I pushed a 6266... dyno sheet inside

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
View attachment 14952

I finally got my single turbo running right a few days ago. Yesterday the car went back on the dyno, I hooked up my laptop and and sent it. Mod list:
  • Gen2 6266 dbb, Doc Race turbo kit
  • NTK pre-turbo O2 sensors with Innovate Motorsports venturi heat sinks
  • DIY twin 450 LPFP, 15 psi hobbs
  • MMP Gen1 PI (with the infamous chinesium injectors)
  • Precision Raceworks FPR / Return line
  • R8 coils / NGK 97506 @ 0.024"
  • VRSF 7.5" IC and charge pipe
  • Motiv closed deck N54 short block (stock head and cams)
775 WHP / 702 WTQ tuned by me. Custom MHD flash / standalone AIC map / JB4 map 6

View attachment 14953

All pulls were done in 4th gear, we tried getting RPM pickup but it wasn't working. Dyno cell conditions were 94°F and 45% humidity. I planned on advancing timing until MBT but had to stop when my Spec 3+ clutch began slipping mid pull 0__o

View attachment 14954

Much thanks to:
Nice results and kudos for tuning your own. I would ditch those chinesium injectors and work your scalar table, if it were my car I'd target around 12.4 in the mid range and 12.0-1 in the upper range if your fuel pressure holds.

Great job though!

Reactions: veer90

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Definitely not much more left in the turbo, wgdc % was in the 70s up top.

Timing wise there may be more depending how close I am right now to MBT.

Yeah, I made 743whp at 27psi, so I can tell that's the sweet spot. Anything above that and it's starting to blow hot air.

• Informative
Reactions: chadillac2000

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Man that thing is putting down some tq. 700wtq by 4krpm on a Long runner Doc race kit. This is probably the quickest spooling doc race kit I've seen so far. Also the power band is perfect. At least 700whp from 5k-7k rpms. Every shift will land you in the powerband. The only thing I would recommend is upgrading the driveshaft, diff and axles to the m3 or 8.8 variant. At this power level if you don't shift bog you'll snap an axle, twist a driveshaft, or break a pinion on the stock stuff. Furthermore be prepare to switch to 6466 or 6766 in the near future. PTEs aren't known for the their reliability when pushed this hard.

• Informative

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I just noticed those are uncorrected numbers at 95 degrees. Wow - it should've made more on STD or SAE, maybe 15 - 20 WHP more on STD. Did you get STD numbers by chance? With luck you may have crested 800whp.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Just got SAE numbers, 786 / 712

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 155

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I hate when they have different scales for TQ and HP. And I hate when they use speed instead of RPM. That's just dyno operators being lazy.

We tried getting an RPM pickup, it wasn't working for some reason. The curve looked like a seismograph lol

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I hate when they have different scales for TQ and HP. And I hate when they use speed instead of RPM. That's just dyno operators being lazy.

Or unknowledgable. I typically see that at dyno shops that are primarily domestic oriented and don't know how to configure the tach signal, or which wire to use. In Veer's case, it sounds like they may have had a bad wire selection.

The great thing about dynojets is any neanderthal can strap a car down, make a pull and get an accurate result. The worst thing about dynojets is that any neanderthal can strap a car down, make a... You see where it's going.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Or unknowledgable. I typically see that at dyno shops that are primarily domestic oriented and don't know how to configure the tach signal, or which wire to use. In Veer's case, it sounds like they may have had a bad wire selection.

The great thing about dynojets is any neanderthal can strap a car down, make a pull and get an accurate result. The worst thing about dynojets is that any neanderthal can strap a car down, make a... You see where it's going.
Which wire do you tap into? I read #1 white wire on coil pack i thought, but not sure. When we dynod mine we just did tire speed to match rpm.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Which wire do you tap into? I read #1 white wire on coil pack i thought, but not sure. When we dynod mine we just did tire speed to match rpm.

We tried a wire on my bimmerlife coil harness and the factory harness to the triangle connector. Neither worked

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
When I dynoed, the guy clipped the signal thing to the whole bunch of ignition wires. Orange, white, etc.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That is true, winpep9 or whatever doesn't have it. Maybe there are some raw files that we can put into an older version of win pep? Maybe if you get the drf files from them we can do something with it.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
That is true, winpep9 or whatever doesn't have it. Maybe there are some raw files that we can put into an older version of win pep? Maybe if you get the drf files from them we can do something with it.

You could but I don't think it's a meaningful to dissect it to within an inch of its life. To me the uncorrected number is more meaningful since I know the car will still perform in less than ideal conditions.

The SAE corrected number is more meaningful for "how close did we get to the hp rating of the turbo?"

Also my logs aren't that clean, once I add more fuel the power might go down anyways.

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
You could but I don't think it's a meaningful to dissect it to within an inch of its life. To me the uncorrected number is more meaningful since I know the car will still perform in less than ideal conditions.

The SAE corrected number is more meaningful for "how close did we get to the hp rating of the turbo?"

Also my logs aren't that clean, once I add more fuel the power might go down anyways.
Power doesn't move much when making AFR changes as people think. It only becomes apparent at extreme rich or lean conditions. Are you still using the stock vanos tables? You might be able to squeeze some more horsepower out by increasing valve overlap.

• Informative

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Power doesn't move much when making AFR changes as people think. It only becomes apparent at extreme rich or lean conditions. Are you still using the stock vanos tables? You might be able to squeeze some more horsepower out by increasing valve overlap.

I didn't make any VANOS changes, so it's running whatever is in the BEF from BMS, whatever changes they made for single turbo. Thought about playing with it to try for faster spool but we ran out of time.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
I didn't make any VANOS changes, so it's running whatever is in the BEF from BMS, whatever changes they made for single turbo. Thought about playing with it to try for faster spool but we ran out of time.

Is this the TS THR flash? That would be the one with "faster spool" tables.