EKP Active Cooling

pbondar

Sergeant
May 30, 2020
I got the stg 2.5 lpfp with walbro 535. I've read the 525 is harder on ekp and that the 535 draws slightly less amps than 525 pump.

They're the same ekps just different amazon vendors I believe. Et3 ekp is the only one that's been physically upgraded. Now how much longer will et3 last compared to the others idk. But For the price of et3 stg 2 you could buy minimum 7 if not 8 $50 eBay ekps, Which seems to last for many people with upgraded pumps about a year.
Well I guess I’ve got all bases covered..got 5 eBay EKPs AND a ET3 unit..I think the good news is that the EKP on Z4 E89s is bolted to a metal bodywork structure in the boot (trunk)…so heat conduction plus convection much better than other E series cars?

Reactions: BryaN54

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I got the stg 2.5 lpfp with walbro 535. I've read the 525 is harder on ekp and that the 535 draws slightly less amps than 525 pump.

They're the same ekps just different amazon vendors I believe. Et3 ekp is the only one that's been physically upgraded. Now how much longer will et3 last compared to the others idk. But For the price of et3 stg 2 you could buy minimum 7 if not 8 $50 eBay ekps, Which seems to last for many people with upgraded pumps about a year.
I actually did some sleuthing on this. Here's what I determined. I didn't do the 525 simply because it's amperage requirements make it a non-starter with the EKP. The 450 is right on edge, and the 535 has a bit of headroom:

• Informative
Reactions: wheela and BryaN54

BryaN54

Jan 5, 2021
I actually did some sleuthing on this. Here's what I determined. I didn't do the 525 simply because it's amperage requirements make it a non-starter with the EKP. The 450 is right on edge, and the 535 has a bit of headroom:

Right on that was a great read! 👍 My goal is 500whp on di only hopefully with no hpfp overdrive system or belt driven high pressure pump on hopefully just 93oct

BryaN54

Jan 5, 2021
So basically he gives you two options cut existing wires or you can upgrade wires up to 10g. He doesn't provide any wires with the kit this is all you get, idk about the Welch's tho my mom always told me not to eat candy from strangers.
Because of the warranty sticker I don't think I will open it yet. I see how he's done it tho the terminal block is on its own PCB with what looks like 10g direct to board. Construction is better than expected. Curious if his 2nd PCB for terminal block has any components on it or possibly it's how he wires the fan into the circuit.

20230118_143109.jpg

20230118_144104.jpg
20230118_144234.jpg
20230118_144336.jpg
20230118_144140.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus and wheela

BryaN54

Jan 5, 2021
My ekpm2 still works just wanted to upgrade to ekpm3 so I can apply voltage fix since I have iDrive and I don't want warnings on it and hopefully this will be a good permanent solution for me since my goals are just 500whp.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
My ekpm2 still works just wanted to upgrade to ekpm3 so I can apply voltage fix since I have iDrive and I don't want warnings on it and hopefully this will be a good permanent solution for me since my goals are just 500whp.
We should run it sometime. I make 500 too my cars manual tho.

Reactions: BryaN54

Asmo

Private
Aug 23, 2020

You can apply voltage fix on ekpm2, you don't have to upgrade to ekpm3

BryaN54

Jan 5, 2021
After weeks I have completed gathering all the miscellaneous shit to complete my lp fuel system upgrades. I needed to buy so much supplies since ET3 designs doesn't provide any wiring with their ekp upgrade. ET3 also doesn't include much information in the instructions on how to do the new upgraded wiring for it so I had to do some research, with that I discovered that I could use one of the unoccupied Mak8 terminals on the battery's power distribution box for the B+ input power. this provides a more oem+ install and only $25 CAD at the local dealer onto my budget. I bought the last one in Canada atm according to the dealership lol. With the battery to ekp connection done, I then looked into where the factory ekp ground is located for my e93 its behind the rear seats door card/armrest piece. Next i'll need the output power from ekp to the fuel pump with completely no instruction on how to do this connection , and with melting top hats being an issue I know I couldn't use the oem connection. So I deleted the factory connection and added fuel safe radium engineering bulkhead terminals. This required drilling my brand new PR Stg 2.5 lpfp, something that is mentioned nowhere in the instructions lol. I have Two pairs on +/- left if anyone would like a pair of terminals. To go along with the precision lpfp I bought their upgraded fuel lines and the new v2 FPR and filter. I am using 6mm OD Teflon (PTFE) tubing and push fit connectors into my charge pipes NTP fitting for boost reference.

Attachments

• outtank.jpg
    outtank.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 40
  • intank.jpg
    intank.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 48
  • frp.jpg
    frp.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 47
  • et3ekp3.jpg
    et3ekp3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Torgus

xargentum

Feb 10, 2023
Ride
BMW E93 335i
I have an E93, and I have done this kind of setup, cooling is very good. No problem with Walbro 535 ✌️

Attachments

• IMG_20220328_162622.jpg
    IMG_20220328_162622.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20220328_162631.jpg
    IMG_20220328_162631.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: Torgus and BryaN54

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
After weeks I have completed gathering all the miscellaneous shit to complete my lp fuel system upgrades. I needed to buy so much supplies since ET3 designs doesn't provide any wiring with their ekp upgrade. ET3 also doesn't include much information in the instructions on how to do the new upgraded wiring for it so I had to do some research, with that I discovered that I could use one of the unoccupied Mak8 terminals on the battery's power distribution box for the B+ input power. this provides a more oem+ install and only $25 CAD at the local dealer onto my budget. I bought the last one in Canada atm according to the dealership lol. With the battery to ekp connection done, I then looked into where the factory ekp ground is located for my e93 its behind the rear seats door card/armrest piece. Next i'll need the output power from ekp to the fuel pump with completely no instruction on how to do this connection , and with melting top hats being an issue I know I couldn't use the oem connection. So I deleted the factory connection and added fuel safe radium engineering bulkhead terminals. This required drilling my brand new PR Stg 2.5 lpfp, something that is mentioned nowhere in the instructions lol. I have Two pairs on +/- left if anyone would like a pair of terminals. To go along with the precision lpfp I bought their upgraded fuel lines and the new v2 FPR and filter. I am using 6mm OD Teflon (PTFE) tubing and push fit connectors into my charge pipes NTP fitting for boost reference.
Nice work. I'd suggest a fuel-safe locking compound (I believe loctitte blue 242 is fuel tolerant but check) on those nuts.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and BryaN54

BryaN54

Jan 5, 2021
Used this stuff to seal my bed plate. Works wonders
Yeah, it look like a good match for my application. I was looking into other sealents too but since I only needed a little bit and anaerobic sealent has a crazy long shelf life I picked that one since if I ever needed to use it again it wouldn't be dried up on me.