Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Made my own

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

10'135iAT

Mar 5, 2017
Ride
2010 135i
I'm actually looking for inlets that will pair well with my dinan cold air intake. Would love some advice. Also looking to add stage 2 pure turbos with jb4 to my 135i that currently has dinan3 software, intercooler, oil cooler, cold air intake, vrsf catless downpipes CPE non restrictive mid pipes and dinan axle back. So I'm having trouble finding inlets BOV, charge pipe. Would nice to have a port to add future water injection.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm actually looking for inlets that will pair well with my dinan cold air intake. Would love some advice. Also looking to add stage 2 pure turbos with jb4 to my 135i that currently has dinan3 software, intercooler, oil cooler, cold air intake, vrsf catless downpipes CPE non restrictive mid pipes and dinan axle back. So I'm having trouble finding inlets BOV, charge pipe. Would nice to have a port to add future water injection.

Well, I forget what the dinan intake looks like, but I'm pretty sure it should work with the stock location style inlets.

If you're adding a JB4, there would be no need that I can see for the dinan software. As far as water injection, do you mean water/alcohol injection or just pure water injection? There have been some talk going around that injecting meth before the throttle body can actually cause some bank to bank issues and that direct port is the way to go, but that just depends on who you ask. Regardless, there are direct port meth injection plates available so which chargepipe you use is then up to you as no bung is needed.

10'135iAT

Mar 5, 2017
Ride
2010 135i
Well, I forget what the dinan intake looks like, but I'm pretty sure it should work with the stock location style inlets.

If you're adding a JB4, there would be no need that I can see for the dinan software. As far as water injection, do you mean water/alcohol injection or just pure water injection? There have been some talk going around that injecting meth before the throttle body can actually cause some bank to bank issues and that direct port is the way to go, but that just depends on who you ask. Regardless, there are direct port meth injection plates available so which chargepipe you use is then up to you as no bung is needed.
Was reading about the m4gts

Xm-n54

Private
May 8, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 335xi
image.jpeg
Hey guys I have a set of VRSF stainless steel inlets that still haven't been put on the car. I'm waiting for the weather to get better. But I kept looking the inlets over and noticed that they are pretty heavy.

What does the rear inlet end up resting on? Wheel well? It's a heavy long tube and I've been thinking if this could ever cause the rear inlet to disconnect from the rear turbo. It seems like it'll put stress on the silicone.

Has anyone made any type of bracket up top to make it more secure, or is this not even an issue?

If so, has the rear inlet ever came off and do you believe this was the case for it?

Nov 3, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Ride
09 6MT 335i Single Turbo
View attachment 10853 Hey guys I have a set of VRSF stainless steel inlets that still haven't been put on the car. I'm waiting for the weather to get better. But I kept looking the inlets over and noticed that they are pretty heavy.

What does the rear inlet end up resting on? Wheel well? It's a heavy long tube and I've been thinking if this could ever cause the rear inlet to disconnect from the rear turbo. It seems like it'll put stress on the silicone.

Has anyone made any type of bracket up top to make it more secure, or is this not even an issue?

If so, has the rear inlet ever came off and do you believe this was the case for it?
You’ll be fine. VRSF metal have one of the best fitments.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
I voted RB but after clicking the example link I see I voted wrong. I'm actually on the RB EVO Inlets (relocate).

And to be honest, for how much I have into the swap I should have gone TFT (Brian is local to me and he is who got me into the N54 game).

I initially bought the VRSF relocate kit (silicon). The rear did not fit. Internet research and no one seemed to have issues, all had 335's. I needed something fast and guaranteed to work. Contacted Rob and he said his was built off his personal 135. Sounded good to me and I bit the bullet and bought the kit.

I also did the 335d tank and found out after that only 1 charge pipe would work, CP-e. So had to buy another charge pipe (after just buying one I thought would work (the BMS site can be confusing with all the dropboxes and lack of pictures)).

So in the end I'm in it for something in that $1,000 range of the complete TFT kit.
hindsight really is 20/20

And Robs inlets fit 100%. Been on the car for about 45,000 trouble free miles, in all weather and everyday driving and racing. Rear inlet has not pulled off since day 1.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeffman and Torgus

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
You should add ARM MOTORSPORTS relocated inlets. I got them and they are pretty damn good for the price.

Reactions: typedRew

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Those are looking like my move as well. I wanted RB EVO but he said he’s not making them anymore.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Those are looking like my move as well. I wanted RB EVO but he said he’s not making them anymore.

I will make a video review this weekend. Show you all the details and pros and cons. If you have to get relocated for whatever reason, the ARM MOTORSPORTS kit is VERY competent... just as good as or even better that the more expensive versions.

Reactions: Jeffman

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
I will make a video review this weekend. Show you all the details and pros and cons. If you have to get relocated for whatever reason, the ARM MOTORSPORTS kit is VERY competent... just as good as or even better that the more expensive versions.
any update? more thoughts?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
any update? more thoughts?

Been storming and raining all weekend and still raining now... must wait until good light and weather is out to film.
But if you're asking me if I am satisfied with the purchase, then I tell you I am more than satisfied. Good service, and very good product. But beware... safe your sanity and find a good shop to install, it is worth the money. If I had to do it again, I would let someone else install because it is a pain in the ass.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeffman