Corporal
Nov 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
ORDER LINK
https://www.n54tuning.com/n54-f-rb-turbocharger-kit.html

Use5.500.jpg

Description
WHP Level supported (with proper fuel, upgrades, and tuning) Stock-850WHP

VTT is proud to announce an All-new VTT GC redesign for 2021! The latest in our line of N54 VTT “GC” turbochargers. The GC “F-RB” or Full-Rebrand.

This is an all-new take on the VTT N54 “GC” turbocharger, using 100% new parts throughout that is pure performance. Some of the new groundbreaking features include: All turbine side parts are now fully cast from 310 Stainless Steel for increased temperature resistance, and ultimate corrosion resistance. We also fully redesigned the turbine housing -the F-RB’s have a much larger volute as well as a proprietary AR which will dramatically increase flow capacity, helping to eliminate stress on the turbine wheel. Fully redesigned compressor housings which now include V-band OR Hose Barb connection options (while our current stock of hose barb connections last). The CHRA’s are redesigned with new compressor wheels, bullet nuts, and better internal parts. These are new turbochargers from the compressor housing to the bearing housing, to the turbine housing. We engineered them to fit in the stock N54 location but provide the full flow of a much larger turbo -the F-RB’s outflow the GCV2.0’s by a significant margin.

With this all-new design, there is no other 850WHP capable turbocharger option on the market single or twins that can match the spool, ease of fitment, power, reliability, OR price of our GC “F-RB” turbochargers!

GC F-RB turbocharger Features:

Turbine housing cast from 310 Stainless Steel for the ultimate in temperature and corrosion resistance
Turbine Manifold cast from 310 Stainless Steel for the ultimate in temperature and corrosion resistance
Redesigned Turbine housing with an increased volute and AR size for improved flow over V2 GC’s
Mar-M246: Every set of F-RB Turbochargers comes with a Mar-M26 Superalloy turbine wheel for unmatched durability
Re-designed compressor housings with the choice of V-Band or Hose Barb
Upgraded Internals: Every set of stage F-RB turbos comes with a performance upgraded thrust, as well as upgraded internals to extend the life of the turbochargers.
Anodized 9 blade “Hi-Flow” Billet Compressor wheels are used to maximize flow per shaft revolution and help eliminate surge
We also offer 2000 degree ceramic coating for the ultimate in under hood heat reduction, and to help aid in spool! Please choose from the options if you want your turbo coated!
All sizes utilize the same 52x46mm turbine wheel for increased flow
The “GC” F-RB comes in 3 sizes to meet all Power/Spool needs.

F-RB+ 63x46mm Anodized Gold – 10-15% flow increase over Standard Billet GC Wheel Rated at 850WHP – Very good spool
F-RB – 58x46mm Black Anodized wheel Rated at 800WHP – Slightly better spool than the GC+
F-RB Lite – 58×43.3MM Purple Anodized Rated at 750WHP – Very close to stock spool
With this new design comes new pricing, while we have made many changes to improve the design, capabilities, and reliability of the GC line up, we have now LOWERED the price.

F-RB Lites – $2499

F-RB’s – $2799

F-RB + $2999

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Are these the same as the new DAW turbos? Manifolds look the same and do not appear to be exclusive.
But who copied who first? Probably daw they can't come up with nothing original but just say they make more power than any other twins with no dyno evidence

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

blacke92335i

Apr 2, 2021
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!

I will be honest i’m new to the n54 scene and knew nothing about Vargas reputation with bad turbos seen a couple bad reviews online that’s about it didn’t put too much thought into it. Well they are a hoax these turbos are too good to be true! switched from stock turbos boosting fine at 23psi full e85 to VTT FRB Lite purple wheel 750hp & mine blew 100 miles in during my first WOT only at 24 psi low wgdc! Oil all over the back of my car white smoke everywhere like a hellcat was doing a burnout. i done everything preventing wise to make sure this wouldn’t happen, babied the car, small pulls it was pulling hard, logs looked superior and made sure temps were up before going into boost. Maybe 100 miles isn’t long enough to break these turbos in? And yes i made a profile for this so u guys can see what i’m experiencing. i’m very frustrated with my car sitting in the driveway leaking oil thru my downpipes/exhaust and i refuse going back stock turbos after paying for these new turbos & labor. Will be checking what exactly caused my turbo failure when i swap them for a new brand i do not trust putting vtt turbos back into my car risking damaging other components.
In all i hope u guys learn from my mistake and realize you have a better chance with some $950 china turbos from ebay LOL

Last edited:

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!

