One Piece Driveshaft Specs for E92 335i 6MT with E92 M3 DCT Rear Diff

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Wait, are you saying you can choose to run any driveshaft you want regardless of what other people's opinions or personal preferences are? Fascinating concept.

Well i'm giving people my opinion on running a much heavier shaft which is a questionable preference as it would be better to run a refurbished and modified stock m3 shaft with a new guibo.

No one is here to make up their mind. This isn’t a for sale thread. He’s simply saying, “Hey, check out my new mod.” And the rest of us are here saying, “Wow! That’s pretty sick. Good job!”

He is showing a product and giving his opinion on it which I called the products necessity into question.

All I'm saying having a much heavier shaft is counterproductive and will cost you response, power and possible NVH in sacrifice of strength which is subjective.

In the end people can choose which way they want to go as I'm not selling anything either.

We have a 900+ hp car here running a stock factory full rubber quibo and a modified 2 piece shaft to suit an m3 rear end and it hasnt broken it yet.

So unless your breaking shafts I would not rush out to buy one and your better off refurbishing the stock one.

But for most running a much lighter shaft will be very productive and should see significant gains and in most cases be more than plenty strong for most applications.

Last edited:

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Well i'm giving people my opinion on running a much heavier shaft which is a questionable preference as it would be better to run a refurbished and modified stock m3 shaft with a new guibo.

He is showing a product and giving his opinion on it which I called the products necessity into question.

All I'm saying having a much heavier shaft is counterproductive and will cost you response, power and possible NVH in sacrifice of strength which is subjective.

In the end people can choose which way they want to go as I'm not selling anything either.

We have a 900+ hp car here running a stock factory full rubber quibo and a modified 2 piece shaft to suit an m3 rear end and it hasnt broken it yet.

So unless your breaking shafts I would not rush out to buy one and your better off refurbishing the stock one.

But for most running a much lighter shaft will be very productive and should see significant gains and in most cases be more than plenty strong for most applications.
No one is asking for your comparison though. It’s one thing to posit a question about why he went the way he did and then move on, but your debating him on the merits of him doing what he did. He chose it for a reason and that is all that matters at the end of the day. If you want to create your own thread to talk about how to choose a driveshaft based on your opinions, by all means.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and E92 420

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT

I've already stated, a few times actually, that I made calculated decisions (based on my preferences) to go the route I did. No way in hades did I ever consider modifying a stock shaft. Completely out of the question.

So, for one last time, none of YOUR "cons" were/are a concern of MINE during the decision making process nor are they now. Actually, the biggest concern was NHV and that wasn't affected.

My car is significantly more responsive now with extremely minimal, if any, increase in NHV so I dont know wtf you're talking about. I'm also running a Spool 3x Helix with Motiv Flex Fuel e50 with 100% custom port meth injection so "loss of power" was never a concern of mine. Plus I'm 6MT with a Motiv clutch so power transfer is much more efficient than a 6AT, which means I can run less boost for the same amount of power to the wheels. This car is so much more athletic now. This is, by far, one of the best mods, in my opinion of course, I've done to this car over the last 10 years.

Based on your post history, you're just one of those dudes that likes to hear himself talk, be the community SME on all things and drops into everybody's threads just to shit things up, just like you're doing here. Nobody summoned you for your opinion. As The Convert stated, this is simply a show-n-tell thread, not a you should do what I did or what you did was wrong thread.

This all boils down to user preference. I think what I did is titties and you think what you did is titties so how bout you go start your own thread about how what you did was titties and stop shitting mine up?

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and E92 420

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
By posting his mod and you guys saying, “Wow! That’s pretty sick. Good job!” does not mean it is.

Just because something looks good does not mean it is and posting in a public forum expect to be criticised for any questionable modifications.

Posting wrong weight info of the stock shaft misrepresents the new product as a performance upgrade.

You guys are saying its not a for sale thread but indirectly it is by posting how you can get it and where you can order it.

I'm not shitting on the product at all and if you informed yourself and posted all the info properly and not omit certain key info we would not be here right now.

So im going to keep summoning myself to threads just like this and I love listening to my self talk as I'm my own best friend as I entertain good judgement
which some of you lack LOL.

