SYVECS running N54 _ WHo has one?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Why not have a single sensor on the turbo downpipe that controls a single bank of all 6 cylinders (like the N55) so you can run the OE lambda sensor without a failure every few months? Syvecs says this is easily accomplished. So if you're wondering how to justify the price of the ECU, just convince yourself that 6 years worth of O2 sensor replacements will pay for the kit.

Also coming to a stock DME near you ;) Chris's car has been running in "single bank" mode for 4+ months now, with external per bank lambda, per cyl egt, and external wideband in the downpipe, plus the OEM lambdas in the downpipe. Still gathering a bit more data and testing, but seems to work well. The next Motiv manifold may not have o2 bungs on it...

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Also coming to a stock DME near you ;) Chris's car has been running in "single bank" mode for 4+ months now, with external per bank lambda, per cyl egt, and external wideband in the downpipe, plus the OEM lambdas in the downpipe. Still gathering a bit more data and testing, but seems to work well. The next Motiv manifold may not have o2 bungs on it...

#bless

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Someone should contact ar design, HPF as well as CP-E who made the manifold for that ScrotchieMcBoogerBalls guy, Unfor. Let them know that a decade later their manifolds will finally work.

upload_2018-7-28_14-33-1.png

upload_2018-7-28_14-36-9.png

upload_2018-7-28_14-34-59.png

Reactions: soawesomeman

soawesomeman

Private
Nov 8, 2017
Seattle
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Anyone using Syvecs launch control on an n54 or know an internet video of it? Just rather see a BMW demo than Civic lol

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2016
Ride
2010 e90 335i
Bump for Syvecs progress. Stepped away from the forums for a bit not sure what the status is. Audi is out here raping us running full syvecs already ....lets go guys.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Bump for Syvecs progress. Stepped away from the forums for a bit not sure what the status is. Audi is out here raping us running full syvecs already ....lets go guys.

I had a slight issue with mine, that required it to be sent back to Syvecs for warranty repair. From what I understand the repairs are complete and the ECU’s heading back to the states now. Jake from Motiv has set mine up and is tuning it.

The tune is substantially more expensive than a regular DME tune, due to how involved the process is getting all of extra features the ECU is capable of set up properly. IMO, it’s worth it. (For the time involved, continued support after the tuning process, etc)

Jake from Motiv is the guy you want to work with. He has relationships with Syvecs themselves, as well as the #1 Syvecs guy in the USA (I can’t remember his name). He basically has all the support he needs as well as the expertise to make this thing work perfectly.

I should have some Dyno results in the coming weeks. My car has a fully built motor and head, and a Motiv single. I’ll be sure to update once the tune is dialed in.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Glad to see someone who shares in the forums has one. Unfortunate when these things don't get shown around more often.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I get that the first people getting tubes on one of these will have to shoulder a heavy cost for tuning, but don’t see why it would remain high. Base maps and all of the safety features should be portable from one car to another. Glad to see this finally happening though.

Dec 27, 2016
Ride
2010 e90 335i
I had a slight issue with mine, that required it to be sent back to Syvecs for warranty repair. From what I understand the repairs are complete and the ECU’s heading back to the states now. Jake from Motiv has set mine up and is tuning it.

The tune is substantially more expensive than a regular DME tune, due to how involved the process is getting all of extra features the ECU is capable of set up properly. IMO, it’s worth it. (For the time involved, continued support after the tuning process, etc)

Jake from Motiv is the guy you want to work with. He has relationships with Syvecs themselves, as well as the #1 Syvecs guy in the USA (I can’t remember his name). He basically has all the support he needs as well as the expertise to make this thing work perfectly.

I should have some Dyno results in the coming weeks. My car has a fully built motor and head, and a Motiv single. I’ll be sure to update once the tune is dialed in.

Where did you purchase your Syvecs unit from? And what was the cost?

It seems like anyone going over 800whp in the n54 platform has non stop issues that only going standalone would fix. This may be the only thing left to save the highpower portion of the n54 community.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I believe Jake @ Motiv is running Syvecs, and can likely supply (and tune).

Filippo

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Where did you purchase your Syvecs unit from? And what was the cost?

It seems like anyone going over 800whp in the n54 platform has non stop issues that only going standalone would fix. This may be the only thing left to save the highpower portion of the n54 community.

I purchased my Syvecs from AMS (The GTR dudes). It cost me 5258.51, (including bluetooth module and shipping) I saved a copy of my invoice.

