M3illa

Nov 7, 2022
Hi all,

I've just installed a SLG Ford 8.8 LSD, Axle, solid diff. bushings, and driveshaft setup into my 6MT 135i. This is a dedicated half mile & 60-130 car.

What additional parts should I add to the following list to maximize straight line traction?
- 15 inch rear brake conversion
- 275/50r15 Drag Radials
- Solid Subframe bushings
- Upgraded rear trailing arms (recommendations?)
- Any other rear suspension components - e.g. remaining arms, arm bushings?

Background:
The car has a top mount Speedtech 6466 Gen II kit, all necessary supporting modifications (Reflex+, forward facing manifold w/ port injectors, etc.), and will be rebuilt with forged pistons & rods over the next several weeks.

Thanks in advance

jzx_andy

Corporal
May 22, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 E92 335i 6MT
Jake Spence has a rear end upgrade video on Youtube which documents various control arm and bushing upgrades.

I think his upgrades netted him some good gains on and off the strip, at least before his motor went.

I'm going through a similar process on my E92 335i (essentially uses the same subframe/bushings/control arms as 135i afaik). I'd say have a think about adding the below to your list while you're in there, especially if your car isn't low mileage:

• New rear wheel bearings
  • Replace OEM balljoints on knuckle end of roll over/camber arm links for fresh ones: LEM-3642601 (x2)
  • Replace factory bushings on subframe end of roll over/camber arm links for balljoints - https://www.bimmerworld.com/BimmerWorld-Rear-Camber-Arm-Bearing-Kit.html
  • Replace rear control arms for M3 items, and swap the open bushings on the knuckle-end links of them for balljoints: Lemforder 3067901 (x4). Alternatively, replace oem control arms with aftermarket adjustable arms that have balljoints on both ends.
  • Trailing arm links (subframe ends and knuckle ends) - replace with Lemforder 3067901 ball joints (x4)
  • 1M/M3 rear sway bar setup or aftermarket
  • Adjustable rear sway bar end links
  • Aftermarket adjustable toe arms with balljoints on each end
For shocks, upper/lower shock mounts and alignemnt, I'm not too sure what would be applicable for a straight-line focussed build. However, I went with ST XTA coilovers and Monroe upper and lower shock mounts.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Hi all,

I've just installed a SLG Ford 8.8 LSD, Axle, solid diff. bushings, and driveshaft setup into my 6MT 135i. This is a dedicated half mile & 60-130 car.

What additional parts should I add to the following list to maximize straight line traction?
- 15 inch rear brake conversion
- 275/50r15 Drag Radials
- Solid Subframe bushings
- Upgraded rear trailing arms (recommendations?)
- Any other rear suspension components - e.g. remaining arms, arm bushings?

Background:
The car has a top mount Speedtech 6466 Gen II kit, all necessary supporting modifications (Reflex+, forward facing manifold w/ port injectors, etc.), and will be rebuilt with forged pistons & rods over the next several weeks.

Thanks in advance

How was the SLG Ford 8.8 install? You run into anything? Happy with the kit? Anything you would do differently?

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
Jake Spence has a rear end upgrade video on Youtube which documents various control arm and bushing upgrades.

I think his upgrades netted him some good gains on and off the strip, at least before his motor went.

I'm going through a similar process on my E92 335i (essentially uses the same subframe/bushings/control arms as 135i afaik). I'd say have a think about adding the below to your list while you're in there, especially if your car isn't low mileage:

• New rear wheel bearings
  • Replace OEM balljoints on knuckle end of roll over/camber arm links for fresh ones: LEM-3642601 (x2)
  • Replace factory bushings on subframe end of roll over/camber arm links for balljoints - https://www.bimmerworld.com/BimmerWorld-Rear-Camber-Arm-Bearing-Kit.html
  • Replace rear control arms for M3 items, and swap the open bushings on the knuckle-end links of them for balljoints: Lemforder 3067901 (x4). Alternatively, replace oem control arms with aftermarket adjustable arms that have balljoints on both ends.
  • Trailing arm links (subframe ends and knuckle ends) - replace with Lemforder 3067901 ball joints (x4)
  • 1M/M3 rear sway bar setup or aftermarket
  • Adjustable rear sway bar end links
  • Aftermarket adjustable toe arms with balljoints on each end
For shocks, upper/lower shock mounts and alignemnt, I'm not too sure what would be applicable for a straight-line focussed build. However, I went with ST XTA coilovers and Monroe upper and lower shock mounts.
i have been through this phrase myself...tbh if i have to do it again, i would start off with a m3 rear end swap first before i tackle the other upgrades

and as a dedicated racecar, go for monoball front and spherical bearing arms in the rear

Reactions: jzx_andy

Jern54

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2019
Netherlands
Ride
E91 N54 335i
M3 drive train here with upgraded M3 ZF LSD core with 4 clutch packs and 45% lock up.
Drives perfect with a 6466 on E85 at 28 psi

Reactions: jzx_andy