Readiness - Catalyst

Geoff

Lurker
Sep 24, 2022
What you have there isn't the same that others are suffering so the fixes that are incorporated into MHD aren't going to solve that.

It still looks like Lambda stimulation though so probably also caused by a diagnostic routine. Do you have any error codes?

If you unzip the file I've attached and drop it in the MHD root folder and go into the MHD logging settings you should now be able to log 3 extra channels. Bank 1 AFR Target, Bank 2 AFR Target and Bank 1 Stimulation. Tick these and also add the Fuel Mode parameter. Your next log should then give some additional detail. This will tell you exactly what AFR the DME is targeting and also the value of the diagnostic routines stimulation.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I posted 2 logs a long and short one. In the short one it happened.
Ok that's a routine that adds a loading onto the fuel trims to cause the change in lambda. You can see the dme target doesn't change at all.

I'll get some more parameters for you to try on the weekend when I'm home.

Geoff

Lurker
Sep 24, 2022
Ok that's a routine that adds a loading onto the fuel trims to cause the change in lambda. You can see the dme target doesn't change at all.

I'll get some more parameters for you to try on the weekend when I'm home.
Thanks!! For the help.

Geoff

Lurker
Sep 24, 2022
EAEA8E1F-639A-481F-B6EA-F9FD0685D078.jpeg
Thanks!! For the help.
Today I reset adaptations values with Inpa.
These were my values after a couple of drive cycles

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I have them. Because I reset intake mass flow it’s oké for now. Wait until it’s back or just make a log? And in low rpm again?
Doesn't matter too much. Just do a normal drive and log the whole thing, your commute would be fine.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Do you need the log. Or do you want to know what happens with bank1 to rich to lean.
Because they stay the whole time at 0
Log would be useful. If those flags show nothing then maybe the issue isn't with the DME but with the sensor signal coming from the O2 sensors.

Geoff

Lurker
Sep 24, 2022
I'm not seeing the same issue in that log. The AFR looks a little unsteady after the pull but not the same issue as you had earlier.

You'd need a log showing the swaying AFR readings sway in steady driving state.
Then I have to wait till it comes back and then make a log. Unfortunately it will.

Geoff

Lurker
Sep 24, 2022
Then I have to wait till it comes back and then make a log. Unfortunately it will.
By idling the o2 sensor
today my mechanic read the voltage values of the 02 sensor. After the cat the o2 sensors don’t give the same value. One stay’s 0.8 by idling and the other one fluctuates