Before choose tuner, read me or get cheated. DocVu etuning process and result sharing

pnw335i

Jun 1, 2021
Ive had my car tuned from DocVu for about 2years now. I had mmp 1ks twins first that I got for a good deal and obviously they blew up as most sets seem to do. Then went to doc race single turbo setup and have been tuned by DocVu the entire and never had any issues with tunes or customer service. Not many tuners will respond to you 12am when you have a random ass question about something or an issue. He’s goes above and beyond for his customers helping diagnose issues, charging a fair price, responds quickly and is always upfront with what’s going on with your car/setup. You’re mad because he’s trying to get you to your power goal as safely as possible? Can’t imagine how pissed you would be if he ignored your bad logs and kept turning it up like you asked and blew your motor up. Be patient. As for prometh I know people personally still waiting because they are almost done with the new redefined nozzles that are supposed to be much better than the others offered before so maybe that’s why they’re taking a bit longer idk?

lowsonchen

May 29, 2021
Like FB group result..... I share my experience honestly. I doublt something based on some judgement, thats also based on some evidence. maybe somebody feel he is good, somebody feel he like god, that is ok, just share it. dont say anyhing more than that. Its a public foram, not FB shop. everyone can say good or not good.

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
But now i really want to know it. Would you like to contact V8bait (or any other tuner known by the forum) to review your logs and see if he/they can do better?

Reactions: KevinC39

lowsonchen

May 29, 2021
But now i really want to know it. Would you like to contact V8bait (or any other tuner known by the forum) to review your logs and see if he/they can do better?
Tired to do that..... V8bait has no relationship with this case. If i do that, V8bait said i can do better.... So what ? cant prove anything. others can say its risk for your motor...something like that.no need to estalish more opposition.
Again, everyone has his judgement, just point on this topic, not point on this guy.

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
You pointed fingers on the guy named Doc Vu. You have been asking your money back because he did not hold what was promised, right? No need to start a fight, just to clarify if your car can do better with a proper tune, or your setup is just shit. Just to rule out things and get this mess sorted :)

Reactions: AR11TAY

lowsonchen

May 29, 2021
You pointed fingers on the guy named Doc Vu. You have been asking your money back because he did not hold what was promised, right? No need to start a fight, just to clarify if your car can do better with a proper tune, or your setup is just shit. Just to rule out things and get this mess sorted :)
I can pm log to you.

VasN54

Apr 19, 2021
Real businesses don't ask you to send money via F&F. Period.

Asshat here. Not surprising Misty has children and no job and is about to be evicted. Every misty I have met has been a train wreck ;) granted my sample size is small. Using a girlfriend's paypal account for your business is simply a bad business decision and still sketchy. Just put the money in your own account and hand/transfer her cash. My guess is his paypal account got locked/frozen and he is using hers instead so he can continue to be paid.

Nice to see the DocVu brigade has arrived by the way, I have never seen such passion for a tunah. All these new accounts with zero posts!

Let me get this straight, the story is the guy makes no money at his day job(but he could make 200k+), so he then makes no money on his part time job. Yup, that makes sense.
Plenty have asked for that and they've done good work. It's like going to a dealer vs going to a well reputable backyard mechanic (who only accepts cash). I prefer the backyard mechanic every time.

lowsonchen

May 29, 2021
I try to focus the main point:

1. A tuner can’t reach my 600bhp goal:if that’s the only issue. It’s no problem for me. Because I choose myself and he really provide the custom rom. So he really provide the service for what I paid (maybe just some complaint in my mind “he’s not so good as many people’s recommendation”)

2. Why I put relationship to tuner and vendor:At the beginning, I didn’t feel anything wrong of tuner too. So from 5/14 order confirm to 5/24, I tried contact with vendor all by myself. Only on 5/18, I emailed to tuner to say sorry that I suffered such thing, so I can’t take log for a couple day.
On 5/25, I try to ask tuner for help to have a local call to vendor to check if they are still in business, So I can tell that they cheated me if they still take other guy’s call or they really suffered something not be able to go on biz if they also not take local phone call. I think asking tuner to spend 30secs to have such local call should be reasonable since he suggests the vendor.
If tuner’s feedback is “No, I can’t help that”. It’s also OK although feel not so good. But if tuner feedback like below “usually take a few months for them to set up the kit and to ship it. I wouldn’t be worried”. Would you feel strange why he seems to know that situation in advance and just try to convince me that “it’s normal, just wait a few months, don’t worry about their disappear” That’s why I feel something wrong about tuner and vendor.
Guys, ask yourself when you buy something by someone’s suggestion, the shop response quickly before pay and disappear right after pay. And you ask someone to help to check something, he replies that “don’t worry, it’s normal”. Do you feel something wrong?