I will be honest i’m new to the n54 scene and knew nothing about Vargas reputation with bad turbos seen a couple bad reviews online that’s about it didn’t put too much thought into it. Well they are a hoax these turbos are too good to be true! switched from stock turbos boosting fine at 23psi full e85 to VTT FRB Lite purple wheel 750hp & mine blew 100 miles in during my first WOT only at 24 psi low wgdc! Oil all over the back of my car white smoke everywhere like a hellcat was doing a burnout. i done everything preventing wise to make sure this wouldn’t happen, babied the car, small pulls it was pulling hard, logs looked superior and made sure temps were up before going into boost. Maybe 100 miles isn’t long enough to break these turbos in? And yes i made a profile for this so u guys can see what i’m experiencing. coincidentally the price of these turbos went from $2499 to $2100 as well 🤔. i have all the supporting mods fbo, port, 3.5 exhaust, bov with 1/4 adapter, pcv vta, etc. car has 75k miles and maintenance is very well kept up no oil leaks. i’m very frustrated with my car sitting in the driveway leaking oil thru my downpipes/exhaust and i refuse going back stock turbos after paying for these new turbos & labor. Will be checking what exactly caused my turbo failure when i swap them for new ones. I emailed Tony at VTT about my warranty and he said some of these have bad billet nuts😱 and said i can send them in and get new ones the next day. Who the hell sells turbos knowing they have bad billet nuts? hopefully he’s telling whoever else ordered these turbos before it’s too late! Customer service was great from them, fast email responses i have nothing against VTT but, to be honest they can’t make good n54 turbos no matter how many new ones they come up with LOL if this post ruins my warranty i honestly don’t care. These turbos have no resell value as the price went down $400 and they have a bad rep for the n54 scene. Anyways i already have a new set of twins from a different brand coming in and i do not trust putting vtt turbos back into my car risking damaging other components. if anything i’ll just fully rebuild them using the same big 19t A/R these have because i do not trust VTTs compressor wheels etc.
In all i hope u guys learn from my mistake and realize you have a better chance with some $850 china turbos from ebay LOL
That sucks, BTW, turbos (at least PS2 ), There is NO break in period required.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Sorry to hear that, but one set out of dozens sold doesn't mean these are bad.

I've seen blown off or leaking boost pipes damage turbos from overspinning and debris going through the oil lines cause premature failure on other cars.

Pointing fingers without a teardown and inspection your jumping the gun here, a full inspection might reveal you might have had an underlying issue.

I've seen many turbo failures across many brands and not limited to one.

I've seen many of these Chinese turbos and they lasted 5 min and one certain customer here in oz is on his 5th set in 15k LOL.

If you want a totally reliable turbo go single but expect a trade off in one way or another.

Posting a failure all over the internet across just about every forum and facebook without having in properly diagnosed what are you trying to achieve ?

I know if I was turbo manufacturer I'd just tell you to get fucked because you didn't give me a chance to make it right.

If these went bad bad luck let the manufacturer make good on the warranty before this type of drama theatrics.

Last edited:

blacke92335i

Apr 2, 2021
Sorry to hear that, but one set out of dozens sold doesn't mean these are bad.

I've seen blown off or leaking boost pipes damage turbos from overspinning and debris going through the oil lines cause premature failure on other cars.

Pointing fingers without a teardown and inspection your jumping the gun here, a full inspection might reveal you might have had an underlying issue.

I've seen many turbo failures across many brands and not limited to one.

I've seen many of these Chinese turbos and they lasted 5 min and one certain customer here in oz is on his 5th set in 15k LOL.

If you want a totally reliable turbo go single but expect a trade off in one way or another.

Posting a failure all over the internet across just about every forum and facebook without having in properly diagnosed what are you trying to achieve ?
you’re right i shouldn’t say anything until i strip the car and inspect the turbos but there’s a facebook group chat for n54 upgraded turbos and there’s too many people to count running ebay 17ts and 19ts with 10k+miles. i wouldn’t have even been upset if i at least got to enjoy my vtt turbos for a couple thousand miles but these didn’t even last one full pull! professionally installed with all the supporting mods and i made sure i did everything right to prevent this. so i know for a fact it’s not on my end. give me a week or two when i strip the car and i will keep u guys updated

Last edited:
Reactions: martymil

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Just FYI how do you know the installer didn't make a mistake, first hand I seen this happen on a mates car.

The mechanic does not have a job there anymore as he made to many of them.

This is not a good way to start a relationship with your turbo supplier.

I personally have the new gc+ which I'm installing on my race car and I know these wont fail due to an install error as I'll be doing everything myself and done enough of these to know what to look out for.

Who installed these ?

I'm not saying these didn't go bad but to early to tell who made the mistake or something didn't go through the turbo.

blacke92335i

Apr 2, 2021
Just FYI how do you know the installer didn't make a mistake, first hand I seen this happen on a mates car.

The mechanic does not have a job there anymore as he made to many of them.

This is not a good way to start a relationship with your turbo supplier.

I personally have the new gc+ which I'm installing on my race car and I know these wont fail due to an install error as I'll be doing everything myself and done enough of these to know what to look out for.

Who installed these ?

I'm not saying these didn't go bad but to early to tell who made the mistake or something didn't go through the turbo.
a bmw dedicated indy shop. they were fine spooling great, boost was on target, logs were good doc vu is my tuner. tony himself even said through email that some of the frbs have bad billet nuts

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Without a full inspection ???????????????

So who was the shop ? your quick to name vtt without one.

blacke92335i

Apr 2, 2021
Without a full inspection ???????????????

So who was the shop ? your quick to name vtt without one.
FM auto service, also these turbos been out for a while and no one else has them? not even the other colored wheels and they lowered the price $400

Last edited:
Reactions: martymil

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Let me just say I had a friend rub a hole in his silicone charge hose and his 19ts are still chugging hard so. I'm religious about him using valvoline vr1 20w50 so that may help a bit

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Got a set of these F-Rb's on my old engine and will be reporting on their longevity and performance.

I won't hold back if any issues arise.

Total transparency for you guys.

Ask any questions you like regarding these turbos.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
So the turbos are chugging along nicely @21psi and wgdc around 50%

1500 mile or 2500km done of real hard driving and holding.

Need to get a tune revision to clean it up a bit do to slight over boosting.