Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Full E85 and all the parts to do it right(I think): https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264348&page=3 just scroll to the bottom of the page.

Time to run some big boy boost and pop the block ;)

I can only get E85 at two stations in MA and one 1 of those two has good quality E85. So I have two 15 gallon fuel tanks to make it a bit less of a hassle.
Lets aim to keep the rods in the block. 😂 OOO fancy parts, just a thought wasn't there a issue with the PR top hat, where people were emptying one side of the tank, as it wouldn't move fuel over from the driver to the passenger side.

• Informative
Reactions: SlowE93

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
What's the plus up on top speed, with the chrome-slicked front plate cover?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
just a thought wasn't there a issue with the PR top hat, where people were emptying one side of the tank, as it wouldn't move fuel over from the driver to the passenger side.

Yes, from my understanding while you are cruising it is not going to move fuel over to the passenger side of the tank. This is because it only moves fuel over when the PR FPR is actually bleeding fuel off. So at Idle or cruising it will not be bleeding off fuel. Once you 'step on it' it then starts sucking fuel over to the passenger side tank again as the FPR is doing it's job keeping a steady 72psi. At least this is my limited understanding. I am hoping my fuel gauge in the passenger tank will tell me when it is getting low...I also wonder if I can just set 1 pump with my BMP4 to always be 'bleeding off' fuel. Like set it so it is always making 76psi and the FPR is set at 72PSI for instance. I am not sure if BMP4 can do this, but if any fuel pump controller can this is likely the one. I have yet to play with their software. Given how little I drive the car I don't think I am too worried about wearing out the pump.

I kept the PR driver's side top hat for a couple of reasons:

1) It removes the inherent restriction in the fuel filter which they claim is good for 15% more fuel
2) It comes with a vacuum set FPR. I need a FPR for my injectors to inject 'correctly' as 30 psi of boost needs to be accounted for, for instance.
3) Easy to hook up to my new larger fuel line

IF any of it becomes a problem I will set the FPR in the driver's side hat to bypass mode and then install a FPR in the engine bay and run a return back to the passenger side bucket. At that point I would probably do a number of things differently in the fuel system...honestly at this point I would probably do things slightly differently but I have all the parts so I am going to install them and see what I end up with.

People make 700+ whp with much less fueling modifications. Many don't even run a return and dead head it. My hope is this set up works for my needs. If not, time to dump in more money.

Last edited: