Before choose tuner, read me or get cheated. DocVu etuning process and result sharing

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Why are you assuming that ProMeth and DocVu have a relationship? They are two separate companies and to my knowledge do not have a relationship. Asking DocVu to handle any order issues with ProMeth order is inappropriate. This would be equivalent to getting angry that the local grocery store won't go next door to the bank to ask them a question for you.

Judging by your poor English, I'm assuming you are located in Europe. I also assume due to the recommendation of a meth kit, you have no access to higher octane fuel. Basically, all I'm hearing you tell everyone is, DocVu has been responding and working with you but you are just acting like an entitled brat when he won't contact ProMeth for you.

I have never had an issue with DocVu. He has tuned most of my clients’ cars and all I hear in return is overwhelmingly positive reviews. He has helped one of my clients dial in the random maintenance issues causing tuning issues. He was responding daily until it was sorted out after two brand new sets of o2 sensors. He has helped my other client figure out some low-pressure fuel system issues. He is a great tuner and has amazing customer service. Sounds like you should be bashing ProMeth or the shipping company of your choice.
Preach

Reactions: VasN54

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
The number of 5 or less posts (several 1 or 2 posts) "new members" on this thread is laughable. Ya'll be trolling and no one who lives on this forum is going to trust people with no reputation that show up to wang dang their sweet poontang on a tuner thread.

Maybe we can get back to the question I asked on tuning @lowsonchen so we might actually be able to help you out?

VasN54

Apr 19, 2021
The number of 5 or less posts (several 1 or 2 posts) "new members" on this thread is laughable. Ya'll be trolling and no one who lives on this forum is going to trust people with no reputation that show up to wang dang their sweet poontang on a tuner thread.

Maybe we can get back to the question I asked on tuning @lowsonchen so we might actually be able to help you out?
A couple of posts bc I'm too busy trying to get this ST N54 up and running. All I need are my cam ledges to hurry up from ECS.

Vu has helped me diagnose and fix several issues. Man does good work, very satisfied customer here 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I looked through the photos and information on this case and it looks like OP just wants Vu to pay for his order since Prometh is making it late. Even though Vu only pointed him in that direction. Does that sound logical in any way? OP could have done due diligence and researched the company and alternatives. The tuner isn't the issue here, it's OP.

Reactions: Luluhus

Dcperformanceworks

Sep 4, 2019
GA
dcperformanceworks.com
Ride
08 335xi
Hi, everyone. All the experience is real and can be proven by message/mail/web record.

A. 2/9 get contact w/ DocVu, provide my detail mod list and ask the tunning fee, and Vu reply $350. My goal is 600bhp, about 510 whp ( that’s after lots of research, my setup should be easily to make it ). Vu initially start to introduce prometh and pi meth……
[fig 1-6]

B. From 2/9~ 4/17, I do a lot research again to check if I really have to do PI meth to meet my goal, and my conclusion is “No”. During this period, I also do my maintenance, including brand new index12 injectors, dephi coils, and 2 colder 020gap spark.

C. 4/17 I decides to choose DocVu by most people on FB recommendation. After I paid $350 by paypal, Vu ask to pay more $100 (because he doesn’t notice I’m 17t) + $20 (because I don’t use “gift” function in paypal, actually I don’t have gift function in paypal). But I still choose to accept it just ask him to have a no-meth version for free, and that’s deal.
[fig 7-9]

D. From 4/17 to 5/1, after 5 revisions, Vu said that’s the result of my setup. During the process, I solve my compressor pulley issue. And Vu keep asking prometh and overdrive and 3.5bar(I had it) to more psi. I used virtual dyno and dyno log to check the power curve and simulate the dyno (about 450whp, 650nm), and will do the real dyno.
[fig 10-12]

E. 5/6 have the sad dyno result (blue/red for rev4/5), about 450whp and 650nm. Pretty close to the virtual tools. I ask to more improvement because many guys can easily over 500whp by 17t/93oct/meth, even the stock turbo.
[fig 13]