Finally, I still want to repeat that “It’s a public forum, everybody can share their experience no matter good or not only if it’s true not fake”. If you disagree that, just say why and what you based on, don’t focus on other things. I delete post on FB group because the group name is “N54 upgrade turbo tuners”. It’s really too rude to say loudly something bad in tuner’s shop. Not because anything wrong in my sharing. Somebody mentioned that many good experiences of this tuner like fast reversion, it’s true, it’s positive for this tuner”. But I still feel strange that why tuner just convince me that it’s a normal situation, don’t worry. Why not just take a call to clarify what happen to the vendor? Why you seem to know that situation in advance, you don’t remind anything?

Guys, if you suffer the same situation, then you still feel normal and feel that will receive the stuff in a few month. I think you should be the crazy supporters of the tuner. But I’m a normal guy, I have common sense that what’s normal, what’s wrong. So, that’s why I share the experience here.

pic20.jpg

Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
fig10-jpg.jpg

Why would he need DP Meth or a PFS POD when he only has access to RON 98 aka our pump 93? His stated goal is 600bhp. Or around 500whp on a dynojet. You can do that on pump 93 FBO + inlets on 17t twins no meth. His CP meth would only make it more safe as it adds octane and cooling.

OP should be running a 3.0 or 3.5 bar TMAP. I assume he is on the stock TMAP? No tuner should be tuning to the max on the stock TMAP. It is not nearly accurate enough the last two PSI. Should be kept to 20psi or lower. Did we ever get a log uploaded?

The influx of facebook and instagram fanbois is comical. Must protect the tuna, bullshit asshole no one likes the tuna here.

Last edited:

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I've been on the forums for a couple years now and I had my 6266 car with a helix tuned by vu . Absolutely never had any issues with him you can tell he's passionate about tuning and will give you a real phone call to discuss your goals or what you should change to achieve them. No other tuner has ever called me up or given me the opportunity to speak with them on the phone for a bit they all act to busy. At the end of the day vu does some of the best n54 tuning out there with the best customer service as well. Everyone else saying otherwise has never worked with the man spoken to the man or dealt with him directly and thats why your talking shit

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Hey I ninja deleted that!

Technically, the income isn't his. He may be a good tuner, doesn't seem like a good tax payer for sure.

You are right. She should be the one paying the taxes as she is the one receiving the income. I hope she is declaring it when she files her taxes. The IRS can be brutal regarding undeclared income/tax evasion, especially if it has been going on for years and is deliberate and is not accidental. I wonder how that income would effect the disability benefits she is likely receiving from the state?

It's not like it is hard or expensive to do things the right way. Once you make over a few grand on your side hustle you might as well make it legitimate and pay the man. The risk reward is not there. Don't get me wrong I am not some boy scout, as the saying goes, but once you are making thousands man up and do the right thing.

Last edited:

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
I've been on the forums for a couple years now and I had my 6266 car with a helix tuned by vu . Absolutely never had any issues with him you can tell he's passionate about tuning and will give you a real phone call to discuss your goals or what you should change to achieve them. No other tuner has ever called me up or given me the opportunity to speak with them on the phone for a bit they all act to busy. At the end of the day vu does some of the best n54 tuning out there with the best customer service as well. Everyone else saying otherwise has never worked with the man spoken to the man or dealt with him directly and thats why your talking shit
Is this the one with a blown motor ?
Not talkn shit, just curious as somebody had mentioned to me a single turbo E93 that blew his engine.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Hey I ninja deleted that!

You are right. She should be the one paying the taxes as she is the one receiving the income. I hope she is declaring it when she files her taxes. The IRS can be brutal regarding undeclared income, especially if it has been going on for years and is not accidental. I wonder how that income would effect the disability benefits she is likely receiving from the state?

It's not like it is hard or expensive to do things the right way. Once you make over a few grand on your side hustle you might as well make it legitimate and pay the man. The risk reward is not there. Don't get me wrong I am not some boy scout, as the saying goes, but once you are making thousands man up and do the right thing.

I'm not trying to say they aren't declaring their taxes, but certainly if you don't have a website of any kind don't use your own paypal, and you want the money sent as friends and family its all a little suspicious. Seems like a way to funnel money through, without raising to many red flags.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and SlowE93

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Is this the one with a blown motor ?
Not talkn shit, just curious as somebody had mentioned to me a single turbo E93 that blew his engine.
Yes not on doc vus tune though im not tryna throw the tuner under the bus that my motor popper on so it'll start more drama. 32 psi on a 6875 it was gonna happen revving it to 8k I ain't mad and doc vu wasn't tuning the car

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
32 psi on a 6875 revving it to 8k? Trying to break a land speed record ;) I kid

Was it built at all? Stock head? I assumed valve float around 7500?

Last edited:

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Lol I just wanted to see how much it would take before something went wrong lol. I haven't tore the old motor apart yet but I suspect it spun a rod bearing or bent the rod on cylinder 1 I keept letting superknock in that cylinder and in bank 1. I'm currently building my backup motor with molnar rods, mahle powerpak pistons (10:2:1 ) acl race rod bearings and calico main bearings. Been thinking if i wanna mess with the head at all or keep it stock for now

Reactions: Torgus