Xtreme-DI LLC High Flow Pump

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Thanks to a tip from @WedgePerformance Xtreme-DI has the XDI-HPFP-35 and the XDI-HPFP-60

image834.jpg

Here is the description:

The XDI-HPFP-35 is the first High Flow High Pressure Direct Injection pump to replace Bosch, Denso, Magneti Marelli and Delphi pumps.
It is capable of up to 180bar / 2600psi injection pressure and up to 200 LPH flow.
It flows up to 35% more when mounted on the same cam lobe.

The XDI-HPFP-60 is the bigger brother of the XDI-HPFP-35. Since it was designed based on the same flexibility criteria as the XDI-HPFP-35, it can be mounted on almost all the same engines.
It is capable of up to 230bar / 3300psi injection pressure and up to 240 LPH flow.
It flows up to 60% more when mounted on the same cam lobe.

Currently they have mostly EcoBoost applications but also cite the N55 and the S55 and specifically, not N54.

Current Applications:
GM Ecotec 2.0T I4, LTG (Cadillac ATS, CTS, Camaro LT, etc.)
GM Ecotec 2.0T I4, LNF (HR SS, Cobalt SS, Solstice)
GM Ecotec 2.0T I4, LHU (Buick Regal)
Ford Eco Boost 3.5TT V6 (F-150)
Ford Eco-Boost 3.5TT V6 (Explorer, Flex, SHO, MKZ, MKX)
Ford Eco-Boost 2.3T I4 (Mustang, Focus RS)

Coming Soon:
Hyundai 1.6T I4 (Veloster Turbo)
Hyundai 2.0T I4 (Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima)
Hyundai 3.8 V6 (Genesis)
BMW 3.0 I6, N55 (not all), S55 (M3, M4), not N54
VW / Audi 2.0 I4, EA888 Gen.1 (VW Golf, Audi A3, etc.)
Ford Eco-Boost 1.6T I4 (Fiesta ST)
Ford Eco-Boost 2.0T I4 (Focus ST)
Ford Eco-Boost 2.7TT V6 (Edge Sport, Fusion Sport, F-150)
Mercedes 4.0TT V8, M177 / M178 (GT, E63, C63)
Mercedes 5.5TT V8, M157 (S63, CL63, CLS63)

http://www.xtreme-di.com/index_files/HPFP35.htm

TJ Jrackers

Private
Dec 9, 2016
Shame it won't fit the n54, I thought n54/55 pumps were pretty similar?

Last edited:

slow_henry

Private
Apr 6, 2017
nj
Ride
335i
sounds good to me lol, but yeah n54 should be included in the list they do have a bigger Market since obviously they been around more , gutters they ain't that hungry, but I'm sure it'll be on the next list

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
LOL. If you are following this in the ecoboost world which we are closely, you know this is a joke. They have been announcing these as almost done for over a year now. They have claims of power supported, not a single log, nothing. Reminds me of HPFPupgrade

• Funny
Reactions: JBacon335
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Also, how could they do an N54? the N54 is a ROTARY pump. This is a simple plunger pump, every platform they site uses a plunger pump. VERY simple to upgrade, that's why the N54 is left out, because upgrading the N54 pump is next to impossible unless you want to dump way more money that you could ever get out of it.

Reactions: slow_henry

slow_henry

Private
Apr 6, 2017
nj
Ride
335i
Also, how could they do an N54? the N54 is a ROTARY pump. This is a simple plunger pump, every platform they site uses a plunger pump. VERY simple to upgrade, that's why the N54 is left out, because upgrading the N54 pump is next to impossible unless you want to dump way more money that you could ever get out of it.

but not impossible, and there are people out there willing to pay it but you are right takes that one person that wants to invest time and money already knowing that sells wont be as big, I know justin was looking into it but haven't heated anything else after that

BQTuning

Corporal
Jul 18, 2017
www.bqtuning.com
Ride
E89 Z4 35i 6MT M Sport
Why does BMW refer to the N54 HPFP as an "exchange" HPFP and every other HPFP is no descriptive with "exchange". It is a word game or is there some actually function difference with the HPFP ?

Does "exchange" have anything to do with being "interchangeable" in the jargon use ?

Uwe@Xtreme-DI

Aug 19, 2017
Hi Everybody,
I wanted to clarify the difference between pumps and explain what is going on at XDI.

This is the rotary pump, found on N54 and early N55s.
Vargas Turbo has a kit for that and Twisted Tuning is working on something.
Xtreme-DI does not work on a solution for these engines. Yes we know it is a big market :)
Perhaps in the future.
attachment.jpg

This is the plunger style pump found on later N55s, S55 and also on the late model V8s.
This is what Xtreme-DI is working on !!
attachment.jpg

We are not an aftermarket tuning company, we specialize in GDI fuel systems and standalone racing controls ("DME") for all applications.
What that means is that we have to work together with tuning companies, that specialize in every particular application and have full access to all ECU parameters. We help them identify and change the right parameters to tune the DI fuel system.
Long and difficult process with all kinds of different ECU types out there.
We also do special solutions like running dual HPFPs or similar.

Long story short, we had an N55 and an S55 running already. Still sorting out the fine tuning. Solution is rather pricey but way cleaner and safer than piggy back injectors. We have bigger fuel injectors as well.

If there was enough people asking and willing to spend more than $1500 and somebody local to Detroit with a newer N55 volunteering to work with us, that would speed up the process.
If you are interested, please send an email to [email protected].
We will collect all requests and keep everybody posted on the process.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Oh hey Uwe! Funny you show up here with all these announcements. What ever happened to getting us injectors for the ecoboost, or working with us on some other stuff. Yeah remember when you called my phone for like 4 days straight til I finally answered, we had a couple good discussions, then you disappeared, and haven't responded to an email since? You have been telling me about these pumps for going on 2 years now, I have the emails to back this up. So in 2 years time, can you show us some results? Some logs, or possibly dynos, racing results, anything to show us this 2 year span you have working HPFP upgrades? This pump was announced for the ecoboost also over a year ago, crickets ever since. Hopefully you have some results to show everyone this time, not just more announcements. Looking forward to seeing what these can do!

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
but not impossible, and there are people out there willing to pay it but you are right takes that one person that wants to invest time and money already knowing that sells wont be as big, I know justin was looking into it but haven't heated anything else after that
I love posts like this. Sure anything is possible, its also possible for the average person to get their way into space if they have enough money. When literally every diesel company you speak to that does a LOT of rotary pump upgrades that are very similar to the N54 tell you, to get any more fuel out of that pump besides spinning it faster is not worth the money spent, you listen. These are experts, this is what they do for a living. Look at XDI here, they have no interest in doing the N54 either, because its not worth it. I love that a "tooner" is now gonna upgrade the N54 rotary pump. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: JBacon335

slow_henry

Private
Apr 6, 2017
nj
Ride
335i
u ain't gotta be a dick I was just saying , on regards to twisted I never said he's upgrading it I said he was looking into it, shit at least he just didn't say "no54" and takes some of his time to look into it, and the real reason I wrote a replay to this is because I saw ur overspinner being installed a couple of days ago and I was wondering, will this decrease life of a new hpfp dramatically?? seems like it works but wondering about life of the pump after install

• Agree
Reactions: AK135i