Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Been storming and raining all weekend and still raining now... must wait until good light and weather is out to film.
But if you're asking me if I am satisfied with the purchase, then I tell you I am more than satisfied. Good service, and very good product. But beware... safe your sanity and find a good shop to install, it is worth the money. If I had to do it again, I would let someone else install because it is a pain in the ass.
I second that for ANY inlets.

Reactions: matreyia

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Been storming and raining all weekend and still raining now... must wait until good light and weather is out to film.
But if you're asking me if I am satisfied with the purchase, then I tell you I am more than satisfied. Good service, and very good product. But beware... safe your sanity and find a good shop to install, it is worth the money. If I had to do it again, I would let someone else install because it is a pain in the ass.

i plan on having them installed along with fresh turbos, outlets and downpipes at the same time. ive read all the horror stories. lol

looks like these are on my short list then, i just need to convince myself to go hotside.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
i plan on having them installed along with fresh turbos, outlets and downpipes at the same time. ive read all the horror stories. lol

looks like these are on my short list then, i just need to convince myself to go hotside.

I was worried from all the warnings on "hotside"... my observations are the warnings were unfounded. With proper shields and air reflow ducts, there is zero increase in IATs. On mine there was an actual decrease in IAT after installing air reflow ducts.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is

I still have my 1.75 relocation inlets I will give you for cheap.

• Wow
Reactions: typedRew

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I still have my RB stock Silicon inlets in a box from like five years ago when they were first released. Never got around installing them ... yet.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
I still have my 1.75 relocation inlets I will give you for cheap.
Despite my love of cheap, idk if i'd run that vrsf kit...ill consider it

i thought you reused it with yout new turbos and just did 2inch couplers?

I was worried from all the warnings on "hotside"... my observations are the warnings were unfounded. With proper shields and air reflow ducts, there is zero increase in IATs. On mine there was an actual decrease in IAT after installing air reflow ducts.

what air flow ducts are you referring to?

Last edited:

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Despite my love of cheap, idk if i'd run that vrsf kit...ill consider it

i thought you reused it with yout new turbos and just did 2inch couplers?

What air flow ducts are you referring to?

This tray here.
Turner Duct.jpg

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
@matreyia, I saw that tray in the Turner kit but did you buy it separate? How can I get it? I am salivating!!!!

I got it separate. It does not come with the seal. That seal was old seal from the cut up rain gutter plaster stock cowl you see next to the windshield. It is very expensive for what it is...a piece of metal for $150. But it is totally necessary and does reduce IAT noticeably at freeway speeds.

Part Number:
020413TMS06KT

currently $137.00 on sale.

Reactions: NoGuru

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I got it separate. It does not come with the seal. That seal was old seal from the cut up rain gutter plaster stock cowl you see next to the windshield. It is very expensive for what it is...a piece of metal for $150. But it is totally necessary and does reduce IAT noticeably at freeway speeds.

Part Number:
020413TMS06KT

currently $137.00 on sale.
Great, I didn't realize they sold it separate. Now if they sell the part that surrounds the filters that would be a game changer.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Great, I didn't realize they sold it separate. Now if they sell the part that surrounds the filters that would be a game changer.

I don't know what part you are referring to. But if you mean the cover over the filters themselves, then that would be a no no...because those are custom and will only fit their kit. The ARM relocation inlets kit has its own cover that goes over the cone filters to shield it from the engine heat...but I did not use it because the shield would block direct air from the Turner air ducting. And also because the ARM kit comes with an exhaust manifold cover that effectively shields most heat from the exhaust / turbos.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I don't know what part you are referring to. But if you mean the cover over the filters themselves, then that would be a no no...because those are custom and will only fit their kit. The ARM relocation inlets kit has its own cover that goes over the cone filters to shield it from the engine heat...but I did not use it because the shield would block direct air from the Turner air ducting. And also because the ARM kit comes with an exhaust manifold cover that effectively shields most heat from the exhaust / turbos.
I take it you have never seen there $1000 kit. Check out the part that isolates the filters. https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-...ide-intakes-335i/?pdk=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAECAQICAgM

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I just removed my canisters.
You could just bore out the diameter of the holes for the filters if the turner block off didn't fit. That part would make more difference then all off the other stuff.
I consider making a custom one just about every day but I don't have the resources.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I just removed my canisters.
You could just bore out the diameter of the holes for the filters if the turner block off didn't fit. That part would make more difference then all off the other stuff.
I consider making a custom one just about every day but I don't have the resources.

I would be wary of that because it's not the hole diameter that is the problem..its the offset distances of the opening through which the inlet hoses go through. Tgei hoses are cut different lengths and are also two piece design with couplers. So the ends are different lengths. So far, PR relocated inlets and ARM relocated inlets have different lengths and diameters. So i am wary of the ends.