Ad: VTT N54 GC -Full ReBrand!

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
Yeah still waiting to see the details of what happened with that one, quite a few sets sold, I'd estimate maybe 40-50 or so sets already, that one is the only one I've heard having any issues. Generally speaking with a turbo if there is an issue with the build or parts it'll show itself very quickly so the 200 miles doesn't surprise me, but I'll know more when we find out more. :)

Chris

Any updates on this or still haven't been able to dissect the turbo?

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Yep! We believe the cause was the extended bullet nuts we swapped to. There are some (minor) aero advantages to the longer nuts (and they do look cool), but they're heavier and the mass is further away from the supports, which can cause whipping at higher shaft speeds even if balanced perfectly at 120k RPM.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Just an update on My F-RB+ for the ones looking at getting these, so far about 5k km on them and holding strong, all the km's done on these turbos are not a daily drive but hard km through mountains, track, drags and over 2 hrs drifting at power cruise yesterday.

I've frown everything at these on e30 @21 psi doing 80 to 100mph power skids and drifting and they performed and look perfect with no oil leaks.

Keep you guys updated as time goes on.

Last edited: