Announcement Thank you for making these 2 years so successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR@FCPEuro

Site Sponsor
Nov 5, 2018
Seymour, CT
fcpeuro.com
Ride
E46 330i & MK2 Scirocco
I'm all for them posting here, but wouldn't that be the antithesis of their whole "sponsor a FB group" rather than a forum? Believe me, I much prefer a forum to FB so I'm not complaining, just trying to understand their and your goals.

We're both on forums and FB groups but we're experimenting more with Facebook because we've already experimented with forums in the past and Facebook offers more convenient conversion paths for customers. With that being said, Tyler invited me to be apart of SpoolStreet and I felt that interacting with you all here as well would give me a better chance to learn how we better our product offerings, DIYs, and business in general to better serve you guys. As well as just being apart of the N5X community (because I have a lowly M54 in my car lol).

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
@doublespaces, you said, "Here is a very short list:" ... I'm assuming (unless I missed something in your note) that these things are now live. If so, pointers? Where do we go to configure? (I dug all around but had little luck)

Filippo

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
We're both on forums and FB groups but we're experimenting more with Facebook because we've already experimented with forums in the past and Facebook offers more convenient conversion paths for customers. With that being said, Tyler invited me to be apart of SpoolStreet and I felt that interacting with you all here as well would give me a better chance to learn how we better our product offerings, DIYs, and business in general to better serve you guys. As well as just being apart of the N5X community (because I have a lowly M54 in my car lol).
I've literally bought thousands of parts from you guys. You are my one-stop shop. Only once did a receive a wrong package (a customer got mine, I got theirs). We had a big laugh over it. Ya'll rock. I've rebuilt two M54 cars with parts from FCP Euro. I understand the M54 was the last motor that Paul Rosche had a hand in designing. Not lowly at all!

Cathedral and Bazaar - Spoolstreet forum is a more elevated in my opinion. Less stream of conscious, more people working to dig in deep, figure things out, et cetera. The Facebook "wall" approach is more bazaar. One may walk by a conversation, or not. Likely it will be a short conversation, then dissipate as people go about their business. On this forum you may find more people that influence other people. DIY projects are well represented here. Hope you get value out of being here. We will certainly get value from your participation. Welcome!

Filippo

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
@doublespaces, you said, "Here is a very short list:" ... I'm assuming (unless I missed something in your note) that these things are now live. If so, pointers? Where do we go to configure? (I dug all around but had little luck)

Filippo

No visible changes or software updates as of yet. When it gets updated you'll definitely know it.

Reactions: fmorelli

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

You guys rock. My friends and I buy all of our parts that we can from you. ECS is trash, Turner is no longer. It's you and BavAuto left it seems.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i

Definitely try and make it work here. Facebook has nothing I want. Same with my 2 BMW owning sons, BMW/Porsche owning mate, 3 Audi owning neighbor, and so on.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Love the new look but one thing is the stickies should really be boxed off or something like used to. Makes way easier to scan new threads

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Love the new look but one thing is the stickies should really be boxed off or something like used to. Makes way easier to scan new threads
Thanks for the feedback. Currently sticky threads have a red border on the left side. But I will look into making it more clear like before. A few other fish to fry however as there is a LOT left to do.

As for finding new threads, I highly recommed the "New Posts" feature. Try exploring the What's New area and the sub-navigation options.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Okay, I've made this change, let me know what you think. I've also reverted back to the default theme since you guys might find it more familiar.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Gotta say I’m not a big fan of the new layout. Way to busy imo and threads with new posts don’t stand out at all from already viewed ones. Also not digging the fact that I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to go to the next pages. Love that you’re constantly working on making things better though.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Gotta say I’m not a big fan of the new layout. Way to busy imo and threads with new posts don’t stand out at all from already viewed ones. Also not digging the fact that I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to go to the next pages. Love that you’re constantly working on making things better though.

Hello,

I welcome ALL feedback particularly bad feedback since I can fix most things.
  • When you say too busy, which pages specifically or which elements are you referring to? There are a few things I can do to calm it down and I was thinking the same thing.
  • Are you referring to thread pages on mobile which require you to scroll down to go to the next page? Some pagination options can be added to the top I'm sure.
  • Making read posts appear 'dimmer' is trivial and will be doing that next. Just one of those things I haven't gotten to.
Please let me know if you have any other feedback.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Tyler, maybe a pinned thread for forum upgrade feedback for a few weeks might be helpful.

Filippo

Reactions: doublespaces

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Hello,

I welcome ALL feedback particularly bad feedback since I can fix most things.
  • When you say too busy, which pages specifically or which elements are you referring to? There are a few things I can do to calm it down and I was thinking the same thing.
  • Are you referring to thread pages on mobile which require you to scroll down to go to the next page? Some pagination options can be added to the top I'm sure.
  • Making read posts appear 'dimmer' is trivial and will be doing that next. Just one of those things I haven't gotten to.
Please let me know if you have any other feedback.

I guess it’s feeling a little less busy as I see the colors, font, and post breaks more and more.

You nailed it on mobile pages.

Awesomsauce on dimming.

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: doublespaces
Status
Not open for further replies.