• Made my own

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Never knew Turner Motorsport have stock location inlets, unless these are a new product?
Has anyone fitted them up? Still deciding which to purchase.

I have a set of mmp stock located inlets stock diameter connector with PSP CARBON FIBER TUBED DUAL CONE FILTERS for $150 plus shipping if you are interested. Pm me. The psps dual cone kit alone is over 100 bucks resale.

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
Reviving a moderately dead thread rather then making a new one, but are the MMP aluminum inlets still a good choice based on the votes from the first page? I'm looking to switch to relocated inlets with upgraded turbos. Currently have the VRSF stock location.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Reviving a moderately dead thread rather then making a new one, but are the MMP aluminum inlets still a good choice based on the votes from the first page? I'm looking to switch to relocated inlets with upgraded turbos. Currently have the VRSF stock location.
MMP sells poor quality products and they will not return calls or emails when the products they sell break.

The stuff they sell is the exact same as the unbranded cheap quality stuff you find on eBay. I bought their charge pipe kit and the knock off tial BOV came apart. A washer from the BOV came off,got sucked through the charge pipe, through the throttle body and into the intake. My throttle body was damaged and I had to buy another one. Thankfully the washer was to big to get into the head.

There are several others this happened to. Search mmp bov here and you see threads in the octagon section. If you Google it you'll find the same in other forums.

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
MMP sells poor quality products and they will not return calls or emails when the products they sell break.

The stuff they sell is the exact same as the unbranded cheap quality stuff you find on eBay. I bought their charge pipe kit and the knock off tial BOV came apart. A washer from the BOV came off,got sucked through the charge pipe, through the throttle body and into the intake. My throttle body was damaged and I had to buy another one. Thankfully the washer was to big to get into the head.

There are several others this happened to. Search mmp bov here and you see threads in the octagon section. If you Google it you'll find the same in other forums.

Dang sorry to hear about that. Maybe I should look into the VRSF or ARM relocated. I currently have the 2" VRSF oem side inlets, but the rear inlet almost looks like its squished or collapsed near the firewall. I'm not sure if that's normal or not for a rear inlet or if the person that installed it didn't do such a great job.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Dang sorry to hear about that. Maybe I should look into the VRSF or ARM relocated. I currently have the 2" VRSF oem side inlets, but the rear inlet almost looks like its squished or collapsed near the firewall. I'm not sure if that's normal or not for a rear inlet or if the person that installed it didn't do such a great job.
Yeah, go with VRSF. THEY ARE GREAT. I got a lot of help when I called them about installing my vrsf 7.5 race intercooler.

I have an e60 and the inlet on the rear was a supreme pain to install. It's slightly squished between the firewall and tranny housing. It's better than the stock inlet at least but not ideal.

I watched an install (vehiculardiy on you tube) on an e90 with auto trans and it wasn't squished.

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
Yeah, go with VRSF. THEY ARE GREAT. I got a lot of help when I called them about installing my vrsf 7.5 race intercooler.

I have an e60 and the inlet on the rear was a supreme pain to install. It's slightly squished between the firewall and tranny housing. It's better than the stock inlet at least but not ideal.

I watched an install (vehiculardiy on you tube) on an e90 with auto trans and it wasn't squished.

Are your inlets 1.75" or 2" ?

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
I have 2 inch inlets.
Aren't all inlets suppose to be the same size except for when it gets near the turbo? You would think it's just sized a bit smaller for the snout and that's about it and everything else is the same. When I spoke to Rob about his RB 2+ turbos he recommended that I run the 1.75" because of the 2" inlet pushed against the firewall and potentially looking collapsed, but if I end up going with Pure or VTT which have 2" snout then I'm pretty much set and that might be the only way to determine if the inlet is installed correctly or not when the stock turbos come off. Dang can't make my decision if I want relocated or if I should just keep what I have.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Aren't all inlets suppose to be the same size except for when it gets near the turbo? You would think it's just sized a bit smaller for the snout and that's about it and everything else is the same. When I spoke to Rob about his RB 2+ turbos he recommended that I run the 1.75" because of the 2" inlet pushed against the firewall and potentially looking collapsed, but if I end up going with Pure or VTT which have 2" snout then I'm pretty much set and that might be the only way to determine if the inlet is installed correctly or not when the stock turbos come off. Dang can't make my decision if I want relocated or if I should just keep what I have.
I think that may depend on what brand you buy. Mine are 2 inch all the way through. I've not had any noticeable issues with the rear inlet being compressed some. I'm only running stock turbos though with the mhd stage 2+ e30 tune though.

There are pros and cons to each setup. You just need to research what you think will work best for you at what you want to achieve from it.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I recently installed inlets on a 535xi auto trans car and the rear one is not squished and you can move it around if you want to. 2in inlets.

• Informative
Reactions: TheFixer

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
I recently installed inlets on a 535xi auto trans car and the rear one is not squished and you can move it around if you want to. 2in inlets.
I may have to have another look at mine. It was extremely tight getting it in. I had to use a rope and pull from underneath.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I may have to have another look at mine. It was extremely tight getting it in. I had to use a rope and pull from underneath.
Yeah I had some help with putting the ones I installed in but same deal getting it through was kinda tough but once on the turbo the clearance was pretty happy with. Do not think it will rub itself through. These are ebay 2in silicone Inlets that I used. No complaints for the first 2 weeks from the customer so far.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Yeah I had some help with putting the ones I installed in but same deal getting it through was kinda tough but once on the turbo the clearance was pretty happy with. Do not think it will rub itself through. These are ebay 2in silicone Inlets that I used. No complaints for the first 2 weeks from the customer so far.
Yeah. It's a workout on the 535i. Before I put mine on I watched a video of a guy putting the rear inlet on a 335i like there was nothing to it. There was no 535i video. I assumed it would be like that.....nope. lol

I've had mine on for just over a year with no issues. They are nothing special. Just plain Jane ones with a mmp sticker on them. Same exact thing as the ebay ones.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah. It's a workout on the 535i. Before I put mine on I watched a video of a guy putting the rear inlet on a 335i like there was nothing to it. There was no 535i video. I assumed it would be like that.....nope. lol

I've had mine on for just over a year with no issues. They are nothing special. Just plain Jane ones with a mmp sticker on them. Same exact thing as the ebay ones.
I had the motor decently forward as well since 535xi you have to drop subframe to do turbos made it fairly easy for me I geuss.

Reactions: TheFixer

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
I just ended up with the PR relocated. Fitment wasn't bad at all. I think there's more wiggle room to adjust it around a bit more.

Attachments

• image_123927839 (6).JPG
    image_123927839 (6).JPG
    407.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image_55415491.JPG
    image_55415491.JPG
    435.9 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Torgus

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
Hey guys just want to make sure were on the same page with these relocated inlets. The silicone looks correct? It's suppose to be near the heat shield or sitting against it? Hopefully it doesn't melt lol. When I inspected down below it wasn't touching the turbo manifolds or anything.

Attachments

• image_123927839.jpg
    image_123927839.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 82