XDF Progress

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
There will be more N54 development and updates, but it needs to be prioritized with other platforms that currently have no features. N54 already has flex fuel, shift bog fix, pi safety, etc. We also have a very small dev team, and a lot of this stuff takes a ton of time.

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
There will be more N54 development and updates, but it needs to be prioritized with other platforms that currently have no features. N54 already has flex fuel, shift bog fix, pi safety, etc. We also have a very small dev team, and a lot of this stuff takes a ton of time.
Thank you for all the efforts

Reactions: wheela

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Have you considered crowdsource dev and test ?. There’s loads of people that would love to contribute. Everybody wins.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
Have you considered crowdsource dev and test ?. There’s loads of people that would love to contribute. Everybody wins.
FWIW, I've spent a lot of time in recent months expanding and improving my personal XDF as well as studying everything MSD80 related. I even built a little Windows program that uses Ediabas to diag my car, as a learning project. I've improved lots of names and descriptions of tables from the public XDF. Also have added tons of tables that are useful to me and could be useful for others. I've thought about putting it up on GitHub at some point for others, just didn't know if that's something I should do.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
FWIW, I've spent a lot of time in recent months expanding and improving my personal XDF as well as studying everything MSD80 related. I even built a little Windows program that uses Ediabas to diag my car, as a learning project. I've improved lots of names and descriptions of tables from the public XDF. Also have added tons of tables that are useful to me and could be useful for others. I've thought about putting it up on GitHub at some point for others, just didn't know if that's something I should do.
Do it.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I also recommend doing this, and adding a Paypal contribute link. Who knows, if people find it useful you may earn a little cash.

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
Do you have a contact I can email with you to talk about this a bit further? I am new to the MSD80 and have a few general questions if you wouldn't mind answering or pointing me in the correct direction of documentation? Thanks in advance!

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
Do you have a contact I can email with you to talk about this a bit further? I am new to the MSD80 and have a few general questions if you wouldn't mind answering or pointing me in the correct direction of documentation? Thanks in advance!
Documentation is a little disjointed and spread out at the moment, but there is an Excel document that was made years ago that's a good starting point, as well as this forum. Problem is that some of the info in the doc isn't correct anymore. Go ahead and DM me on here and I'll see what I can do to help.

Reactions: tej98

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
Documentation is a little disjointed and spread out at the moment, but there is an Excel document that was made years ago that's a good starting point, as well as this forum. Problem is that some of the info in the doc isn't correct anymore. Go ahead and DM me on here and I'll see what I can do to help.
Thanks! I'll send you a private message here.