2023 Upgraded Twin Turbo options for N54

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
It's a tank and feels like one when you drive it.

I drive heavy vehicles and these things feel every bit as big as a medium size truck just not as high.

When your use to driving e82's and e87 they feel like a barge compared.

M2 comp is more my style but yet to drive one for more than 5 min, need to take one out for a few hrs to get the feel of it.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I'm trying to stay away from the g series now, i can foresee these fancy navigation screens going bad in Australian summers and at 8k plus a pop no thanks but there are other reason as stated before.

I came of evo's before bmw and whilst awd is fast its not much fun and already seen a couple of g series transfer cases fail here in oz.

The F series is more fun and easy to mod.

The only thing I would do to an m2 is stage 2 tune, vtt spline lock, drexler lsd, ohlins coilovers and light weight wheels and Yokohama a052 tyres

Last edited:

Aidan335DCT

Lurker
Aug 19, 2023
anyone manage to get any sort of lifespan out of the chinesium 17/19ts? heard they've improved a bit over the last few years and all the RHD options are hella expensive

Zelderlee

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Ride
2010 bmw 335i xdrive
Marty I’m really not here to argue with you. Let’s be real companies can improve. Like spool with everything their doing with the B58. But the issue is once your companies reputation is tarnished it’s hard to buy from them again. After all the failed overdrives I’d think twice about buying anything from spool.

Now with VTT they seem to be doing good with the B58 turbos. But as a n54 after everything we saw I couldn’t recommend them
So i can agree some company's have higher quality parts.... but unless your talking a wish turbo/parts vs one of these manufactures i can almost guarantee a company doesn't want to ruin there rep and most people with these cars try to do it there selfs because its a budget build.... that alone is a result of half the issues with these cars i've had mine for 5 years and with proper maintenance all done its perfect. not my first build for one of these cars for that matter and i can tell you every single time i've done mods for these i can get away with ebay blow off valves chargepipes downpipes coil packs intercoolers even turbos 17t and 19ts, poor installation has killed more turbos than anything else. I've seen 17t and 19t ebay turbos last longer than brand name turbos, the oil builds up in these turbos it needs to be addressed with higher vacuum in the crank case also a full exhaust dual 3" for twins setup to eliminate back pressure oh yeah and a oil cooler, quailty intakes and outlets thats one thing i wouldn't recomend going cheap on. i've seen intakes collapse from bigger turbos pulling to much air and it destroys the turbos good filters as well. if you do those 4-5 things before you get into high hp you would increase the life of your car and alot of the parts proper care when building a 500+hp car if you dont want to go buy a b58 for 30k with 20-40k miles and through bolt on and a turbo at it and not worry about the small shit but thats 30k im making more hp than a b58 FBO and even upgraded turbo b58s unless your talking a big single kit but even then at 650-700whp on full e85 is not bad for something that ran me around 15k with parts and car cost. so sure buy a b58 for 30k

Zelderlee

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Ride
2010 bmw 335i xdrive
anyone manage to get any sort of lifespan out of the chinesium 17/19ts? heard they've improved a bit over the last few years and all the RHD options are hella expensive
Have had mine 19ts for over a year boosting fine no smoke and BTW the rebuild kits are really cheap if you want a piece of mind but for the price they make good power... most problems are bad seals or people not setting there cars up right for them also always check the waste gates before install like for the little you have to do its worth it.

Reactions: Aidan335DCT

Aidan335DCT

Lurker
Aug 19, 2023
Have had mine 19ts for over a year boosting fine no smoke and BTW the rebuild kits are really cheap if you want a piece of mind but for the price they make good power... most problems are bad seals or people not setting there cars up right for them also always check the waste gates before install like for the little you have to do its worth it.
my worry with them would be having the get them back out of the car due to the labour cost involved, least until my local car club has their ramp working then maybe id be inclined to try DIY it

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

chef423

Lurker
Sep 28, 2023
Id love to buy the Hydras! BUT no link to purchase or website! I emailed Omar earlier, no response. Are they out of business?