Speedtech Stage 3 N55 600whp

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Man X1's are really the ultimate sleeper, If it has the 8 speed. They weigh less then E93's.
I've got the old 6AT. None of the n55 e84's got the 8 speed๐Ÿ˜” It's actually not much heavier than an e90, and the drag coefficient is pretty similar, too.

Not sure how accurate they were, but I saw somebody calculated beased on drag coefficients, it's only losing the equivalent of like 8 horsepower over an e90 at around 100mph due to additional drag.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Hence a 600whp X1 with a 8speed auto and X drive would haul absolute ass, aslong as the drivetrain holds and the rods stay contained in the block.
At least initially, I'd stick with 93oct for simplicity, so I'd be hoping for the 450 - 500 neighborhood. Mixing e seems like such a hassle. Plus (sadly) it's already the fastest car i've ever driven on this anemic stock turbo and MHD stage 2+ tune, so I don't want to kill myself just yet, lol. If I can get this kit in, maybe sometime down the road after that I could get flex fuel running, then I'd be open to e๐Ÿ˜€

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
I've got the old 6AT. None of the n55 e84's got the 8 speed๐Ÿ˜” It's actually not much heavier than an e90, and the drag coefficient is pretty similar, too.

Not sure how accurate they were, but I saw somebody calculated beased on drag coefficients, it's only losing the equivalent of like 8 horsepower over an e90 at around 100mph due to additional drag.
I wonder if anyone has calculated the extra weight of a E93 vs E92 and what it would take to make them "equal".
How much more power does the E93 need to make ? Say for instance for both cars to run same 1/4 mile time and trap at same track and day with same driver.
Or 60 to 130 times.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
I wonder if anyone has calculated the extra weight of a E93 vs E92 and what it would take to make them "equal".
How much more power does the E93 need to make ? Say for instance for both cars to run same 1/4 mile time and trap at same track and day with same driver.
Or 60 to 130 times.

Hmm... I smell an opportunity for a new cell phone app...

CalvinNismo

Corporal
Nov 1, 2020
Let's take a pole - is there anybody with e-chassis n55 who would be interested in this kit? Awesome Borg Warner EFR turbo, a cast manifold designed for 2-3x stock flow, and the downpipe and parts to fit it into your car?

If so, please respond to this thread!!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Iโ€™ve been interested in the kit for a while. On paper itโ€™s my ideal kit. The main thing holding me back is the unconfirmed RHD fitment. If anyone can confirm it fits RHD cars or thereโ€™s a competitive returns policy for me to try it, then Iโ€™m seriously interested. Iโ€™m not holding my breath though!