Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
All setup for tomorrow. PTE 6266 VM Top mount N55 In for a tune. Let's try and raise the bar for the N55 stock block HP record (currently 650whp).... Going down in the AM!!!

#twistedtuning #n55 #mhdflasher #jb4 #precisionturbo #335i #venturamotorsports #spoolstreet #e90post #n54tech #powerplantmotorsports #pluszeromotorsports

IMG_20170110_191425_621_zpsuvpzbwmr.jpg

Reactions: doublespaces

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Cliff notes for today.....

Spent 6 hours troubleshooting why the port injection wasnt working.

Started off with a Wastegate pull an 19psi on the flash that the other guys made. For a shakedown run. Car was breaking up badly fuel was all over the place. Timing was all over the place.

JB4 wouldn't connect to the cars tablet. So had to use my phone.

Tried a 28psi pass on the tune the car rolled in with. Same thing broke up badly. Fuel all over the place. As well as timing. Wouldn't make it over like 4500-4800rpms.

Flashed my base file. 19psi shakedown. Made it to recline but broke up a bit. aFRs looked better as well as car was producing steady timing. But was still breaking up. HPFP pressure was tanking way low.

Tried another pass just to verify the pressure drop wasn't a fluke. Same thing, but chargepipes blew off.

Car came in with wormclamps holding the the coupler to the throttle body. Changed one to a tbolt.

Made another pass. Other worm clamp blew apart. Hunted for another tbolt. Found one. Now holds boost.

Port injection was turned up to bias more of the fuel demand to it. Still the Hpfp drops pressure and car misfires.

More troubleshooting, test Hobbs switch for second LPFP. Switch is good. Bypass to test pump activation. Pump good.

Few more pulls. JB4 completely loses connection to car mid pull an 28psi.

Spend the next 30 minutes going thru the wiring. Find a couple bad connections. Couple more pulls. PI still not activated. JB4 steering wheel controls stop working.

Find another bad connection. Steering wheel controls Works Now.

PI still seemingly not working. Make a couple calls to Fuel-it amd spoke to Steve. Got the wiring diagram for the Port injection controller. Verified wiring. All correct. Reseated a couple connections to be sure.

Make couple more passes. Still PI not coming on. Reach out to Steve from Fuel-it again.

He mentions something that is very important. The JB4 needs a chip update/upgrade to control the new PI controller apparently for the N55.

This bit ofinformation is unknown in it was done until I get in contact with the owner. Who is in Dubai right now to see if his JB4 has the update. So pretty much all of the 6 hours on the rollers was spent fixing and troubleshooting issues the car rolled in with. To include a power steering leak somewhere. Best broken up pass of the day was 500whp @19psi.

So pretty much got nowhere today.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So, if I need my car fixed on the cheap, I get a tune from you. Got it. That sucks, but I'm sure you'll find some pay dirt, when do you go again?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Long day of issues steming from the JB4 and it's PI controller. Running on our base BEF. PI was not activating through tons of troubleshooting, blown couplers and some wiring issues, I think we've narrowed it down to either a firmware issue with the JB4 or the JB4 needing a chip update to run the new BMS PI controller. SMDH....

Anyway, some people asked for a video, this is the only semi decent one. Was making 500whp on 19psi (Mustang Dyno) before it ran out of fuel and HPFP pressure dropped and resulted in misfires and having to let off. We'll get back to it once the JB4 PI is fixed....

Reactions: Bnks334

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
UPDATE: we had the car scheduled to hit the rollers again today as the updated chip from BMS for the JB4 was supposed to be here on Tuesday. That didn't happen. It got here this afternoon.

Unfortunately I'm this business of the car isn't ready IT gets bumped. So couldn't get her on the dyno today due to having other cars too do.

But did install the chip and updated the firmware On The JB4 and reloaded our custom base BEF via MHD and performed a couple shakedown street pulls on Map 6 at 19psi to verify the PI was working. And it is. Curling and timing looked far better and the throttle was smooth and crisp. No breaking up and etc. Traction was an issue sure to temps outside but car is running great on our BEF.

Next slot for scheduled dyno time is Next Saturday. So tune in then when we unleash the true potential of this 6266 PTE equipped N55. Looking to making it a record breaking day.

Nov 5, 2016
Lake Worth, FL
Good luck, I want to see some N55 power!

FWIW, I've had lots of issues with the bluetooth connectors and app causing strange issues. So much so, that I disconnect them and use my laptop whenever somebody brings me a car with one.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Good luck, I want to see some N55 power!

FWIW, I've had lots of issues with the bluetooth connectors and app causing strange issues. So much so, that I disconnect them and use my laptop whenever somebody brings me a car with one.

yea, i had some issues on the Bluetooth also. Where it wouldn't connect at all, and took rebooting the device or switching devices completely. But i'm looking forward to getting this car back on the rollers just as much as everyone else. and thanks for the well wishes.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
On this project keep in mind there is no posted N55 MAC solenoid firmware. I wrote something up for this car when it was local, but it's not been well tested or developed. Maybe 2 cars have run it so far. If you need help with it you'll want to email me.

If you are having problems with basic things like connecting via phone or laptop to the JB4, then there is probably some underlining cause for that. Bluetooth should work perfect first time every time. The most common mistake I see is people connecting the 12v power on the REV3 to constant +12v (like the JB4 gets from the fuse tap) instead of the switched 5v power wire within the JB4 harness its supposed to be connected to.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Unofficial WR N55 - PTE 6266 Gen2, Twin Scroll Manifold, Fuel-it Port injection and Stage 3 LPFP, MHD Flasher (Tune by Twisted Tuning) and JB4 Stacked for single turbo boost control and Port injection Control.

Mustang Dyno:
612whp, 550wtq @28psi

Dynojet Conversion: (10-15% accepted Conversion)
673whp, 605wtq (10% Dynojet Conversion) @28psi

Will get on a Dynojet when a couple issues are worked out that popped up today.