UK people who has the answer ?

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Hey all,

I’m slowly compiling the list for my new 17T install.. the only thing I’m in need of now is the 2” inlets. I spoke to MTC on eBay, and the cheapest they do them for (without the ram air filters) is £269.
I could go onto VRSF website, and get it for $230 + the import taxes. I would imagine is still cheaper than that. And VRSF are reputable.

Does anyone in the UK know of any alternatives or perhaps knows someone that has some for sale.

Many thanks

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I didn’t even think about that. Okay no VRSF then. Do we know if Masata is any good ? ML over here sell it...
Mate I wasn’t saying they don’t fit. Marty would know more than I would. just pointing out that the Aussie market has the same RHD config and if you’re shopping around be careful as some fit better than others

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The vrsf collapse and are not reinforced enough from what I seen.

Rb's are ok but I refuse to deal with him.

VTT ones have been faultless for me.

The ones I've have right now have been on three cars and just been transferred as I've upgraded.

Make sure you have barbed inlets on the turbos otherwise no matter which brand you use will all slip of if you use oem style turbos

Last edited:

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Mate I wasn’t saying they don’t fit. Marty would know more than I would. just pointing out that the Aussie market has the same RHD config and if you’re shopping around be careful as some fit better than others
I misunderstood what you said, that makes sense. I’ll try and scout around.
The vrsf collapse and are not reinforced enough from what I seen.

Rb's are ok but I refuse to deal with him.

VTT ones have been faultless for me.

The ones I've have right now have been on three cars and just been transferred as I've upgraded.

Make sure you have barbed inlets on the turbos otherwise no matter which brand you use will all slip of if you use oem style turbos
I have been looking and can only seem to find VTT in the US. If I factor in the import taxes etc it will end up more than buying something in the uk.

ML sell “Masata” 2” inlets and they look to be the same from pics as the others, heard anything about them ?

Also with regards to turbo, I’m planning on going and buying a 17T are you saying I’m going to need this connection as well ?

Agree with the post above me about VRSF and RB. Deff don't go with these people. I don't have any experience with VTT.

I believe MMP has something on thier site or in thier manual about making stuff fit for RHD but that might have been about outlets.
I’ll look at MMP as well. Thank you very much. VRSF don’t seem so good now!

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The problem with most of these cheap turbos is the inlet snout, the silicone style hoses haven't got much to bite on, eventually slip off and will cost you
just as much in the end as quality ones as you will spend a lot more money on labour.

It doesn't pay to buy this Chinese shit.

Here is the difference
20200913_223447.jpg

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Most of these silicone inlets are cheap Chinese rebranded knock offs, not saying Masata is.

I know VTT inlets do not collapse under full boost unlike the Chinese rubbish so be careful what you buy.

Sometimes your better off spending a little extra and use what's proven to work.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
The problem with most of these cheap turbos is the inlet snout, the silicone style hoses haven't got much to bite on, eventually slip off and will cost you
just as much in the end as quality ones as you will spend a lot more money on labour.

It doesn't pay to buy this Chinese shit.

Here is the difference
View attachment 43946
So do you think that these 17T don’t have a nice inlet ?

Most of these silicone inlets are cheap Chinese rebranded knock offs, not saying Masata is.

I know VTT inlets do not collapse under full boost unlike the Chinese rubbish so be careful what you buy.

Sometimes your better off spending a little extra and use what's proven to work.
I understand that. And £250 and £300 are more less the same price. But VTT would be a lot more than that. I’ll message around and see if anyone is running MASATA

Attachments

• 3B046975-9B14-4C9B-84CC-980FA87641AA.png
    3B046975-9B14-4C9B-84CC-980FA87641AA.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 19

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
If you are buying the chinese turbos, so why are you not buying their inlets?
Are buying them right from Aliexpress or from a Reseller on eBay?

I ordered my turbos straight from iSpeedytech and added their inlets directly to that order. So you should just ask you seller for inlets.
Both turbo and inlets are well made and work great with no issues.

@martymil you are really exeggerating things. There are now a lot of ppl running 16/17T turbos from ispeedytech (JDM is the same seller) without any issues. I am in a big whatsapp group where really many UK based drivers run them now for quite a long time.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Till they don't.

You get what you pay for.

In the end its his choice, I've learned the hard way and will never skimp out as labour or your time is far more expensive, stressful
and not worth it.

Reactions: AzNdevil

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
@martymil you are really exeggerating things. There are now a lot of ppl running 16/17T turbos from ispeedytech (JDM is the same seller) without any issues. I am in a big whatsapp group where really many UK based drivers run them now for quite a long time.

I would double check if that is actually the case. That Whatsapp group is a big front for selling chinese turbo's. Actually talking about them in depth or critisizing them will get you kicked out so there is no wonder there is only positive talk about it there.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I would double check if that is actually the case. That Whatsapp group is a big front for selling chinese turbo's. Actually talking about them in depth or critisizing them will get you kicked out so there is no wonder there is only positive talk about it there.

Being in the group for a year now i kindly disagree with you. The only ppl kicked until today were inactive users. But may be special behavior may have lead to a kick in the past. I am pretty sure you are talking about a different group.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
I’d appreciate this not turning into an argument about what’s better. I’m doing the labour myself. I have to do my oil pan gasket at the same time, I enjoy doing it. If they blow they blow. But I’ve spoken so a few people who have had relatively good reviews about them. So we will see what happens.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Supporting manufacturers and the communist regime that blatently rips of other peoples ideas and infringes on patents with full disregard for others.

Nevee ever I will buy or support the use of any Chinese products and it should be banned on these forums.

You should be supporting local jobs and only buying from local companies.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Supporting manufacturers and the communist regime that blatently rips of other peoples ideas and infringes on patents with full disregard for others.

Nevee ever I will buy or support the use of any Chinese products and it should be banned on these forums.

You should be supporting local jobs and only buying from local companies.
I completely understand that, but then it’s also like VRSF... if a UK company started producing I would definitely try... no one does unfortunately they are just shipped in

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Buy from companies that don't support the communist freight train, look what is happening here in Australia where the dummies in parliament
have put our eggs into the China basket, now we are paying the price with their high tariffs on our products.

Buy any where but there, the more we boycott their shitty substandard rubbish the better.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i

you're such a BS artist. The only dodgy thing about that group was you trying to get turbos for free.
We are N54 enthusiasts sharing honest reviews but bad apples will have to be kicked out