Btw if you like driving a ticking time bomb on the street that is your choice, I just hope you don't hurt yourself or others by your poor choice in modifications.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Btw if you like driving a ticking time bomb on the street that is your choice, I just hope you don't hurt yourself or others by your poor choice in modifications.

I never realized this was such a dangerous modification!

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT
By posting his mod and you guys saying, “Wow! That’s pretty sick. Good job!” does not mean it is.

Just because something looks good does not mean it is and posting in a public forum expect to be criticised for any questionable modifications.

Posting wrong weight info of the stock shaft misrepresents the new product as a performance upgrade.

You guys are saying its not a for sale thread but indirectly it is by posting how you can get it and where you can order it.

I'm not shitting on the product at all and if you informed yourself and posted all the info properly and not omit certain key info we would not be here right now.

So im going to keep summoning myself to threads just like this and I love listening to my self talk as I'm my own best friend as I entertain good judgement
which some of you lack LOL.

Again, I don't care about your unsolicited opinion or personal assessment on what I've done with my car. I said you were shitting up my thread, not on the product but I'll be sure to notify DSS that some crank wank on an internet forum disapproves of their product and considers it to be questionable. Please feel free to conduct your own destructive testing analysis on all 3 driveshafts, publish a white paper on the results and post a link in this thread to the publication. Until then, it's all conjecture so bugger off.

Poor choice of modifications? That's rich coming from someone running that black turned orange piece of shit CTS oil filter housing that has known high pressure bypass issues.

I've been driving this "ticking time bomb" all over the street for 10 years now and have yet to have one issue related to my "poor choice of mods" so I reject that statement altogether. All N54s are ticking time bombs man. Some of us just like testing limits so don't hate on me just because you're a nancy.

I also see that you screen who can view your profile. More douchebaggery. Nicely done. What are you trying to hide, that you're a douche? Too late. Secrets out.
Btw, thanks for being the mod police. I bet you're a fooken blast at parties.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I never said it was questionable, as i said its a strengh mod and not performance because you misrepresented it in the weight department.

I can give all the unsolicited opinions I like as its a public forum any one can join and if you want a fan club where everyone agrees with you
go and start one, anyone can comment and criticize you for what you done just like you have done on many occasions in the past.

Just because you don't like the comments you get all defensive and berate me along side the small army of the forum militia.

You and the rest of the militia cant carry a decent argument if your life depended on it.

Just shows the maturity on these forums.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Oops! We ran into some problems.
This member limits who may view their full profile.

Who the fucks does that? I never knew you could do that and I can't imagine a reason anyone would want to.

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT
I never said it was questionable, as i said its a strengh mod and not performance because you misrepresented it in the weight department.

I can give all the unsolicited opinions I like as its a public forum any one can join and if you want a fan club where everyone agrees with you
go and start one, anyone can comment and criticize you for what you done just like you have done on many occasions in the past.

Just because you don't like the comments you get all defensive and berate me along side the small army of the forum militia.

You and the rest of the militia cant carry a decent argument if your life depended on it.

Just shows the maturity on these forums.

There is no argument to be made. This is strictly difference of opinion plus you changed the subject by calling some other of my mods into question so please pray tell.

Also, how many products have you developed and released for this platform? I know exactly how to have a constructive debate regarding the design and implementation of a performance upgrade. I’m just not having one here.

If it’s the helix you’re referring to, I’m running the billet housing and bracket. I’ve also tested the braking performance without the boost assist with no issues but it helps when you’re running a Brembo GT BBK on all 4 corners. I guess that’s another one of my poor modification decisions.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Excuse me? Mr. the m18 valve cover will heat up the fuel lines and degrade performance and the VTT cover is a better design because the fuel lines will not heat up? Can we PLEASE have a decent argument about that and that asinine statement you made.

I agree, you must be a blast at parties.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Again, I don't care about your unsolicited opinion or personal assessment on what I've done with my car. I said you were shitting up my thread, not on the product but I'll be sure to notify DSS that some crank wank on an internet forum disapproves of their product and considers it to be questionable. Please feel free to conduct your own destructive testing analysis on all 3 driveshafts, publish a white paper on the results and post a link in this thread to the publication. Until then, it's all conjecture so bugger off.

