SYVECS running N54 _ WHo has one?

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Well, I'm up and running on Syvecs. So far it's made 623hp on 93 pump. Going to pick it up hopefully this Saturday and put a few hundred miles on it, and then switch to straight E85 and shoot for big numbers.

Ill report back on how the bluetooth module works out.

nice. if you have no problems with blue tooth i'm going to get that and build a frame for a tablet or something so I can stream data log without the laptop. I wish I waited for the S7 with expanded memory but sh8t happens.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
My syvecs injector driver module died. Jake at Motiv helped me get a warrant replacement really fast. They think the Ignition system killed it. Something about sharing the same power source. It will be changed out for something different.

Drove the car around on the pump gas engine break-in tune at 650whp while I was home.

Im away from home for work again for the next few months, and the car is back with Jake for full E85 tune and big power.

MMP motor is holding up just fine (Knock on wood).

Reactions: R.G. and DirtKurt

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Your not the first to have this issue, my Aussie tuner had the same problem with other platforms and that's why I've been holding off.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
My syvecs injector driver module died. Jake at Motiv helped me get a warrant replacement really fast. They think the Ignition system killed it. Something about sharing the same power source. It will be changed out for something different.

Drove the car around on the pump gas engine break-in tune at 650whp while I was home.

Im away from home for work again for the next few months, and the car is back with Jake for full E85 tune and big power.

MMP motor is holding up just fine (Knock on wood).

Interesting. When did you fry that one and was it the first generation of driver modules or second?

Brule

Sergeant
Feb 20, 2017
Ride
335i 2007 6spd manual
I know 1 person that has been through 3 of the injector driver part from delta.
Syvecs doesnt even make the driver.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Part of the Z4 crew, @Keko, yesterday was knocking on the back door of 800whp. Running Syvecs - Dyno Pull

Filippo

a5f89f4d-d738-437d-bf74-fd59c74ae806.jpg

Reactions: Keko
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Depending on purpose of car, once your out of first, doesn’t matter anymore.
Spool doesn't matter anymore out of first? Yes, it really does, that pesky thing can transient response matters quite a bit in all gears, unless its a dedicated drag car... Taking one look at the picture of the car its a street car, so yes spool would matter. Just looking at the graph a 1500RPM power band seems pretty poorly suited for a streetcar, but I am sure you will somehow argue that 1500RPM power band is great for a street car

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Spool doesn't matter anymore out of first? Yes, it really does, that pesky thing can transient response matters quite a bit in all gears, unless its a dedicated drag car... Taking one look at the picture of the car its a street car, so yes spool would matter. Just looking at the graph a 1500RPM power band seems pretty poorly suited for a streetcar, but I am sure you will somehow argue that 1500RPM power band is great for a street car
Chris stop trying to pick fights and flex your internet muscles. It’s pretty obvious, given my comment, that it was based on drag racing. When racing, you spend all your time at higher rpm. So, yes. After first gear it doesn’t matter.

He could also be running rolling anti lag, in which case this graph doesn’t show how it would be to drive. If all you did was putt around at low rpm and then just stomp the pedal, yes, this thing would be a dog.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
Bumping this old thread as I'm considering a standalone. How has life been with the syvecs?

Reactions: doublespaces

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I can't justify the cost considering how far mhd has come for the n54.

On the other hand I can justify it on the s65 motor considering how shit the factory ecu is in boost applications and how much the tuners charge for their tunes considering how little the gains are.

I will be getting one eventually as I got a good mate here in oz that tunes the syvecs on a regular basis and knows his way around them for my s65 but my 335i is staying mhd with a v8bait tune.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Come on now! (Wait a minute, I am old now). I have had some life change events and have sold my 135i project. I’m good friends with the new owner and Jake from Motiv has gotten the Syvecs in the 135i I sold tuned pretty well. The car made 770 with a bad BOV spring, and the CHRA spun fast enough to damage some blades.

CHRA has been replaced, BOV spring replaced and logs are looking clean now (so I’m told). They want my buddy (the owner now) to redyno it. I’m guessing not venting boost to atmosphere it will push over 1K.

in other news, I have like enough parts to build a complete second car that I’ll be posting for sale at some point on here. Im still overseas and all my spare parts have been moved to my new house in Huntsville. Just gotta make it to my new home and I’ll let you guys have at em.

hope you guys are well!

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Bumping this old thread as I'm considering a standalone. How has life been with the syvecs?
old, but not retired or getting social security...

if you define what purpose you are using your car and what challenges you are having with flash only i can lend my 2c on the value of a stand alone alternative.

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
old, but not retired or getting social security...

if you define what purpose you are using your car and what challenges you are having with flash only i can lend my 2c on the value of a stand alone alternative.

high power street car. My build thread is here:

I miss the real time tuning and datalogging of standalones on this platform, but I do recognize the stock DME is fairly powerful. I've tuned Haltech, AEM, Wolf, Fueltech, Motech, TEC, etc...

That said, there's a lot of undocumented logic with few people who have actual answers and a lot of clowns recommending bad practices. For example, I've just found out that leaving the boost reference connected on the FPR is a bad idea, as the DME will pull back duty cycle to reach target, aside from trying to run the pumps into near useless territory. I'll be addressing that with some table changes and removing the boost reference and setting the static pressure to 80psi and likely adding a BPM4 to run the pumps.

On the other hand, oem ecu has a good bit of safeties, granted, I need to deal w/ the false knock still, but I'm taking baby steps.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 011226.png

Last edited: