Who wants head for Valentines?

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I am using the Helix overdrive. I just got the PFS rail, high pressure line and phenolic gaskets for the rail. I'll add those items and then find a new tuner for an e85 map.
The helix isn't ideal for full e85 its better suited to e60 or 50 blends from my experience with it

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
In theory, cant get safer if your running fuel pressure to low. Also the harder you run the helix your more prone to cracking the vaccum pump.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I thought the return on running much past E50 was rather diminishing?
there are scientific papers showcasing that E60 is the sweet spot.
But in reality there are ppl running E100 especially in really high HP applications.
Where is the truth? I guess for street cars E60 is just fine.

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
The helix isn't ideal for full e85 its better suited to e60 or 50 blends from my experience with it

I had no issues running full e85 with the Helix when my head was stock: https://datazap.me/u/rnmevo9/rev-3?log=0&data=3-22

I know that the car definitely will require more fueling due to the increased flow of the head, so I will wait and see how it does and talk with my new tuner when I get around to it.

jzx_andy

Corporal
May 22, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 E92 335i 6MT
I keep the results for paying customers, think what you like but I'm done dealing with trolls & that's why most vendors stopped
or have very little to do with forums because of people like him.

I'm not for the idea of parting with time/money on products and services where highly relevant and critical information is gatekept by vendors purely to avoid trolls. I like to make somewhat considered purchases. I hope you can change your position on this, as it would actually add valueto the broader discussion of N54 head porting/modification in this thread.

My experience with vendors (particularly those on this forum) has been very positive as of late. A lot have gone out of their way to publish information in a detailed manner which is commendable in my view. I am glad that shit tier vendors have chosen to stay silent on here and/or have their customer-vendor shit slagging contests on Facebook and Instagram. It is better than a vendor who spits out vague conclusions without context or evidence.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
there are scientific papers showcasing that E60 is the sweet spot.
But in reality there are ppl running E100 especially in really high HP applications.
Where is the truth? I guess for street cars E60 is just fine.

as cylinder pressures and temperatures rise, more fuel for the same power equals cooler cylinder temperatures. so adding ethanol increases the volume of fuel and total cooling, just as swapping the hole thing to methanol does on very high hp applications. so every application has its own "sweet spot".

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and wheela