ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
I need everyone who is a committed buyer to check the list and make sure that;
1) you are on the list and,
2) your specific order is known and listed, so post your order if it's not on the list e.g. "Single unit, full bolted, full welded". List your gear ratio just cuz,,, AND:
3) ALSO list any extra things that you want, such as a gear ratio change (i.e. 3.08 to 3.46), anything you see and or want off the website e.g. Extra parts for diff, bearings etc...

Thanks guys cheers!

Last edited:

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Are they doing any deals with the full pumpkin + install at their facility?
I'm not too far from them so if they do installs I could also avoid the core exchange.
They do not do installs at their shop aside from how they already are doing them

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Why would I pick welded over bolted?

You'll never get a welded diff in return, you don't want that anyway. The reason it costs more, is if you car comes with a welded differential from the factory. This means they have to machine the unit and make it a bolted unit so the after market lsd may be install. That extra work costs money and is the only reason it costs more, one is not inherently stronger than the other based on it being bolted or otherwise. There are two size pumpkins, a 215mm and a 188mm. The manals are all 215, the autos are all 188, except early build automatics up to august of 2007. There is not much information on which is better, and converting would require a new drive shaft, trans mounts and maybe more. I already looked into it and its just a pain in the ass for an unknown benefit. The one good thing about the big pumpkin, is you can use the 650i finned rear differential cover. There is a chart earlier in this thread to tell you which type your car has. If you are automatic, you'll be bolted. If you are manual, you'll be welded unless you have a very early build car. They hold the same power, I think they are rated at 1000hp but you'll have to double check that.

mrbillytalent

Apr 11, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6spd
I am interested in this pending a ship date, do we foresee this shipping out in say... the next month?

Last edited:

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
I am interested in this pending a ship date, do we foresee this shipping out in say... the next month?
doubtful, as the turn around was expected at 4-6 weeks, but we might be taking a slightly more direct route with the distribution but we will see what they say... good chance shipping will also be free including core return... i cannot confirm nor deny that at this point in time... but it may end up being alittle cheaper for all of us

Reactions: Mikeh1989

Pete335

Nov 6, 2016
Long Island
doubtful, as the turn around was expected at 4-6 weeks, but we might be taking a slightly more direct route with the distribution but we will see what they say... good chance shipping will also be free including core return... i cannot confirm nor deny that at this point in time... but it may end up being alittle cheaper for all of us

Does the 4-6 week shipping time apply to people who buy just the unit itself?

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
How much can the bolt diff hold?
plenty... all the diffs ANYONE AND EVERYONE is getting back will be bolted... doublespaces bought a large carrier (core) from another person just so he can swap it in for a large case carrier... gonna require a new driveshaft at a minimum tho...

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
let say if i buy E92 3.08 (07+ MT) LSD & Master Kit Differential Assembly which costs 2699.95$

15% off full pumpkins... so the final price will be 2295$ + 500$ core?

how much for shipping?

i am trying to make sense of all the math here...sorry

E.g. $1999 LSD fully built for $1699 after core refund of 500$ <-- 1999-1699=300....