F. From 5/7 to 5/11, Vu ask to take my own charge pipe meth risk and start more than 20psi tuning. After 5 revision w/ meth% from 70 to 90, still mix cyl misfires. Since Vu try to do that but fail, I made my decision to go prometh as Vu suggestion. And Vu said that w/ prometh I can hit 550whp.
[fig 14]

G. From 5/12 to 5/24, I start to check my orginal snow kit fittable w/ prometh Rodney. Prometh always answer my question quickly after a couple hour. And I ordered the kit on 5/14. Just after my order, I wish to confirm my nozzle spec to them but they disappear. Regardless customer service, phone, email, FB, ig… They just disappear. I also ask for help on FB group, and also have the same case which is cheated by prometh.

[fig 15-18]

H. 5/24 I ask help to Vu calling Prometh to make sure if they are still in business. ( Prometh local biz time in Cal. is my local time 23:30 to 08:00, and I still try several times to call them ). To my big surprise, Vu said prometh usually take a few months to prepare the kit…. WTF, that really make me question about the relationship between Vu and prometh. If that’s long time required to do the preparation, prometh should have statement before order. Even though not, they don’t need to hide…. So by common sense, they are cheating me.
[fig 19]

Till now Prometh still not ship out. Do the sharing to all, hope that will help for those seeking etuner.
Your mod list are as follows:
Fuel : Oct 93 + 70% meth
MOD :
td04 17t, mhd stg2+ 93oct, xhp stg3, 7.5 intercooler, catless dp,2inch inlet/outlet, snow meth, 2 oil cooler, oil recycle can, direct pipe exhaust, 450 walbo lpfp, injen dci, 1step ngk plug, Delhi coil
Your setup can make power. Here are your issues. Intake setup sucks. A lot of ppl don't know this but inlet relocations make a big difference, in spool time, response, as well as power. I also would never recomend charge pipe meth to any of my customers primarily because of cylinder distribution issues. What you will see is with these intake manifols (stock location or forward facing) air takes the path with the least resistance. This mean that cylinders 3 and 4 will run richer than cylinders 1 and 6. This leads to timing issues, afr issues, and sadly.... detonation issues. Tbh if you car isn't properly setup, and based on your logs.... you don't have the octain nor meth distribution to support the power goals you have. Most customers I wouldn't recomend pushing over what stock turbos without direct port meth and or ethonal with pi. As a tuner DR VU has done his job with an improperly setup and fueled vehicle. I've had many upgraded twins cars tuned by him. Never had any issues and they all made great power. Our personal shop car made over 30 psi on a 6972 turbo with little to no timing or fuel issues. The guys has literally tuned some of the fastest n54 cars seen on the streets around the world. His customer service is always top notch and he's easy to deal with. He's one of the only tuners on the platform that will draw the most safe power possible out of your vehicle.for him to stop you at 450 based on your logs he's saving your ass dude. Your timing is all over the damn place. Get a proper setup and try again.
Ethonal
Arm inlet relocations
Vrsf outlets
7-7.5" intercooler
tial blow off valve and charge pipe (7psi spring)
17t
3.5 or 4 bar tmap
Pi or port injected meth 90 -100% (or snow)
Dual 450 pumps
Upgrade fuel lines (external fuel pressure regulator with return and boost refrence)
Upgraded fuel line with 100 micron inline filter
Delete the hpfp filter
Port the fuel rail inlet
Raise the lpfp pressure to 80 to 90 psi using the regulator
Catless dp
Full dual 2.5 or single 4" exhaust
Don't blame a tuner for an improperly setup car. You set the car up right and your tuner will max it out every time. Im honestly tired of great tuners being brought down by newbies that don't understand how this works. Meth by itself doesn't make you power. The entire setup does. A tuner can only give you what the setup will hold. Too much fuel will always be better than too little. 93 is a fuel that I would limit my power on.