Poor choice of modifications? That's rich coming from someone running that black turned orange piece of shit CTS oil filter housing that has known high pressure bypass issues.

I've been driving this "ticking time bomb" all over the street for 10 years now and have yet to have one issue related to my "poor choice of mods" so I reject that statement altogether. All N54s are ticking time bombs man. Some of us just like testing limits so don't hate on me just because you're a nancy.

I also see that you screen who can view your profile. More douchebaggery. Nicely done. What are you trying to hide, that you're a douche? Too late. Secrets out.
Btw, thanks for being the mod police. I bet you're a fooken blast at parties.

You brought your mods into the thread I just commented on your poor choices and like you said its a difference of opinion but you need to resort to name calling because you cant carry a proper conversation.

Excuse me? Mr. the m18 valve cover will heat up the fuel lines and degrade performance and the VTT cover is a better design because the fuel lines will not heat up? Can we PLEASE have a decent argument about that and that asinine statement you made.

I agree, you must be a blast at parties.

I still stand by that statement, have you tested it because I have and the m18 cover has been removed since then and sold off on
a customers car and now runs perfectly when ever the temp exceeds 100f.

See I have something that can back up my statements but arguing with people like you is pointless and best left alone.

BTW I 'am a hoot at a party especially in the solo ones as I'm a one man show.

When you live in a climate that sees temps well in excess of 100f on a daily basis every deg counts even when the difference can
be quite small.

All the cars I've built and helped tune have no timing pull on 93 and can be driven as hard as you like at over 100f without issue
using no meth and no e85 and delivering almost the same power output +/- 10 rwk.

Here is my car in 43c or 113f no meth and no e85, straight 93, in oz every deg counts and small deg changes can be the difference.

Screenshot_20200307-052222.jpg

• Dumb

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
You brought your mods into the thread I just commented on your poor choices and like you said its a difference of opinion but you need to resort to name calling because you cant carry a proper conversation.

I still stand by that statement, have you tested it because I have and the m18 cover has been removed since then and sold off on
a customers car and now runs perfectly when ever the temp exceeds 100f.

See I have something that can back up my statements but arguing with people like you is pointless and best left alone.

BTW I 'am a hoot at a party especially in the solo ones as I'm a one man show.

When you live in a climate that sees temps well in excess of 100f on a daily basis every deg counts even when the difference can
be quite small.

All the cars I've built and helped tune have no timing pull on 93 and can be driven as hard as you like at over 100f without issue
using no meth and no e85 and delivering almost the same power output +/- 10 rwk.

Here is my car in 43c or 113f no meth and no e85, straight 93, in oz every deg counts and small deg changes can be the difference.

View attachment 35710
Jus t start your own thread ffs.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
If Torgus wants to drop an ill informed comment I'll respond where ever it needs to be

Last edited:
  • Dumb

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Maturity at its finest.

You asked for a decent argument, I give it to you and you respond with neg rep.

This is how keyboard warriors do their thing on forums and cant be taken seriously.

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT
Maturity at its finest.

You asked for a decent argument, I give it to you and you respond with neg rep.

This is how keyboard warriors do their thing on forums and cant be taken seriously.

Probably because we're taken seriously in our real lives so we don't have to be taken seriously on a stupid internet forum of no consequence. It's Friday man, go have some whisky, go chase some skirts.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Is that why I can't keep up production with my orders lol.

The only ones that are not taken seriously here is the ones that cant argue a decent discussion without resorting to name calling, berating the
ones that can and misusing the rep system LOL.

• Dislike
Reactions: The Convert

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT
Is that why I can't keep up production with my orders lol.

The only ones that are not taken seriously here is the ones that cant argue a decent discussion without resorting to name calling, berating the
ones that can and misusing the rep system LOL.

Again, I'm not here to be taken "seriously". Damn dude you seriously have a flat learning curve to be such a self proclaimed savant.
I argue corporate positions and strategy everyday at work. Why tf would I need or want to do that on my personal time too, especially with some e-persona?
You are obviously here out of some incessant need to feel validated. I'm just not going to participate in that.