Readiness - Catalyst

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
Hey guys, would any of you who typically had the idle / cruise oscillation issue be able to work w/ us at MHD on a better fix to this?

We added these changes to the app as of 3.0x release, but after doing some more digging we are not happy with the inhibited lambda diagnostics / inability to set O2 / O2 heater readiness. So we would like to see if there is perhaps a better method. If you have WhatsApp, that would be preferable.

Thank you
Yeah I had the oscillations on I8A0S before working out how to deal with them on this forum; did a lot of digging into the docs. My state doesn't require emissions testing so it wasn't a big deal but if you need my help let me know.

335iN54

Lurker
Sep 4, 2021
Hey guys, would any of you who typically had the idle / cruise oscillation issue be able to work w/ us at MHD on a better fix to this?

We added these changes to the app as of 3.0x release, but after doing some more digging we are not happy with the inhibited lambda diagnostics / inability to set O2 / O2 heater readiness. So we would like to see if there is perhaps a better method. If you have WhatsApp, that would be preferable.

Thank you
So is the current V3 solution causing any issues and better to roll back to the previous versions until this is resolved?

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
Can you try flashing w/ MHD flash option set to OEM DP (this will remove the oscillation changes), and also set that Torque Eff table to 1.0 in the 13.x and 16.x AFR cells? That won't stop the lambda oscillation obviously, but I'm curious if it will stop the throttle oscillation during it at cruise.
Mine is stock too. I'll go ahead and try this tonight

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
Can you try flashing w/ MHD flash option set to OEM DP (this will remove the oscillation changes), and also set that Torque Eff table to 1.0 in the 13.x and 16.x AFR cells? That won't stop the lambda oscillation obviously, but I'm curious if it will stop the throttle oscillation during it at cruise.
I'm getting no oscillations during cruise. But I can't be sure it was the change you had us do. I'm going to look more into this and make sure everything else is reset back to stock. I'll also post a log soon.

KClemente

Corporal
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
I’m getting very obvious double helix oscillation during my cruise tests with the Eff table set to 1.0 at the requested cells