Before choose tuner, read me or get cheated. DocVu etuning process and result sharing

lowsonchen

May 29, 2021
try to focus the main point:

1. A tuner can’t reach my 600bhp goal:if that’s the only issue. It’s no problem for me. Because I choose myself and he really provide the custom rom. So he really provide the service for what I paid (maybe just some complaint in my mind “he’s not so good as many people’s recommendation”)

2. Why I put relationship to tuner and vendor:At the beginning, I didn’t feel anything wrong of tuner too. So from 5/14 order confirm to 5/24, I tried contact with vendor all by myself. Only on 5/18, I emailed to tuner to say sorry that I suffered such thing, so I can’t take log for a couple day.
On 5/25, I try to ask tuner for help to have a local call to vendor to check if they are still in business, So I can tell that they cheated me if they still take other guy’s call or they really suffered something not be able to go on biz if they also not take local phone call. I think asking tuner to spend 30secs to have such local call should be reasonable since he suggests the vendor.
If tuner’s feedback is “No, I can’t help that”. It’s also OK although feel not so good. But if tuner feedback like below “usually take a few months for them to set up the kit and to ship it. I wouldn’t be worried”. Would you feel strange why he seems to know that situation in advance and just try to convince me that “it’s normal, just wait a few months, don’t worry about their disappear” That’s why I feel something wrong about tuner and vendor.
Guys, ask yourself when you buy something by someone’s suggestion, the shop response quickly before pay and disappear right after pay. And you ask someone to help to check something, he replies that “don’t worry, it’s normal”. Do you feel something wrong?

Finally, I still want to repeat that “It’s a public forum, everybody can share their experience no matter good or not only if it’s true not fake”. If you disagree that, just say why and what you based on, don’t focus on other things. I delete post on FB group because the group name is “N54 upgrade turbo tuners”. It’s really too rude to say loudly something bad in tuner’s shop. Not because anything wrong in my sharing. Somebody mentioned that many good experiences of this tuner like fast reversion, it’s true, it’s positive for this tuner”. But I still feel strange that why tuner just convince me that it’s a normal situation, don’t worry. Why not just take a call to clarify what happen to the vendor? Why you seem to know that situation in advance, you don’t remind anything?

Guys, if you suffer the same situation, then you still feel normal and feel that will receive the stuff in a few month. I think you should be the crazy supporters of the tuner. But I’m a normal guy, I have common sense that what’s normal, what’s wrong. So, that’s why I share the experience here.

pic20-jpg.jpg

whole story :

Hi, everyone. All the experience is real and can be proven by message/mail/web record.

A. 2/9 get contact w/ DocVu, provide my detail mod list and ask the tunning fee, and Vu reply $350. My goal is 600bhp, about 510 whp ( that’s after lots of research, my setup should be easily to make it ). Vu initially start to introduce prometh and pi meth……
[fig 1-6]

B. From 2/9~ 4/17, I do a lot research again to check if I really have to do PI meth to meet my goal, and my conclusion is “No”. During this period, I also do my maintenance, including brand new index12 injectors, dephi coils, and 2 colder 020gap spark.

C. 4/17 I decides to choose DocVu by most people on FB recommendation. After I paid $350 by paypal, Vu ask to pay more $100 (because he doesn’t notice I’m 17t) + $20 (because I don’t use “gift” function in paypal, actually I don’t have gift function in paypal). But I still choose to accept it just ask him to have a no-meth version for free, and that’s deal.
[fig 7-9]

D. From 4/17 to 5/1, after 5 revisions, Vu said that’s the result of my setup. During the process, I solve my compressor pulley issue. And Vu keep asking prometh and overdrive and 3.5bar(I had it) to more psi. I used virtual dyno and dyno log to check the power curve and simulate the dyno (about 450whp, 650nm), and will do the real dyno.
[fig 10-12]

E. 5/6 have the sad dyno result (blue/red for rev4/5), about 450whp and 650nm. Pretty close to the virtual tools. I ask to more improvement because many guys can easily over 500whp by 17t/93oct/meth, even the stock turbo.
[fig 13]

F. From 5/7 to 5/11, Vu ask to take my own charge pipe meth risk and start more than 20psi tuning. After 5 revision w/ meth% from 70 to 90, still mix cyl misfires. Since Vu try to do that but fail, I made my decision to go prometh as Vu suggestion. And Vu said that w/ prometh I can hit 550whp.
[fig 14]

G. From 5/12 to 5/24, I start to check my orginal snow kit fittable w/ prometh Rodney. Prometh always answer my question quickly after a couple hour. And I ordered the kit on 5/14. Just after my order, I wish to confirm my nozzle spec to them but they disappear. Regardless customer service, phone, email, FB, ig… They just disappear. I also ask for help on FB group, and also have the same case which is cheated by prometh.