Attachments

• 2021-04-30 19_24_05 I8A0S Lowsonchen.17Ts.93+70%meth.Apr.17th.Rev5.mhd (3).csv
    30.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2021-05-11 19_43_54 I8A0S Lowsonchen.17Ts.93+90%meth.May.10th.Rev2.mhd (1).csv
    33.8 KB · Views: 19

Luluhus

Apr 17, 2018
Austin Texas
Ride
2009 335xi coupe
Ok so
Well...he is a dentist after all right? Sounds like you got drilled! Sorry I had to.

While dp meth is nice, you certainly don't need it to get results with meth. A few in the cp do just fine generally. I wonder why he pushed the dp set up so hard knowing it had a few months lead time?

Mistyburgess83 so the money goes into some sketchy stripper's PayPal account? Even his email address is a bit odd...not how I would set up a buisness. Even a side business.

I have only known 1 dentist closely but he is busy and successful. No way would he have a tuning business on the side unless it took basically no time.
Misty is his gf and is dealing with illness. Been dealing with Doc for some years now since I started my build. Always helped me out. Best customer service even when he himself was traveling abroad. This guy in particular... ok so let's say I suggest a burger spot. You don't like the said burger. You get mad and ask me for your money back and then accuse me of being in cahoots with the Burger place. Doesn't make sense. Me and hundreds of other customers have all been treated fairly. Who else is sending you revisions at 12am, and will help with last minute dyno tuning? Not many.

Last edited:

Luluhus

Apr 17, 2018
Austin Texas
Ride
2009 335xi coupe
Hi, everyone. All the experience is real and can be proven by message/mail/web record.

A. 2/9 get contact w/ DocVu, provide my detail mod list and ask the tunning fee, and Vu reply $350. My goal is 600bhp, about 510 whp ( that’s after lots of research, my setup should be easily to make it ). Vu initially start to introduce prometh and pi meth……
[fig 1-6]

B. From 2/9~ 4/17, I do a lot research again to check if I really have to do PI meth to meet my goal, and my conclusion is “No”. During this period, I also do my maintenance, including brand new index12 injectors, dephi coils, and 2 colder 020gap spark.

C. 4/17 I decides to choose DocVu by most people on FB recommendation. After I paid $350 by paypal, Vu ask to pay more $100 (because he doesn’t notice I’m 17t) + $20 (because I don’t use “gift” function in paypal, actually I don’t have gift function in paypal). But I still choose to accept it just ask him to have a no-meth version for free, and that’s deal.
[fig 7-9]

D. From 4/17 to 5/1, after 5 revisions, Vu said that’s the result of my setup. During the process, I solve my compressor pulley issue. And Vu keep asking prometh and overdrive and 3.5bar(I had it) to more psi. I used virtual dyno and dyno log to check the power curve and simulate the dyno (about 450whp, 650nm), and will do the real dyno.
[fig 10-12]

E. 5/6 have the sad dyno result (blue/red for rev4/5), about 450whp and 650nm. Pretty close to the virtual tools. I ask to more improvement because many guys can easily over 500whp by 17t/93oct/meth, even the stock turbo.
[fig 13]

F. From 5/7 to 5/11, Vu ask to take my own charge pipe meth risk and start more than 20psi tuning. After 5 revision w/ meth% from 70 to 90, still mix cyl misfires. Since Vu try to do that but fail, I made my decision to go prometh as Vu suggestion. And Vu said that w/ prometh I can hit 550whp.
[fig 14]

G. From 5/12 to 5/24, I start to check my orginal snow kit fittable w/ prometh Rodney. Prometh always answer my question quickly after a couple hour. And I ordered the kit on 5/14. Just after my order, I wish to confirm my nozzle spec to them but they disappear. Regardless customer service, phone, email, FB, ig… They just disappear. I also ask for help on FB group, and also have the same case which is cheated by prometh.

