N54 JMC Single Turbo Manifold *LAST 5 KITS AT OLD PRICES*

jmctuning

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
Cyprus
jmctuning.com
Ride
e92 335i N54
Welcome to my post. I’d like to introduce our new JMC Tuning Single Turbo Kit for the N54 platform.

72zh25jlc9M2k5P8UX7MWpqgUHRgK0nVWnA3A0-rkmOhCZZerw.jpg

KRvABILc_gOCZU-EClo5UaNawLHBBnHeyiMZ6yXRqR1_m_Gl6w.jpg

https://jmctuning.com

We have spent the last two years developing the kit with the intention to create a specific kind of solution to turbocharging the N54 engine.

My personal 335i N54 6AT was to become our development car and so we set out on this journey

Our specifications had to follow a design spec based on calculations, to operate with the standard N54 engine head and cylinders.

Our Design specs

• Each primary manifold header tube to be a specific diameter and length from valve to collector
  • Secondary tubes to turbo to be a specific length
  • Each header both primary and secondary to be of Equal length (within +/- 5mm)
  • Tube diameter vs length was also factored into our calculations
  • Our design also needed to be of a very high quality, so we decided early on that all parts where to be CNC machined.
  • Twin wastegates for the TiAL MVS 38mm style
  • The kit also needed to be as complete as possible, so that the installation would be easy and without any modification to the vehicle. All the small details to be thought out and included during installation
  • The kit also had to be compatible with both RHD and LHD vehicles.
  • To sound like a JDM 6 Cylinder engine

After designing everything with 3D printed plastic placeholders for tubes, we came up with the initial design and started fabrication of the first prototype which was metal but non functional. The prototype had to be chopped and tack welded a few times until we were happy with everything and we could start making our Jigs for mass production.

The first manifold was built based on the prototype. We started the installation into my car. The manifold certainly makes up most of this kit but there were a lot of auxiliaries parts which needed to be fabricated to complete the kit. The time was really spent on the details making sure we had clearance and the solution would be reliable. We fabricated almost everything in house with CNC machining.

The reason we wanted to include so many small parts and details in this kit was not only to make installation quicker, easier and cheaper for you, but also to ensure your kit is as reliable as my car has been.

We haven’t advertised our kit until now because we wanted to put some hard miles on my car and iron out any issues that came up and adjust accordingly.

This phase has passed with flying colors and our testing shows we hit all our goals and more to come

This is a fast spooling single turbo kit with head room to make over 1000whp+

My car is currently dynoed at 630whp with E30 as this was the limit of my transmission. I was getting bad clutch slip on 3 to 4 shifts and didn’t want to break anything.

Since that dyno, I have installed a new transmission ZF8HP70z from the BMW diesel line with a TurboLamik TCU. Soon we’ll be able to push past 750whp to get to our final power goals for this car

I’ve just now switched over to a Reflex ECU and will be tuned by Wedge Performance, so we will share the results of this as we move forwards

We have 10 kits sold to our first customers and one of them being Andrew Ashley (Zero to 60) YouTuber who has installed it on his e92 DCT car.

I’m sure others will make more power than what I’m going for but I opted for a fast spooling street car with the spool of twins, the power of a single and the reliability of a high quality turbo and wastegate setup that will outlast the engine for sure

The Manifold supports a V band style Turbo based on a 30-35 frame size from Garrett. Original Garrett turbo is recommended but others have opted for copies like Pulsar PSR turbo which are significantly cheaper.

My car is running the GTX3582r Gen 2 in a twin scroll v band housing AR1.01. Surprisingly fast spool for its size and doesn’t drop off at all at the top of the rev range. For a stock internal engine this is a great turbo for the manifold. A G35-900 would also be very similar but we haven’t tested this ourselves

So without making this post too long and I’m sure during peoples comments and questions we will add more content to this post, we would like to open up for business and offer you guys this kit for your consideration.

We understand we are not the cheapest but we feel we have done things right and of the highest quality. Our results speak for themselves and hopefully our first few customers can also provide their honest opinions
zPo2gBNg5kG9oQGUMOMCE17r0EI06uEH0UBU43dOPL7NrWo74A.jpg