[fig 15-18]

H. 5/24 I ask help to Vu calling Prometh to make sure if they are still in business. ( Prometh local biz time in Cal. is my local time 23:30 to 08:00, and I still try several times to call them ). To my big surprise, Vu said prometh usually take a few months to prepare the kit…. WTF, that really make me question about the relationship between Vu and prometh. If that’s long time required to do the preparation, prometh should have statement before order. Even though not, they don’t need to hide…. So by common sense, they are cheating me.
[fig 19]

Till now Prometh still not ship out. Do the sharing to all, hope that will help for those seeking etuner.

Attachments

• fig1.jpg
    fig1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 634
  • fig2.jpg
    fig2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 273
  • fig3.jpg
    fig3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 226
  • fig4.jpg
    fig4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 198
  • fig5.jpg
    fig5.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 200
  • fig6.jpg
    fig6.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 192
  • fig7.jpg
    fig7.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 187
  • fig8.jpg
    fig8.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 176
  • fig9.jpg
    fig9.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 163
  • fig10.jpg
    fig10.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 167
  • fig11.jpg
    fig11.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 151
  • fig12.jpg
    fig12.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 177
  • fig13.jpg
    fig13.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 178
  • fig14.jpg
    fig14.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 173
  • fig15.jpg
    fig15.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 154
  • fig16.jpg
    fig16.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 143
  • fig17.jpg
    fig17.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 144
  • fig18.jpg
    fig18.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 134
  • fig19.jpg
    fig19.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Could do with a TL;DR section. Am I reading it right that Doc Vu charged lots of extras and provided a crap tune? And that Prometh take money but don't supply the goods?

Posting links to datazap logs would also be useful too. Easy to spot a crap tuner from a few datalogs.

Also not sure I'd trust a tuner with an email like that. Does he also do dental work on the side?

Reactions: TheFixer

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Well...he is a dentist after all right? Sounds like you got drilled! Sorry I had to.

While dp meth is nice, you certainly don't need it to get results with meth. A few in the cp do just fine generally. I wonder why he pushed the dp set up so hard knowing it had a few months lead time?

Mistyburgess83 so the money goes into some sketchy stripper's PayPal account? Even his email address is a bit odd...not how I would set up a buisness. Even a side business.

I have only known 1 dentist closely but he is busy and successful. No way would he have a tuning business on the side unless it took basically no time.

Last edited:

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
last year I intended to go to VU
but I have spoken of my intentions here.
all people like Torgus told me not to go to FB tuners
I have listened to the advice and am heading to WEDGE.
at the moment i'm still in stg2 + mhd and aem wmi.
I asked KEN a lot, a lot of questions, he answered me every time, even during his vacation when I haven't given him any money yet
I have to wait for step 3 because I have to upgrade everything (I have 6 index 12 injectors and 6 eldor coils to buy)
after all that, 19t turbos and maybe a pfs POD. and only then will I ask Ken to give me the melody

Reactions: Torgus

lowsonchen

May 29, 2021
Why did you delete?
I delete post because I suffer many many roaring laughing....because the fb society is their shop, many people support them. actually some guys also suffer the same, but they didn't do something.

go to bummerboost n54, that is the only post now.

https://www.bummerboost.com/showthr...ated-DocVu-etuning-process-and-result-sharing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210530-093553_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210530-093553_Messenger.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20210530-093606_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210530-093606_Messenger.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
I delete post because I suffer many many roaring laughing....because the fb society is their shop, many people support them. actually some guys also suffer the same, but they didn't do something.

go to bummerboost n54, that is the only post now.

https://www.bummerboost.com/showthr...ated-DocVu-etuning-process-and-result-sharing
for me the link does not work.
why delete the post?
I find it very interesting to have feedback on the tuners whether they are good or bad.
it is not a lack of respect to say that one is disappointed.
VU and many others have great fame on FB, insta but that doesn't mean they're perfect.
personally with regard to all the information on the N54, I do not look any more on FB / insta or on the french groups, I come on this forum.
I know that I express myself badly (because of google translate) but most of the time I have serious answers to my questions :)

Reactions: Torgus

lowsonchen

May 29, 2021
for me the link does not work.
why delete the post?
I find it very interesting to have feedback on the tuners whether they are good or bad.
it is not a lack of respect to say that one is disappointed.
VU and many others have great fame on FB, insta but that doesn't mean they're perfect.
personally with regard to all the information on the N54, I do not look any more on FB / insta or on the french groups, I come on this forum.
I know that I express myself badly (because of google translate) but most of the time I have serious answers to my questions :)
I restore it, fyi

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Hi, everyone. All the experience is real and can be proven by message/mail/web record.

A. 2/9 get contact w/ DocVu, provide my detail mod list and ask the tunning fee, and Vu reply $350. My goal is 600bhp, about 510 whp ( that’s after lots of research, my setup should be easily to make it ). Vu initially start to introduce prometh and pi meth……
[fig 1-6]

B. From 2/9~ 4/17, I do a lot research again to check if I really have to do PI meth to meet my goal, and my conclusion is “No”. During this period, I also do my maintenance, including brand new index12 injectors, dephi coils, and 2 colder 020gap spark.

