PI safety checkbox, I am working on the fix for wotbox / jb4 nls relay wires.

Are you referring to the PI safety or in general? I would think the efforts would better be spent on MHD based NLS and launch control, anti-lag, etc rather than for using the WOTbox.

Those are in the works :)

Reactions: langsbr