Features and items in the kit
  • 3-piece Zirconia Ceramic coated turbo manifold designed for the Garrett v band turbos
  • 2x heavy duty Billet CNC machined v band manifold clamps
  • 3-inch one piece downpipe with 3-inch v band flange at both ends with flex section
  • 2x 3-inch V band clamps for downpipe (Exhaust, and Turbo connections)
  • 2x screamer dump pipes designed for the TiAL MVS 38mm wastegates. (These can be recycled into the exhaust system quite easily)
  • Aluminum coolant inlet pipe with AN6 & AN10 male bung fittings to supply coolant to the turbo and transmission (Automatic and DCT Transmission cars)
  • OEM Coolant flange O-ring Part No 11537545302
  • 180 degree rubber U joint hose and 2x jubilee clamps to connect to the OEM water pump
  • 2.5” hot side charge pipe to intercooler with boost reference barb fitting
  • 2.5-inch Silicone hose coupler Black
  • 2x 2.5-inch heavy duty boost hose clamps
  • Coolant supply to turbo line, (AN-6 90-degree / 45-degree fittings to stainless steel braided hose with HT heat shielding)
  • Coolant return line from turbo. (AN-6 Straight / AN-6 Straight fittings to stainless steel braided hose with HT heat shielding)
  • Oil supply line. (AN-4 45-degree / AN-4 90-degree fittings to stainless steel braided hose with HT heat shielding)
  • AN-10 custom Oil Drain Fitting to turbo, Stainless Steel
  • Oil drain gasket
  • Oil drain line. (AN-10 90-degree / AN-10 45-degree fittings to stainless steel braided hose with HT heat shielding)
  • AN-10 Oil Drain fitting to engine block
  • Coolant return fitting adaptor for M14x1.5 banjo bolt with bracket
  • 3x AN-6 Banjo fittings and copper washers
  • 3x M14x1.5 Banjo Bolts
  • Coolant block off adaptor
  • Oil Return block off adaptor
  • Oil supply to turbo fitting with female 1/8 NPT threads
  • AN-4 to 1/8 NPT adaptor for oil feed fitting
  • AN-4 Oil feed restrictor 0.8mm for ball bearing turbos (drill out to 1.2mm for journal bearing turbos)
  • Coolant expansion tank (relocation to right side of engine bay OEM fitment
  • 2m of coolant hose
  • 2x barbed hose couplers
  • 4x Jubilee clamps for coolant hose
  • 2m of wire for coolant tank relocation
  • 2m of wire insulation
  • 3x aluminum spacers for OEM water pump and 3x longer water pump bolts
  • 2m of silicone boost hose for wastegates and MAC solenoid
  • 2x stainless Y fittings for boost hose
  • HKS style air filter with spare filter sponge (choice of colors)
  • 10m of titanium heat wrap
  • Turbo blanket titanium

The smaller items make all the difference during installation. If you’re missing small items during the install it creates delays and more shop hours. We have thought of the small details so you don't have to.

Due to the global economic crisis our materials and consumable costs have increased which is forcing us to increase the price of the kits. However we would like to offer you guys a deal.

We currently have 5 more kits from our original materials purchase. These kits will be offered in a group buy at our current prices to 5 members. Its first come first serve and the kits are available to ship within a few days.

We require full payment of the kit and the DHL delivery charges to secure your place in the group buy. Each kit will only be sold as a complete kit and is priced at 4200 euros plus shipping.

You can communicate with me directly via email or our Facebook page messenger

So I welcome any questions you have and I’ll try and provide as much data as I have available in this forum

Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Any pictures of it installed?

$4,426 USD + shipping + turbo?

Any reason you chose the V band?

I don't think you are going to hit 1000WHP with a V band G35 1050 fwiw, unless you offer other flange options.

Last edited:

jmctuning

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
Cyprus
jmctuning.com
Ride
e92 335i N54

I don't think you are going to hit 1000WHP with a V band G35 1050 fwiw, unless you offer other flange options.

IMG-b7d37d4ebda75f75229e4f3863da6a83-V (1).jpg

What makes you say that we can't hit 1000whp?

We've built many cars over the years and have always made good predictions

Our calculations can take us over this target. I supose we just need to wait for the car to prove it so that our theory is confirmed

Reactions: NoGuru

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Which turbo are you going to use to hit over 1000whp on a dynojet? Just curious.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
We won't be on our shop car as this wasn't our goal, but a US customer will be running a G42-1200 with a larger vband flange option. Same manifold design.

Gotcha. That turbo has a chance to hit 1000whp on an n54 the 1050 is just too small.

Nice looking manifold and great it fits RHD cars. Not a lot of options out there for the RHD crowd.

It looks like you CNC'd the 3:1 collectors?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Nice ... welcome btw ... and this looks to have been a lot of work to develop!

Just curious - there are CNC mandrel benders these days. Does anyone know if header tubes such as these can be fabricated with a CNC mandrel bender? My exhaust was done this way which is what causes me to wonder ... versus chop and welding tubing.

jmctuning

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
Cyprus
jmctuning.com
Ride
e92 335i N54
Gotcha. That turbo has a chance to hit 1000whp on an n54 the 1050 is just too small.

Nice looking manifold and great it fits RHD cars. Not a lot of options out there for the RHD crowd.

Yes the whole manifold is all CNC. The Flanges the v band twin scroll and the collectors. with the GTX3582r it is spooled up at 3.5k rpm. super responsive

jmctuning

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
Cyprus
jmctuning.com
Ride
e92 335i N54
Nice ... welcome btw ... and this looks to have been a lot of work to develop!

Just curious - there are CNC mandrel benders these days. Does anyone know if header tubes such as these can be fabricated with a CNC mandrel bender? My exhaust was done this way which is what causes me to wonder ... versus chop and welding tubing.
CNC mandrel bending has limitations and cannot do continuous change of direction without having straight pieces between bends. We custom cast all our elbows for our production line

Reactions: fmorelli

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Yes the whole manifold is all CNC. The Flanges the v band twin scroll and the collectors. with the GTX3582r it is spooled up at 3.5k rpm. super responsive

Got some pictures you care to share?

jmctuning

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
Cyprus
jmctuning.com
Ride
e92 335i N54

Yep everything is CNC. Flanges, the Clamps holding the manifold together, the twin scroll vband, list goes on