RB1s, Wedgeperformance, E50 - Dyno and Logs attached - 455whp/488wtq

135itp

Private
Dec 6, 2018
Ride
09 135i n54 AT
Hey Guys,

Sharing some of my mods and feedback on my 09 135i N54 AT. 140k miles :sweatsmile:

3 pulls:
- 443whp/500wtq (air box lid removed)
- 455whp/488wtq
- 441whp/492wtq

Tune:
- Wedgeperformance Flexfuel MHD E50 Custom Tune

Mods:
- RB1s DIY turbos
- RB Inlets
- DPs
- Fuel It Stg2 Bucketless LPFP w/ Flexfuel lines/E sensor
- Drop in K&N Filter
- Ebay 5" Stepped FMIC w/ factory couplings
- Stette CP w/ Forged DVs
- XHP Stg3 Flashed AT
- N20 Spark Plugs .019 gap

Rob @ RBTurbo, above and beyond my expectations. Nothing but amazing customer service and product has been bullet proof for the last 5-8k miles. Communication back and forth are always quick too. Rob has me as a customer for life.

Ken @ Wedgeperformance, the car runs and drives fantastic. He is quick to reply back with map updates, the logs speak for themselves! During the tuning process i had my final map by the 6th revision. Answered all of my questions as well. Great guy and tuner.

Next on the list will be some meth, PR coils and a transmission cooler!

Overall, extremely happy with the experience I have from this forum and vendors. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• DYNO GRAPH.jpg
    DYNO GRAPH.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 330
  • datazap log.PNG
    datazap log.PNG
    45.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Looks like you may have had a bit of power left on the table not revving it out on the dyno

Looks like a solid setup

Bigfwop

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
Fort Myers
Ride
e92 335i
Great to hear man!! I’ve had my ones since December and they’ve been amazing. Seems a little low for an e50 map tho.
I have almost an identical setup minus the flex flash and had my latest pull at 453w and 531tq on a e25

-I see you don’t have Dp’s listed

My current setup as follows

Tune:
- Wedgeperformance MHD pump 93 Custom Tune

Mods:
- RB1s turbos
- RB Inlets
- Walbro 450 lpfp
- BMS dcis
- Catlass dp’s
- ARM 5" Stepped FMIC w/ factory couplings

I don’t know anyone else with ones so I’m interested to see your progress.

Next step for me is
Spec stage 3 clutch next week (yes I’m on stock and it is slipping)
And walnut blasting
upgraded hpfp in due time to run e50 or full

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
Keep in mind, OP is on a Mustang. Numbers on a Dynojet would be way higher. Power looks great.
I can't imagine wanting that much torque so low in revs but I'm sure it feels insane. Would be a disaster on a road course haha.

135itp

Private
Dec 6, 2018
Ride
09 135i n54 AT
Keep in mind, OP is on a Mustang. Numbers on a Dynojet would be way higher. Power looks great.
I can't imagine wanting that much torque so low in revs but I'm sure it feels insane. Would be a disaster on a road course haha.

Its amazing on the street, very DD friendly! Thanks! Was pretty excited to see these numbers on a Mustang :)

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Great results sir and thanks for sharing OP.

Also agree on the dyno numbers likely being more "realistic" being on a Mustang. Ultimately we do rate these turbos at 425-475whp, but on the right Dynojet and pushed to the moon we are sure they could do much more if wowing the masses is the sole intent. That wouldn't mean it would be recommended as we have larger offerings if loftier power goals are desired, there is no point in abusing smaller offerings when you can run a larger setup more efficiently and meet the goal. FWIW our power ratings are set such that literally anyone can achieve them and have been this way for years.

These are a great setup though for those looking for a significant power improvement over stock turbos but while retaining perfect reliability- all at a great price.

Rob

Last edited:

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Nice for a DD setup! I would recommend getting on that trans cooler ASAP! Also upgrade that FMIC when you get a chance. The cooling on these cars is often overlooked but imo makes all of the difference in longevity ! Let me know if I can be of any help!

Good Luck!
Z

Reactions: 135itp

135itp

Private
Dec 6, 2018
Ride
09 135i n54 AT
Thanks Z!

Update for everyone, car has about 5k miles more since this was first posted. About 7k miles total on the turbos. Zero issues, plenty of highway pulls, no oil burning and plenty of smiles

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i

This. Would likely be 500whp on Dynojet, must be a blast to drive.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
You can easily get 550hp on e50 with those turbos, I had the classics at one stage well over 650hp.

The IC is definitely holding you back and so is the fuel system, really depends on your final hp goal to pick the right one unless your happy with what you got.

135itp

Private
Dec 6, 2018
Ride
09 135i n54 AT
This. Would likely be 500whp on Dynojet, must be a blast to drive.
Yes it is a blast to drive. One quick downshift of the paddle and it takes off. Its just effortless

You can easily get 550hp on e50 with those turbos, I had the classics at one stage well over 650hp.

The IC is definitely holding you back and so is the fuel system, really depends on your final hp goal to pick the right one unless your happy with what you got.

I agree on the IC. It was a cheap $215 solution when i decided "FBO is fine for me" but not any longer. For the fuel system, I recently purchased the Helix OD so thats plenty, also purchased EVO 17t turbos from RB a few weeks ago, hoping the combination of these two will give me another 100whp and not completely stressing out any part on the car. Minus the AT :) . Winter build will be a slow and steady fun project. Need to make up my mind on a few other factors too.

Appreciate the feedback guys

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Why the turbo change and I am curious the diff in response as not alot have the first hand experience of sme exact setup except turbo. You will have valuable info

135itp

Private
Dec 6, 2018
Ride
09 135i n54 AT
Why the turbo change and I am curious the diff in response as not alot have the first hand experience of same exact setup except turbo. You will have valuable info

Id like to have more power with less e85 in the tank, wouldnt have to ring out the 1s as hard, less heat/stress on them...etc. i am curious on the response as well!

135itp

Private
Dec 6, 2018
Ride
09 135i n54 AT
any update on these I have the RB two plus going on very soon!

They were bullet proof! Ended up selling them because i wanted more power. See here

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
any update on these I have the RB two plus going on very soon!

Hell yeah! I am trying to decide between 17T GFs or Two Pluses.

They were bullet proof! Ended up selling them because i wanted more power. See here

Woooo! What a freaking result.

Reactions: 135itp