UK people who has the answer ?

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
The truth here is that Martymill is a VTT reseller so of course he's going to slate the China turbos that price VTT out of the market. I've had VTT turbos and I went China turbos.

b4llistic is the guy who complained about cheap turbos he got. Got a full refund and then sold them to someone else. Sounds like a stand up guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Supporting manufacturers and the communist regime that blatently rips of other peoples ideas and infringes on patents with full disregard for others.

Nevee ever I will buy or support the use of any Chinese products and it should be banned on these forums.

You should be supporting local jobs and only buying from local companies.

So... you've never bought a VRSF product? (Which are Chinese)

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
The problem with most of these cheap turbos is the inlet snout, the silicone style hoses haven't got much to bite on, eventually slip off and will cost you
just as much in the end as quality ones as you will spend a lot more money on labour.

It doesn't pay to buy this Chinese shit.

Here is the difference
View attachment 43946

Not sure where you got the photos of that dodgy compressor housing but that's nothing like the larger 16/17/19t China turbos I've had.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Never did and never will sell VRSF period and since when am I a VTT reseller.

Yes I run their products and can supply them if you want, but I don't actively sell them as acquiring is not cost effective.

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Funny thing isn't it? I have first hand experience running these, as do others, we're either all in the same company all with shares, or the turbos are actually quite good.

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
The problem with most of these cheap turbos is the inlet snout, the silicone style hoses haven't got much to bite on, eventually slip off and will cost you
just as much in the end as quality ones as you will spend a lot more money on labour.

It doesn't pay to buy this Chinese shit.

Here is the difference
View attachment 43946

Here you go Marty, an actual photo of the bigger China turbos (China is quite a big country, there will be more than one factory :D congratulations on finding some from a shitty manufacturer, that doesn't represent all the larger turbos that are in discussion) There is no issue with inlets coming off these:
thumbnail_IMG_20200914_112000.jpg

Clearly all my 'colleagues' with shares in China turbos are also shills. Actually I'm just a fan of them as they've been extremely good for me and many others. Are we not allowed to review a good product simply because it comes from China? (must be in bed with the manufacturer) gets old mate, it really does.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Funny thing is you should go get some Chinese tyres too and go down the drag strip or track, same thing isn't it ?

Don't worry she'll be right mate.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Here you go Marty, an actual photo of the bigger China turbos (China is quite a big country, there will be more than one factory :D congratulations on finding some from a shitty manufacturer, that doesn't represent all the larger turbos that are in discussion) There is no issue with inlets coming off these:View attachment 43976

Clearly all my 'colleagues' with shares in China turbos are also shills. Actually I'm just a fan of them as they've been extremely good for me and many others. Are we not allowed to review a good product simply because it comes from China? (must be in bed with the manufacturer) gets old mate, it really does.

You sound like a Chinese reseller.

Rather push my car than run these even if they were for free, thanks but no thanks.

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Both threetirtyfive and moreboost are from the group I warned about earlier.
China good or China bad; either way best put these guys on ignore as all they do is spread lies.
Ah B4llistic, resident turbo thief-offered early buy opportunity, force refund and keep turbos and never fit them but form an opinion just the same. I think people who actually RUN the turbos have a more valid opinion but thanks. :D Keep smoking the dutch good stuff mate.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
As I said earlier I’d appreciate all of you not having this conversation... I understand MartyMil and B4llistic have their opinions as does Moreboost and Threetirtyfive, I Understand if you think they resell but the chances are they don’t as that would really impact the Chinese sales...

All I asked for on this thread was inlets not if Chinese companies are bad etc etc...

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The extra wire ininforcememt in the vtt is why I recommended them highly, the only other one just as good is rb's which i also would recommend above anything China has to offer but don't for personal reasons only.

Pick what you want but I've seen a number of Chinese brands collapse under boost chocking the turbos.

They are fine on the flow bench where there is no heat, but once they heat up and when they are squished into the engine bay between the engine and firewall is when they fail.

Just because they look the same is where the similarities end.

This is a bitch of a job which you only want to do once, so pick your poison.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Guy asks simple question, turns into a pissing comp, shit show ensues. Another day in the paradise that is N54 land.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I don't have to shit on their products the video shows how weak it is.

I'm trying to help you guys avoid costly mistakes others have done, these silicone pipes become like butter under heat especially at the front of the motor.

Do as you please you were shown, now make your own minds up.

This is a bitch of a job you only want to do once but if you like throwing money away go right ahead.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Glad to see everyone ignoring my message about stopping the arguments. I’m in talks with VTT & MTC & Chinese sellers all finding which one is the quickest and most cost effective

Reactions: aus335iguy