MEVD17.2 emulation in development

Sbrach

Corporal
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
N55 DCT E82
I've gotten pretty used to tuner pro. The interface isn't the best but it works. I know a lot of people complained coming over to MHD/TunerPro from Cobb though.

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
Ride
Everything
A
I've gotten pretty used to tuner pro. The interface isn't the best but it works. I know a lot of people complained coming over to MHD/TunerPro from Cobb though.
A lot don't like it and pros are bemused that I am using it. Short of writing my own, I have no other option. Before writing my own I want to design some hardware, do VAG and crack some flashing protocols. So maybe 2020.

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
I mean tunerpro is more enthusiast than most but also pretty diy and rough. For what it is it's very powerful as you can build and fully edit the definitions and it's separate from the bin (can be useful, albeit annoying at times), you can configure live tuning, edit everything including data logging parameters. I actually like the data logging interface since you can customize the axis. Have you thought about getting that working?

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
Ride
Everything
I have logging running at over 10000 items per second (not through DCAN lol) on the DME, but not written the TunerPro data acq module yet.

Sbrach

Corporal
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
N55 DCT E82
Is there another free DME input we can use in addition to the one you are using for ethanol content? Would be nice to add a LPFP pressure sensor and log.

• Agree
Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
Ride
Everything
There possibly is. I wondered about making a device to add more IO through CAN.

Flex fuel and realtime appear to be working in car.

Reactions: Sbrach

Sbrach

Corporal
Oct 2, 2017
Ride
N55 DCT E82
That's awesome you have it running off the bench.

A separate device would be interesting, I'm guess you would be able to log existing channels at much higher resolution as well?

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
Ride
Everything
Have been working on adding logging to this. It works on the ECU, it is the Tuner Pro RT DAQ dll that I need to finish. Because it communicates on 4 different CAN IDs, driven by two Tuner Pro RT threads, and the J2534 interface is single threaded, I need to do it carefully so that logging and emulation play together nicely. Not got anything done this week as in bed ill and was only any use for watching three films back to back, which I never do.

However, the goal is live graphing, tracing, tables, and logging speeds which will be mind blowing compared to what most expect of OEM ECUs.

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
Ride
Everything
Yes it is running great in the car. I moved onto adding the data logging because I was happy. I do not have ethanol here or a sensor but was able to test lots on the bench with resistor instead of ECA.

I am finding the project is stretching me really hard in a good way.

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
Ride
Everything
N54 getting similar flex fuel. But the emulation and data logging might be difficult.