Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Regardless of whatever claims there are against you, thanks for sharing.

Every other car community in existence has entire forums dedicated to self-tuning (freeware). Only in BMW world is dme calibration such a unicorn task that no one can do it except some part-time hobbyist tuning cars out of his garage...

That's actually not entirely true.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
This community is literally given the tables needed to tune cars. For free. No one here out of a handful of less have contributed anything to what they are using for free.

But then you (the community) expect the people who actually tak the time to learn and school this stuff to actually sit there and teach you how to use what was given for free?

Even on the forums and in the communities that have a section for self tuning. they are not telling everything like people here ask for. I know because I deal with multiple platforms for years.

People are way too entitled nowadays. you want to tune your car. Do the work. dont complain about people who have. And are damn good at it. Because they arent into sharing everything they have worked for.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
DSM life! haha

Lmao...you know what though. I'm still passively looking for a Clean unmolested Eclipse GSX. still love those cars.

I remember the Apexi from back in my 3000GT days. I haven't heard about that in a good 10 years.

Yes haha, it's been a long time. crazy thing is. People still use them on some cars

Reactions: kayzrx82

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
That's actually not entirely true.

Yes, poorly phrased. I was more trying to rebutt the people exclaiming that anyone looking for information on how to tune their car them-self is just a cheap ass. Many people don't even know where to find where the xdf is hosted. I lost the link a while ago myself.

I added the part about how what OP is doing is just flat out wrong. This is not how you go about helping people using the knowledge you've gained. You don't just go releasing other people's notes and bins on the subject. And, it's not ethical, in my eyes, to go charging people for tunes which are basically just copies of other peoples work that they shared with you. That is completely different than helping someone re-scale a table or something.

No one [should] "except" you to teach them to tune, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to help each other learn how to do it either, right? Big difference. I am responding to the people saying "just go pay a tuner to do it for you" instead of simply linking people to places they can go to learn. How are those people helping anyone? Well they do help you I suppose lol (no offense).

"This community is literally given the tables needed to tune cars. For free."

Yes, and if the answer that people always get when they ask for those tables is "just pay someone to do it for you" then where is that ever going to get us? That's my point.

Last edited:

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT
Thanks for sharing.

Self tuned mine and a few friends cars after seeing the disasters after some "tooners" we're messing up people's cars back a few years ago.

I haven't opened up any of the bins but am curious if the cold start tables have been defined yet? We have trouble cold staring e85 cars up here when it's freezing.

9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
Lmao...you know what though. I'm still passively looking for a Clean unmolested Eclipse GSX. still love those cars.

Yes haha, it's been a long time. crazy thing is. People still use them on some cars

Dude, when I first entered the service I sold my Z28 and bought a new 93' white GSX, I should have never sold that car but it was way too much for an E3 salary, lol. My best friend at the time had a same color Talon TSI and we used to cruise Virginia Beach beating up on 5.0's.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Thanks for sharing.

Self tuned mine and a few friends cars after seeing the disasters after some "tooners" we're messing up people's cars back a few years ago.

I haven't opened up any of the bins but am curious if the cold start tables have been defined yet? We have trouble cold staring e85 cars up here when it's freezing.

Cold start has been defined yes

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Flat out just releasing someone elses personal notes on the subject without putting it into your own words is plagiarism.
Sorry - I'm going to be a bit picky on this comment. It's not plagiarism - you're too kind. Plagiarism is taking the written word of someone else (most always public) and using it without giving credit, treating it as one's own words. Stealing seem to be a better word.

Filippo

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
APEXi Super AFC NEO w/ innovate motorsports wide band 02 sensor and gauge ftw. Not really ftw but they worked and I had to use them too.

This platform has free flashing software and people can self tune and have been for years. Almost everything is public knowledge is it not? This is all because it was STOLEN mind you.

Nothing is stopping anyone from tuning anyone's car costing you $0. Assuming you have an ODB2 cable.

I think the reason there is less self tuning on this platform is because MHD is so god damn user friendly and lifetime custom tunes are such small money. Want to tune for free? Go for it. Want to spend a few hundos for piece of mind, then do that. Most prefer the latter.

@doublespaces already made the https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/forums/advanced-tuning-coding.38/ section. Post in there to your hearts content. Get some stickies made. This thread should probably be in there anyways...

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Thanks, I'll have to download the latest definition file.

I would stick to our official github repo for all xdfs, as you know they have been well vetted and verified. Fuel (start) is in all of them, and you also need to adjust warm-up enrichment (for post-start AFR's before closed loop kicks in). This table was not ported over to the regular XDFs, but you can grab the XML of it from the flex fuel XDF. Just make sure to grab the (main) one and not the (E85) one as that obviously will not work on a non-FF bin :)

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
So there is an online course from Australia called HP Academy. Looks promising. I would take it just to be able to speak in "non-retard mode" to my future tuners. That way we are on the same page when tuning.

Reactions: kayzrx82