Maxx ecu standalone n54

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I am, actual sleeves or the closed deck insert?
I'm more interested in the cylinder support solutions sleeves I still want to be able to street drive the car with no temperature increases. Closed deck insert from what I've heard your typically see higher oil and coolant temperatures

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Post some dynos I want to see the torque curve. The DI is a pain in the ass but you got rid of basically the only good thing about this motor.
If you are going PI why not just use literally any other motor that’s infinitely better for a drag car?

I plugged my head with same turbo before and after (6466) and imo there was no noticeable torque difference. From the papers i read and dyno tuning on other cars you might expect about 5% maybe a bit more benefit while the intake valve is open. If your running e85 then what the injectors can spray on intake only is obviously more limited then race fuel.

Imo the biggest benefit of DI is pushing sh8t fuel further than it would otherwise be capable of. The other thing is with the port injectors positioned further back than a head designed for PI the slower transient response is noticeable at low revs, as in throttle blip below 2000rpm. Not an issue for any motorsport.

On the flip side, I've had my longest trouble free n54 since I dumped that sh8t and halved my tuning headaches.

TJ Jrackers

Private
Dec 9, 2016
Very interested in this, I'm planning on doing the same with a MaxxECU on my single turbo 135i weekend toy in the next month or so as I'm tired of all the DI and MSD81 issues.

What did you do wiring harness wise? Remove the stock connectors and add the MaxxECU connectors?
Would you be willing to share your pinouts at all?

Does the dash work as normal? From talking to MaxxECU support the two main problems atm is the odometer and oil level don't work?

Any info you have would be very welcome

Last edited:

STE92

Corporal
Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92
I'm more interested in the cylinder support solutions sleeves I still want to be able to street drive the car with no temperature increases. Closed deck insert from what I've heard your typically see higher oil and coolant temperatures
This is not true... I have css block had zero issues with oil or coolant temps. I actually stop using sport mode because car wouldnt warm up completely. I do have new water pump/ CSF radiator/ CSF front mounted oil coolers and run 70% water 30% coolant.

Also OP, what cost of maxx ecu?

Reactions: vonhassen

TJ Jrackers

Private
Dec 9, 2016
Very interested in this, I'm planning on doing the same with a MaxxECU on my single turbo 135i weekend toy in the next month or so as I'm tired of all the DI and MSD81 issues.

What did you do wiring harness wise? Remove the stock connectors and add the MaxxECU connectors?

Does the dash work as normal? From talking to MaxxECU support the two main problems atm is the odometer and oil level don't work?

Any progress or info on this?

Eracer76

Private
Feb 9, 2017
Ride
2009 Z4 35i

+2 Have you had any luck moving forward with the MaxxECU??
I'm also starting to look into standalone options for my single turbo Z4 thats been heavily stripped down... all the side power windows/ power roof and system is gone/ factory seats/ all airbags / DSC/ EDC/ iDrive system/ AC system/ factory gas tank, and is running a fuel cell on 100% E85...
So needless to say, I'm tired of dealing with all the error codes and the DI and PI combo using the JB4 w/BEF cluster F*&$

I see Ghassan offers the AEM Infinity 506 as a plug in play, but now they're running the Fueltech FT600 in their own car, and now this MaxxECU looks good too.

Last edited:

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
He's posted a few videos on his Instagram sendit_e90 of it running. Ghassan switched to FuelTech because it's geared towards drag racing and is better for his setup. If you are looking at a standalone I would download the software and play around with it to see if you like it, write down your I/O's, find a tuner if you're not going to tune it yourself, and see what matches your needs. MaxxECU and AEM are probably the best ones if you are looking for plug and play and a base map if ditching DI. There's a few people running ECUMaster and Haltech as well.