2023 Upgraded Twin Turbo options for N54

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I’ve had buddy’s running on eBay 19ts for a while 3+ years on 26psi some about a year on 28 rn I’ve seen 30psi out of these if you want big numbers VTT GC turbos have been world record twins 21psi over 700whp and over 800 at 25psi and the record for these is like 29 psi so if that doesn’t tell you they can make power with small amounts of boost I don’t know what will these engines were fully built as well but even then they sit on a record for a reason
Please sober up then reply

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
I’ve had buddy’s running on eBay 19ts for a while 3+ years on 26psi some about a year on 28 rn I’ve seen 30psi out of these if you want big numbers VTT GC turbos have been world record twins 21psi over 700whp and over 800 at 25psi and the record for these is like 29 psi so if that doesn’t tell you they can make power with small amounts of boost I don’t know what will these engines were fully built as well but even then they sit on a record for a reason

3jtt6t.jpg

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Go on facebook, ask about VTT in any n54 group etc. Then get back to me ;)

#dumpsterfire

Zelderlee

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Ride
2010 bmw 335i xdrive
The VTT marketing worked. Amazing.

I should sell my 6466 it does not make 700whp at 21psi. WTF!!!
Yes it does lol on a full built engine im not talking stock and no fueling upgrades https://bmwtuning.co/7-fastest-n54s/ mod list and all

Fastest N54 Twin-Turbo Mod List:​

Closed deck 9.5:1 compression N54 short block, forged rods, forged pistons
Fully Ported head with oversized intake valves, Manley springs, Ti Retainer, Stock cams
VTT GC turbochargers
Custom VTT inlets with 6″ velocity stacks
VTT Double Barrel HPFP system
EOS V2 intake manifold with top PI
ADE 1100WHP FMIC
Custom triple Walbro LPFP set up with Radium Surge tank
MHD tuner tuned by V8BAIT
100% E85

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Most guys will blame turbos for their shitty installs or what ever they did to stuff them up.

Eg they blow a hose off and still drive around over spinning their turbos and blame the manufacturer.

So take opinions and disgruntled owners with a grain of salt and then there is the haters that got an axe to grind for what ever reason.

When you run a turbo on its ragged edge it doesn't take much for it to let go when things go wrong.

I've seen every brand of turbo crap out from every manufacturer even garret.

Our first 3584 RS shit the bed at around 5k but the good thing is you can get a core for cheap.

My personal VTT FRB + are getting on to 2 years and still running strong but I'm only running 21psi because of massive traction issues.

Its not always about how much boost you can run but how much volume of air the turbos can move and then how efficient your engine is.

Eg like running cams and a ported head will net you more power with less boost making your turbos last longer.

What ever turbos you decide to use running big boost will see their lifespan shortened especially with twins.

You choose what ever brand you are comfortable with as opinions are 99.9% biased.

Reactions: Zelderlee

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Opinions not facts because the end user will never admit to their mistakes.

99% of failures are due to poor installs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zelderlee

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Opinions not facts because the end user will never admit to their mistakes.

99% of failures are due to poor installs.
Marty I’m really not here to argue with you. Let’s be real companies can improve. Like spool with everything their doing with the B58. But the issue is once your companies reputation is tarnished it’s hard to buy from them again. After all the failed overdrives I’d think twice about buying anything from spool.

Now with VTT they seem to be doing good with the B58 turbos. But as a n54 after everything we saw I couldn’t recommend them

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and wheela

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
No one arguing here, The spool overdrive was a poor design and I called it right from the beginning and got torn to shreds for it until
everything I said came true.

I don't know what they done or if they done to fix it, but i've been running the PFS pod engineering sample before its release and its still
going strong due to being properly designed in the first place and they incorporated some of my ideas I suggested in the spool thread.

I'm not promoting any manufacturer but sharing my experience and left the decision to the OP of what he chooses to run.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I would love to run a top mount but the costs involved and the unreliability of the n54 I would rather move on to the s55 or s58 platform
which will make more power and remain reliable at those levels.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Good stuff 👍 did you get the carbon buckets ?
I'm done trying to extract power from the n54, I got it at the perfect sweet spot of power/reliability of around 600hp and just going to enjoy
showcasing the work done to it at the local shows with the occasional squirt.