At the time of purchase I didn't know that Jake from Motiv was involved with / tunes Syvecs, or I would have gone through him to supply the standalone and tune it.

Get in touch with Jake from Motiv, maybe he can put together a package deal for you . You will need some custom wire harness work that he does as well.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
I purchased my Syvecs from AMS (The GTR dudes). It cost me 5258.51, (including bluetooth module and shipping) I saved a copy of my invoice.

At the time of purchase I didn't know that Jake from Motiv was involved with / tunes Syvecs, or I would have gone through him to supply the standalone and tune it.

Get in touch with Jake from Motiv, maybe he can put together a package deal for you . You will need some custom wire harness work that he does as well.

How are you finding the blue tooth? Or not used much in anger yet? I'm using an Ethernet to USB adaptor and it is temperamental, has long spells of being OK then randomly needs the laptop to be restarted to work.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
How are you finding the blue tooth? Or not used much in anger yet? I'm using an Ethernet to USB adaptor and it is temperamental, has long spells of being OK then randomly needs the laptop to be restarted to work.

I honestly haven't used it yet. Car is still at the shop being tuned on Syvecs now.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
I honestly haven't used it yet. Car is still at the shop being tuned on Syvecs now.

OK. When you have some use behind it let me know, or any feedback from the tuner on connectivity reliability. I'm considering getting that module.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
It seems like anyone going over 800whp in the n54 platform has non stop issues that only going standalone would fix.

You could expect that at 300hp/ltr?

It is interesting what some people will spend on ST and engine build then want to control it for a few hundred dollars and half exposed control tables. Anyone in the market now gets what looks to be the S7, which is a very handy upgrade from the old S6. If I knew I would have waited a few months for the S7. You also benefit from revised firmware and better DI / PI control flexibility compared to what was available last year and a better base map.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
You could expect that at 300hp/ltr?

It is interesting what some people will spend on ST and engine build then want to control it for a few hundred dollars and half exposed control tables. Anyone in the market now gets what looks to be the S7, which is a very handy upgrade from the old S6. If I knew I would have waited a few months for the S7. You also benefit from revised firmware and better DI / PI control flexibility compared to what was available last year and a better base map.
Selfishly, I wish more people were willing to spend the money for the syvecs I’d love to see how well they control things once enough people get them to give tuners a solid amount of time with them. I’d happily pay the money for the functionality, but don’t want to spend all the money to be the tuning guinea pig.

• Agree
Reactions: SSDD

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
From a tuning perspective I don’t feel there is any guinea pig risk over and beyond any other standalone/platform, except for the fact that some other suppliers might have more local familiarity with set-up and interface. I’ve found the control strategies for n54 specific hardware to all work just fine including those things controlled over CAN like the low pressure fuel pump. Imo, if you’re not self-tuning you want a capable standalone tuner available locally to you, not an n54 flash expert and don’t bother remote email tuning. Live tuning is the sh8t in the right hands.

From a supplied hardware point of view, only time and increased use will tell that story. Most people who acquire a syvecs and are involved in forums, get them for projects that are in some state of build and randomly have other things / parts that break and go wrong or don’t commit full time energy into the project. So putting a good amount of road distance into these units over and beyond a quick video, few days on the dyno and track season here and there is going to take more time.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
From a tuning perspective I don’t feel there is any guinea pig risk over and beyond any other standalone/platform, except for the fact that some other suppliers might have more local familiarity with set-up and interface. I’ve found the control strategies for n54 specific hardware to all work just fine including those things controlled over CAN like the low pressure fuel pump. Imo, if you’re not self-tuning you want a capable standalone tuner available locally to you, not an n54 flash expert and don’t bother remote email tuning. Live tuning is the sh8t in the right hands.

From a supplied hardware point of view, only time and increased use will tell that story. Most people who acquire a syvecs and are involved in forums, get them for projects that are in some state of build and randomly have other things / parts that break and go wrong or don’t commit full time energy into the project. So putting a good amount of road distance into these units over and beyond a quick video, few days on the dyno and track season here and there is going to take more time.
I guess I should clarify that I would want it to get to the same point as Sheepy Race has theirs for R8s and Lamborghinis, where they have all the control/safety strategies and tuning dialed in and basically copy paste from car to car and then just do a little dyno and road tuning to smooth out that last bit for each car being slightly different.