C. 4/17 I decides to choose DocVu by most people on FB recommendation. After I paid $350 by paypal, Vu ask to pay more $100 (because he doesn’t notice I’m 17t) + $20 (because I don’t use “gift” function in paypal, actually I don’t have gift function in paypal). But I still choose to accept it just ask him to have a no-meth version for free, and that’s deal.
[fig 7-9]

D. From 4/17 to 5/1, after 5 revisions, Vu said that’s the result of my setup. During the process, I solve my compressor pulley issue. And Vu keep asking prometh and overdrive and 3.5bar(I had it) to more psi. I used virtual dyno and dyno log to check the power curve and simulate the dyno (about 450whp, 650nm), and will do the real dyno.
[fig 10-12]

E. 5/6 have the sad dyno result (blue/red for rev4/5), about 450whp and 650nm. Pretty close to the virtual tools. I ask to more improvement because many guys can easily over 500whp by 17t/93oct/meth, even the stock turbo.
[fig 13]

F. From 5/7 to 5/11, Vu ask to take my own charge pipe meth risk and start more than 20psi tuning. After 5 revision w/ meth% from 70 to 90, still mix cyl misfires. Since Vu try to do that but fail, I made my decision to go prometh as Vu suggestion. And Vu said that w/ prometh I can hit 550whp.
[fig 14]

G. From 5/12 to 5/24, I start to check my orginal snow kit fittable w/ prometh Rodney. Prometh always answer my question quickly after a couple hour. And I ordered the kit on 5/14. Just after my order, I wish to confirm my nozzle spec to them but they disappear. Regardless customer service, phone, email, FB, ig… They just disappear. I also ask for help on FB group, and also have the same case which is cheated by prometh.

[fig 15-18]

H. 5/24 I ask help to Vu calling Prometh to make sure if they are still in business. ( Prometh local biz time in Cal. is my local time 23:30 to 08:00, and I still try several times to call them ). To my big surprise, Vu said prometh usually take a few months to prepare the kit…. WTF, that really make me question about the relationship between Vu and prometh. If that’s long time required to do the preparation, prometh should have statement before order. Even though not, they don’t need to hide…. So by common sense, they are cheating me.
[fig 19]

Till now Prometh still not ship out. Do the sharing to all, hope that will help for those seeking etuner.
Just realized you are not too far from me . Hope you get your issues resolved or chalk it up as a loss and move on to a new tuner.

N54135iAT

Private
Mar 29, 2019
Ride
BMW E82 135i N54
V8Bait all day long. Seems that not only germany has some sh***y ass wannabe N54 tuners. Wonder how much they pay him for each meth kit he wants his customers to buy so they are "not damaging" the engine lol.

kylerwinters

Lurker
May 25, 2019
Ride
335xi
Why are you assuming that ProMeth and DocVu have a relationship? They are two separate companies and to my knowledge do not have a relationship. Asking DocVu to handle any order issues with ProMeth order is inappropriate. This would be equivalent to getting angry that the local grocery store won't go next door to the bank to ask them a question for you.

Judging by your poor English, I'm assuming you are located in Europe. I also assume due to the recommendation of a meth kit, you have no access to higher octane fuel. Basically, all I'm hearing you tell everyone is, DocVu has been responding and working with you but you are just acting like an entitled brat when he won't contact ProMeth for you.

I have never had an issue with DocVu. He has tuned most of my clients’ cars and all I hear in return is overwhelmingly positive reviews. He has helped one of my clients dial in the random maintenance issues causing tuning issues. He was responding daily until it was sorted out after two brand new sets of o2 sensors. He has helped my other client figure out some low-pressure fuel system issues. He is a great tuner and has amazing customer service. Sounds like you should be bashing ProMeth or the shipping company of your choice.

DillN54

May 31, 2021
I can personally speak on behalf of vu with the best customer service and all around tuner I’ve dealt with. I was originally tuned by motiv who would not respond to emails couldn’t remember who I was and sent me other people’s maps. The reason I switched to vu. But besides that you can’t blame someone or accuse them of siding with a company because of a recommendation that’s crazy had plenty of them from mr.vu been with him for over a year always there cars ran best it ever has. No need to try to down or ruin someone’s reputation because of a recommendation. You should have also asked for money back in the beginning if that was going to be an issue I’m sure he would have more than gladly given your money back.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Ok ... aside from two posts within minutes ... one from someone that has never posted, and other from someone that has not posted on any other subject but a diff thread ....

Maybe we could dig into this a little bit. @lowsonchen you first say 93 octane, but in your text message images say 98+ RON ... can you tell us in what country you are located?

All the injectors and turbos in the world cannot overcome fueling issues. If you have poor fuel, it's a problem. Ask @Asbjorn who has dealt with this issue extensively, upgrading his drivetrain in China.

jzx_andy

Corporal
May 22, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 E92 335i 6MT
My money is on V8bait. He answered every single question and did numerous of revisions without even asking for more money. Although i changed some hardware during the tuning. He s the guy to stick with.

Not to derail this thread, but would you or someone else PM me V8Bait's email addy or website please? I need to pull my finger out and get a custom tune.