SPA Turbo T3 Cast Turbo Manifold

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Here is a new manifold entry SPA TMB02, (Looks incredibly familiar to something a couple years ago *cough*) they claim it works with all N5X although realistically this will likely see the most use on custom N54 projects. At 1000 bucks, it may be priced a bit too high for what it is, they threw away a good opportunity by not going twin scroll or using a T4 flange.

This could certainly be compared to the on3 cast top mount manifold, I suppose someone will just need to try it out and see for themselves:

spa.png

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

You can find it for sale on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/172741994965

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I don't understand maybe but how can a new kid come on the block and say give me more money than what you already pay for a similar product known to work? Then have no data or long term alphas ect??

Nov 8, 2016
NY
I would like to see this as a Twin-Scroll N5x Manifold...

On a side note.. im not too familiar with the N55 and tuning for upgraded turbos.. But would this being a single scroll Turbo setup, which looks like it has two 02 sensor locations, cause a problem for an N55 DME looking for a Twin Scroll Turbo setup and 02 sensor setup? Or am i missing something here... Im also not too familiar with the DME tuning side of Twin Scroll's either... So there's that too lol

But its good to finally see some actual competition, for N54 Single Turbo Exhaust Manifold. This will force the competition to either improve and/or lower their prices...

The next 2 years will be interesting for the E9x N54/N55 chassis cars, as far as new parts and new tuning potentials....

Reactions: ATL-IS-N54

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
I don't see this as competition... i can buy other hot parts for the same price and get better quality

• Agree
Reactions: R.G.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
I would like to see this as a Twin-Scroll N5x Manifold...

On a side note.. im not too familiar with the N55 and tuning for upgraded turbos.. But would this being a single scroll Turbo setup, which looks like it has two 02 sensor locations, cause a problem for an N55 DME looking for a Twin Scroll Turbo setup and 02 sensor setup? Or am i missing something here... Im also not too familiar with the DME tuning side of Twin Scroll's either... So there's that too lol

Basically if you're going to use this for N55, you just plug the manifold O2 bungs and put the two O2's in the downpipe like stock.

For N54 it will need to use the manifold bungs for separate banks, as well as in the downpipe.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
I test fit one of the first ones. I ended up going with upgraded twins because I did not want to wait months for them to add o2 bungs and a divider. I really wish it had a vband outlet or a t4 divided housing.

FelipeSpaTurbo

Jun 27, 2017
Ride
96 Passat Variant 2.0L 8v
hey Guys, my name is Felipe, i work at the factory in Brazil, and worked on the development of the new TMB02 turbo manifold.
first i like to thanks doublespaces for asking me to join the Forum and to introduce our new manifold.
i also like to thanks for Blaster3500 for all the help on the development.
as you guys can see, the new manifold has a T3 flange, and a 44mm V-band WG Flange, it is not a true twin scroll, but it does has a division inside to help with the O2 sensors, and performance.
we didn't make it a true twin scroll due to restrictions with the WG port location, and the prototype of this manifold runs 800HP, so this is what we're looking for on this upgrade.
the manifold was developed and built, and is produced at our HQ in Sao Paulo, Brazil, as some here know, we've been on the performance business since 1990's, and we do have some other products for BMW already, like the E36 manifold, that was the very first cast manifold for a E36, and it won a award at SEMA 2006.Beside, we have the S54 manifold, released past year.
the guys at Maximum PSI have another unit for the N54 with them to install, tune and dyno it, so we are waiting for its results.
i'll be glad to answer to any questions on this new product and for anything else i can help with.
PS. i'm Brazilian, so, sorry for my english.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Hey Felipe! Glad to see y'all got it all finished. SPA was a pleasure to work with. I wish i had had the time to use this manifold. Still thinking about going with a single setup.

FelipeSpaTurbo

Jun 27, 2017
Ride
Hey Felipe! Glad to see y'all got it all finished. SPA was a pleasure to work with. I wish i had had the time to use this manifold. Still thinking about going with a single setup.

Let me know if you do, i'll make you a special condition at the finished unit ;)

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
Well that got interesting quick, will we see some dyno results and videos with this manifold? Would be cool to see some evidence of what it can actually do.

Reactions: FelipeSpaTurbo

FelipeSpaTurbo

Jun 27, 2017
Ride
Well that got interesting quick, will we see some dyno results and videos with this manifold? Would be cool to see some evidence of what it can actually do.
for sure! as soon as we have some dyno results we'll be posting it

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
New kid? SPA has been around making BMW exhaust manifolds since the E36 was current. More of today's companies should follow suit to even dream about having such a business in 20 years. Whoring our parts to the penny pinchers won't get you there that's for sure.
It even says "since 1990" on the mani... and I was like "who's bragging about that, I was born before then... then I realized I'm getting old lol

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT
hey Guys, my name is Felipe, i work at the factory in Brazil, and worked on the development of the new TMB02 turbo manifold.
first i like to thanks doublespaces for asking me to join the Forum and to introduce our new manifold.
i also like to thanks for Blaster3500 for all the help on the development.
as you guys can see, the new manifold has a T3 flange, and a 44mm V-band WG Flange, it is not a true twin scroll, but it does has a division inside to help with the O2 sensors, and performance.
we didn't make it a true twin scroll due to restrictions with the WG port location, and the prototype of this manifold runs 800HP, so this is what we're looking for on this upgrade.
the manifold was developed and built, and is produced at our HQ in Sao Paulo, Brazil, as some here know, we've been on the performance business since 1990's, and we do have some other products for BMW already, like the E36 manifold, that was the very first cast manifold for a E36, and it won a award at SEMA 2006.Beside, we have the S54 manifold, released past year.
the guys at Maximum PSI have another unit for the N54 with them to install, tune and dyno it, so we are waiting for its results.
i'll be glad to answer to any questions on this new product and for anything else i can help with.
PS. i'm Brazilian, so, sorry for my english.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing results. I like the idea of a cast manifold and t3 inlet.

Reactions: FelipeSpaTurbo

FelipeSpaTurbo

Jun 27, 2017
Ride
ok Guys, lets make this really interesting:
i'm giving 20% off for the first 3 N54 manifolds sold to contacts from this thread.
if you want to be one of them, just mail me on [email protected] and tell about the discount and thread.
i have a limited stock in CA, so run to get yours from this first batch.
discount is valid for the manifold only, no shipping included.

Reactions: doublespaces