Before choose tuner, read me or get cheated. DocVu etuning process and result sharing

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Lol I just wanted to see how much it would take before something went wrong lol. I haven't tore the old motor apart yet but I suspect it spun a rod bearing or bent the rod on cylinder 1 I keept letting superknock in that cylinder and in bank 1. I'm currently building my backup motor with molnar rods, mahle powerpak pistons (10:2:1 ) acl race rod bearings and calico main bearings. Been thinking if i wanna mess with the head at all or keep it stock for now

It's only another 4k for a fully built head with cams ;)

I wish more people rev'd out their n54. an 8150rpm safe limit would be sweet.

• Wow
Reactions: SlowE93

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Yes not on doc vus tune though im not tryna throw the tuner under the bus that my motor popper on so it'll start more drama. 32 psi on a 6875 it was gonna happen revving it to 8k I ain't mad and doc vu wasn't tuning the car
Thanks for clarification.
What kind of power was that thing making ?
Curious as to why you would go to another tuner, if you were happy with Vu ?
Did you get to do any 1/4 mile passes ? Curious as to what time and trap an E93 is capable of.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
Lol I just wanted to see how much it would take before something went wrong lol. I haven't tore the old motor apart yet but I suspect it spun a rod bearing or bent the rod on cylinder 1 I keept letting superknock in that cylinder and in bank 1. I'm currently building my backup motor with molnar rods, mahle powerpak pistons (10:2:1 ) acl race rod bearings and calico main bearings. Been thinking if i wanna mess with the head at all or keep it stock for now
Superknock sucks and nobody truly knows where it stems from. Especially if it only occurs on top end WOT. Some experience LSPI but not the case with me and many others. In logs it looks more like a misfire and feels like one as well. Others say it shows up in shadow codes but they never even felt it. Very strange. Car is fine now, but Ive been down this road.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Superknock sucks and nobody truly knows where it stems from. Especially if it only occurs on top end WOT. Some experience LSPI but not the case with me and many others. In logs it looks more like a misfire and feels like one as well. Others say it shows up in shadow codes but they never even felt it. Very strange. Car is fine now, but Ive been down this road.
Yeah mine begun after I was targeting 30psi and over boosted to 32 psi and ran lean.

• Sad

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Thanks for clarification.
What kind of power was that thing making ?
Curious as to why you would go to another tuner, if you were happy with Vu ?
Did you get to do any 1/4 mile passes ? Curious as to what time and trap an E93 is capable of.
I imagine it was making 750+, I was happy with vu and have known and worked with him for awhile but everyone favorite scammer @Slow335is was scamming tunes off of vu and vu thought i was still in contact with nick and haven't been for over a year. So when I got the 6875 jb4 and the port injection I asked vu how much he wanted to change my tune for that and gave me an astronomical number because he was under the impression I was working with nick and scamming tunes like nick was. At like 25 psi it did a 12.2 on the street spinning through 1st and 2nd a good bit and then hitting fuel cut in the top of 3rd, that was basically by best pass on it because after that I lost interest in doing any more quarter miles on the street until I put the 17in slicks on. I did like a 129mph and my best 60-130 was a 7.2 at 26psi with Terry helping me dial in the jb4 and only revving to 7k. The issue with the 6875 you have to sit on the anti lag for awhile to really make it affective I mostly just rolling into boost and tried to see what it would do like that.

Reactions: SlowE93 and Torgus

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
It's only another 4k for a fully built head with cams ;)

I wish more people rev'd out their n54. an 8150rpm safe limit would be sweet.
I have a couple spare heads laying around and my buddy who's building my motor has a full engine machine shop at his place so a ported head with some ferrea valve train may be in the not so distant future

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
I imagine it was making 750+, I was happy with vu and have known and worked with him for awhile but everyone favorite scammer @Slow335is was scamming tunes off of vu and vu thought i was still in contact with nick and haven't been for over a year. So when I got the 6875 jb4 and the port injection I asked vu how much he wanted to change my tune for that and gave me an astronomical number because he was under the impression I was working with nick and scamming tunes like nick was. At like 25 psi it did a 12.2 on the street spinning through 1st and 2nd a good bit and then hitting fuel cut in the top of 3rd, that was basically by best pass on it because after that I lost interest in doing any more quarter miles on the street until I put the 17in slicks on. I did like a 129mph and my best 60-130 was a 7.2 at 26psi with Terry helping me dial in the jb4 and only revving to 7k. The issue with the 6875 you have to sit on the anti lag for awhile to really make it affective I mostly just rolling into boost and tried to see what it would do like that.
I was not aware of the tune scamming here.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I was not aware of the tune scamming here.
Yeah well nick Olson will scam anyone for anything so he eventually picked up a 135 claimed it was his shop car and got free tunes from vu when in reality he doesn't work on his own car and just upcharges people on parts from the one or 2 vendors that some reason give him a discount. I told vu the dude is scamming you and scammed me for unpaid work and that i don't deal with him anymore and I was like if I were you I wouldn't listen to this dudes lies. Scammer nick probably fed him another load of lies and then vu never had the same attitude with me since.

JsabinoE82

Jun 2, 2021
I understand that OP is frustrated about the whole prometh situation, but at the end of the day all Doc Vu did was recommend the product doesn’t mean he had to choose it. There are other options out there If he would’ve done the research. I personally have had a great experience with Doc for about a year now or so. He has always helped me with any problems I’ve encountered, like others have said the guy will literally call you and try to help you out. I feel like on Doc’s part everything he did was fair and getting blasted by OP is just kinda diss. +1 for Doc Vu 🤙🏼

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
View attachment 54124

Why would he need DP Meth or a PFS POD when he only has access to RON 98 aka our pump 93? His stated goal is 600bhp. Or around 500whp on a dynojet. You can do that on pump 93 FBO + inlets on 17t twins no meth. His CP meth would only make it more safe as it adds octane and cooling.

OP should be running a 3.0 or 3.5 bar TMAP. I assume he is on the stock TMAP? No tuner should be tuning to the max on the stock TMAP. It is not nearly accurate enough the last two PSI. Should be kept to 20psi or lower. Did we ever get a log uploaded?

The influx of facebook and instagram fanbois is comical. Must protect the tuna, bullshit asshole no one likes the tuna here.
I do a little off topic: the pfs pod is useless if we only have 95 or 98 ron eur?

Reactions: Torgus

Dcperformanceworks

Sep 4, 2019
GA
dcperformanceworks.com
Ride
08 335xi
I'd use king bearings across the board

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
That’s not the case but ok, OP is dumb as shit.
OK new user, I'll take your word for it that all these random new accounts are completely unrelated to Doc ;)

He sounds like a true Robin Hood character with all the charitable acts. He even has a band of merry men that vehemently defend his honour on forums.

Seriously though, at this point I don't care if you're a good tuner or not, this new account spamming is just obnoxious. Also I looked up that Misty Burgess person using their email and it turns out they aren't disabled or a mother. Also they are listed as single.
Sounds like it's a stolen paypal account being used as a proxy. Either that or the whole sob story is just made up and they are letting their paypal be used intentionally as a proxy.