MHD update v1.92

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Quote MHD tuning on another site ...

“While most of us are stuck at home, we thought it would be a good time to unlock standing burble for N54 - enjoy

♦ MHD Flasher N54 v1.92 ♦
✓ Added standingstill burble (just reflash your map with burble active). Standstill duration is 1.6s, independent of the comfort/sport durations while moving.
✓ Fixed performance/track coolant target under 27c/80f ambient.
✓ User manual update.”

Still patiently waiting for IOS

Attachments

• mhdflasher.png
    mhdflasher.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Perhaps surprising to some, but many many times more customers ask for features like idle burble compared to other things. It's different on the forums here of course, but that is definitely not the big picture. It only took an hour or two to figure out, and is fitting given world-wide "stay at home" orders. If you don't like it, don't use it.

That said, the more "forum user" type mods (antilag, launch control, full single bank, native 3-port control, etc) are still in the works, but take comparatively way more time and testing. Work on iOS and the new app put a full stop to those for a good year, but they are being resumed. No timelines or ETA though, learned my lesson there :)

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
What exactly changed on the coolant target? Or what was the original issue? I have mine set to race/track and at idle its 226ish and cruising its 180s. Would like for it to run cooler all around not just cooling. Even if it means the fan comes on at idle.

MDORPHN

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Ride
BMW 1M
been asking this for a few years but whilst im waiting at the drags in the staging lanes in the que it would be nice to have an on/off
overide switch in the gauges for the engine fan to go full warp speed just like bms has on the jb4 to bring down iat's and heatsoak

As I'm sure you know, the DME-controlled thermostat and pump speed also need to be altered.

Neil

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
been asking this for a few years but whilst im waiting at the drags in the staging lanes in the que it would be nice to have an on/off
overide switch in the gauges for the engine fan to go full warp speed just like bms has on the jb4 to bring down iat's and heatsoak

This is a pretty good idea. Just max fan speed? Or stat and pump changes like @MDORPHN mentioned as well?

Very true. I am thankful for the amount of work that goes into all of this discovery, testing, releasing. It is not a small task. What can help with any of the work? I've made my MHD purchases and helped donate for other discoveries but not sure what else to do? I am thankful for any and all releases, but burble is not exciting to me. :p

I will ask for specific testers when needed, but other than that, nothing right now. The new Android and iOS apps were very large time sinks, finally nearing the end. I am full time with MHD now as well, so we will try to crank things out even faster.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
If you can make this fan switch for it to go full blast I'm willing to donate some money towards it as it's a long overdue feature

I like to run my engine oil hot and my iat's low as I found this is the best combo at the drags to run consistently and cleanly, water and oil temps aren't an issue for me in our summers as I have that under control with bigger radiators and oil cooler mods

There is just no room for More fans and over riding the factory 850watt fan would solve heatsoak instantly.

Thanks for looking into this especially on the Ikmos ecu if you can

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Isn't that against your 1st amendment, in our case free speech

No. This is a private institution and members are subject to whatever rules are put forth by administrators as long as the TOS is updated. If "they", read: the party in question - don't agree they are "free" to decline and go elsewhere.

The first amendment in the bill of rights (US) isn't limitless. It does not protect threats, obscenity, inciting lawlessness or reaction, any commercial actions, etc etc etc. To summarize, no.

Reactions: veer90

bantam

Corporal
Nov 20, 2017
Ride
2009 335i
Fan override toggle in app or way to hook up a button would be awesome for staging lanes or Dyno, would pay. RSL already figured out the parameters to manipulate the fan directly and even located an IAT based fan table as well. Message me if you think any of that info would make your life easier.

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i
Manual fan switch is something that has been done for years on other platforms. Surprised nobody has done it yet on an N54

Reactions: typedRew