XDF Progress

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
Currently trying to fix my rail pressure oscillation with my helix x3. I've raised the targets in ip_fup_sp_hom to reasonable values (converted to psi) that should easily be achievable via the helix. With these setpoints, I still get peaks of 2250-2400 psi and valley of 1350 psi, averaging 1650 psi.

Any other maps you got in mind?

I'm thinking external fpr next with a set low pressure of 80+ psi to feed the helix enough fuel.
Can you share the XDF you have? Some tables in there I don't have defined.

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
I have every table in the DME for all roms. Which ones do you need?
From a few posts earlier. Carabuser laid out the names of the tables. If you have them in IJEOS (or anything else useful) I am interested.

I'd be interested in the LPFP/HPFP setpoint/pressure target and the associated PID tables as well as the HPFP PID tables. Bonus points if there are other tables that govern the cold start HPFP operation. I have IJEOS.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I have every table in the DME for all roms. Which ones do you need?
That sounds pretty useful, most people are still just relying on the IKC0S documentation.

There's a few new tables added in INA0S that I don't have names for. What does your table list say for 0x5966C on INA0S? It was added in some new logic. It's paired with a RAM address (0xD0001CD8) that would also be useful to have a name for.

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
There's 2 parts to the fuel pressure control. The LPFP which is usually referred to as EFP and is calculated in the Continental area of the code and then there's the high pressure system which is referred to as just FUP or RAIL and of which most logic is done in the BMW area.

If your low pressure is consistent and at 60 or above then it might just be a case of getting the right high pressure target. You want to be looking at KF_PRAIL_H for that. I think the table you are manipulating might be ignored, it depends if the fuel pressure target is set to internal or external, look at the flag "S_PRAIL_SW" in your bin, if set to 1 then you are in external fuel pressure control and the pressure target is originating from the BMW layer.
Yep S_PRAIL_SW was set to 1, and KF_PRAIL_H had stock values of 1800 psi @ 7000 rpm which is pretty close to my average of 1650 psi.

BMW layer maps all have the german acronyms correct? For example, KF_PRAIL_H is from BMW and ip_fup_sp_hom is from Continental?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Yep S_PRAIL_SW was set to 1, and KF_PRAIL_H had stock values of 1800 psi @ 7000 rpm which is pretty close to my average of 1650 psi.

BMW layer maps all have the german acronyms correct? For example, KF_PRAIL_H is from BMW and ip_fup_sp_hom is from Continental?
For the most part that's true, there's some German influence in the Continental area too in certain areas, probably have different divisions working on different parts of the code.

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
For the most part that's true, there's some German influence in the Continental area too in certain areas, probably have different divisions working on different parts of the code.
I can now confirm that KF_PRAIL_H is the Rail pressure target map used by the dme. Hitting an average of 14-15 mPA now with the trade-off that my low pressure side is dipping down into the mid 30 psi..

Funny enough, KF_PRAIL_H is already defined in the basic XDF's with the title of "Fuel Pressure Target (Homo)"

Reactions: mj6234

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
If it’s going to be given to the community for free then it gets here when it gets here I suppose.

wise words wise words.

I think it is less a question to push somebody to do something rather curiosity after the announcement with the wording "very soon".
I don´t understand why it is always a problem when somebody asks something that was announced withing a certain time frame.

If it still takes months... i am soooo okay with it.. as it is a free gift.

In may be more understandable words

"Is there an ETA for the gift everybody is happily waiting for? And to be clear... We are not pushing anybody here but are just so happy to get this update as we are all curious about the contents and maybe new tables some of us can play with."

better?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Will do! BIG xdf update coming for N54 very soon :)

Take it with a bit of humor

1632819438009.png

• Funny
Reactions: JBacon335

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Volume profits don't make sense anymore. It's all about being the first to market with sales 10% of previous market.

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
I understand what y'all are saying, for sure. Maybe N54 has been put on the backburner, I don't know. But tons of tables have been defined since the public XDF was updated, and lots of them have been posted around on forums, or at least their memory addresses. So not all is lost... Just gotta look around.