[fig 15-18]

H. 5/24 I ask help to Vu calling Prometh to make sure if they are still in business. ( Prometh local biz time in Cal. is my local time 23:30 to 08:00, and I still try several times to call them ). To my big surprise, Vu said prometh usually take a few months to prepare the kit…. WTF, that really make me question about the relationship between Vu and prometh. If that’s long time required to do the preparation, prometh should have statement before order. Even though not, they don’t need to hide…. So by common sense, they are cheating me.
[fig 19]

Till now Prometh still not ship out. Do the sharing to all, hope that will help for those seeking etuner.
I'm not seeing the actual issue aside from an impatient brat. What makes you think VU and Prometh are working together? That's your own paranoia. This is why your post got deleted. And honestly any other tuner would stay clear of you after even seeing this. VU has had great customer service with me and others. Me in particular has helped me when he didn't need to and wasn't getting paid to. I was new to the N54 community and didn't know shit. So what you're doing now is slander. Literally slander. Nothing you posted here points to any kind of cheating or sketchy business. You agreed to the prices, you got the results with your limited mods, and quite frankly aren't making bad power. You want to push more? Get better shit.

Luluhus

Apr 17, 2018
Austin Texas
Ride
2009 335xi coupe

[fig 1-6]

[fig 7-9]

[fig 10-12]

[fig 13]

[fig 14]

[fig 15-18]

[fig 19]

Then you got mad because he can't help you get your money back from a company he isn't associated with but just suggested. That's like me telling you about a restaurant, you didn't like it, then get mad at me and want me to make them give you a refund. Make it make sense please.

Luluhus

Apr 17, 2018
Austin Texas
Ride
2009 335xi coupe
My money is on V8bait. He answered every single question and did numerous of revisions without even asking for more money. Although i changed some hardware during the tuning. He s the guy to stick with.
So did Doc Vu for me. He did revisions for me a couple times 12am one time, 3am another time. Always answered questions and made suggestions and if he didn't know 100% he would say so and research it and get back to you.

Luluhus

Apr 17, 2018
Austin Texas
Ride
2009 335xi coupe
Damn. All these new members. Wonder how many will stay once this thread dies
I'm always looking in here for helpful things, but this is thr first time I've ever interacted because this was just plain dumb. Ive been here since 2019 . Shit most of my build is mint because of some of ya'lls builds

Reactions: Dcperformanceworks

Luluhus

Apr 17, 2018
Austin Texas
Ride
2009 335xi coupe

This is ONE of the things that made me literally

This is ONE of the things that made me literally LOL !
Wasn't trying to but glad that made your night 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: SlowE93

trent_cass

Jun 1, 2021
Im a new member to spoolstreet but have been with the N54 platform for awhile. I can easily say that Vu has been hands down the best experience with tuning my car. He has tuned my old single turbod e92 and current 17t turbod e90. On my old car I worked with several different tuners waiting at least a week most the time longer for a revision or reply. Vu always gets back the same day usually within minutes. My current car has done a best of 6.8 @ 105 in the 1/8 and 10.8 @ 131 in the 1/4. With Vu tuning my cars they have been the smoothest running most dialed in compared to any other tunes I have had in the past.

He is always looking out for his customers whether recommending mods, offering help, and also making sure your car is running safe. He tunes my brother and dad as well which both have 335’s. It seems like he’s been trying to help you out but the issue between you and pro meth are between you and them not Doc. I can promise you it’s hard to find another tuner for your car who will help you out as much as Vu will.

Attachments

• A196909C-489D-4B34-83D2-AB4FAC59F940.jpeg
    A196909C-489D-4B34-83D2-AB4FAC59F940.jpeg
    555 KB · Views: 37
  • F71D02A1-8267-4EDF-8BA6-DE7CC3A7F43A.jpeg
    F71D02A1-8267-4EDF-8BA6-DE7CC3A7F43A.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 30
  • C8D98A45-7635-4EA6-A425-03DDB2066BBB.jpeg
    C8D98A45-7635-4EA6-A425-03DDB2066BBB.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 88C0415B-0DF2-4FCD-B4D2-B71022BA63D8.png
    88C0415B-0DF2-4FCD-B4D2-B71022BA63D8.png