I finally got my single turbo running right a few days ago. Yesterday the car went back on the dyno, I hooked up my laptop and and sent it. Mod list:
- Gen2 6266 dbb, Doc Race turbo kit
- NTK pre-turbo O2 sensors with Innovate Motorsports venturi heat sinks
- DIY twin 450 LPFP, 15 psi hobbs
- MMP Gen1 PI (with the infamous chinesium injectors)
- Precision Raceworks FPR / Return line
- R8 coils / NGK 97506 @ 0.024"
- VRSF 7.5" IC and charge pipe
- Motiv closed deck N54 short block (stock head and cams)
786 WHP / 712 WTQ (SAE)
Tuned by me (@veer90). Custom MHD flash / standalone AIC map / JB4 map 6. I believe this is the new N54 6266 hp record.
SAE corrected chart:
All pulls were done in 4th gear, we tried getting RPM pickup but it wasn't working. Dyno cell conditions were 94°F and 45% humidity. I planned on advancing timing until MBT but had to stop when my Spec 3+ clutch began slipping mid pull 0__o
Much thanks to:
- @V8bait for advice on setup, troubleshooting, and an excellent tuning guide. Justin was busy so I thought I'd take a stab a tuning the car myself.
- @pcracing for the LPFP DIY help
- @chadillac2000 for the tip on NTK O2 sensors
- @bahn for research on MSD8x ignition timing reported vs. actual https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/ignition-advance-on-e85.3729/page-4#post-52831
- VRSF - no hassle, quality go-fast parts
- Motiv - built engine can take some punishment
- Many friends online / IRL who helped me install stuff and teach me JB4 quirks