DBV2 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Andy told me he could make an adapter to move it a bit. But yes, an entire relocation kit would be ideal but also pretty involved. Where do you suggest it be moved?

It currently causes compromise or plumbing limitations on bottom kits so I fully support this idea.
I think @DOC_Race should make a kit to put it under their intake manifold. When you run a FF intake there is lots of room under there and that would open up a LOT of room on the turbo side.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I think @DOC_Race should make a kit to put it under their intake manifold. When you run a FF intake there is lots of room under there and that would open up a LOT of room on the turbo side.

Yeah top of the engine would be ideal...not sure if it is worth the hassle of relocating everything though...

Reactions: John@DBV2

STE92

Corporal
Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92
This kit looks like it has a lot of potential to be just what our platform needs. JP workz and on3 were great for being cheap options but other than that didn't really have anything going for em. This kit looks like it could be a great balance between being affordable and still quality. With a bottom mount, twin scroll design, and garret GTX3582R gen 2 based turbo, it brings something to the table for sure. The T3 flange and single wastegate are what make the kit affordable without compromising quality. Def interested on seeing how this plays out, I bet it will sell very well and will be a great addition to the single turbo market.

I personally have been talking to John on facebook a lot recently, and just wanted to vouch for him being a good guy. You can tell he is a fellow enthusiast who loves cars and isn't trying to hide anything. before this kit was introduced ive seen his name on countless facebook threads and comments in various n54 / 135i pages as just an enthusiast rather than a now vender, so its nice to know he's not just a guy coming out of nowhere. He's been around and active in our community for a while even if some have not noticed him.

For me personally, I still kinda have my heart set on Doc Race, but I am staying open minded and gonna wait to see how this kit plays out. I definitely have a lot of respect for what this kit stands for and brings to the table tho

What are u talking about jp top mount a bunch well over the 700hp and a few on the 900+ range lol on3 fitment is great just shitty hardware, change all that and easy 700whp

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
What are u talking about jp top mount a bunch well over the 700hp and a few on the 900+ range lol on3 fitment is great just shitty hardware, change all that and easy 700whp

I just said they dont have have a whole lot going for them, other than being cheap. their isnt really much pros (if any) about either kit other than the price point. JP workz has countless people saying they got scammed, and extremely long wait time and even fitment complaints. overall JP workz is very high risk from what I have seen. On3 is a chinese turbo... so your'd have to swap out the hardware and get a good turbo and then your edging towards what a doc race kit would just cost straight up. like I said these kits dont really have anything going for them other than being cheap

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
You have to ask yourself if the sysyem will bleed properly when you've got an electronic thermostat and you raise that stuff up above the lower radiator outlet(inlet?). I think simply moving it forward would be most realistic. The fab factory is pretty niche

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
You have to ask yourself if the sysyem will bleed properly when you've got an electronic thermostat and you raise that stuff up above the lower radiator outlet(inlet?). I think simply moving it forward would be most realistic. The fab factory is pretty niche

It'll bleed just fine above the lower inlet. It just can't go above the upper inlet without trouble. Every old school engine with a manual water pump had the pump mounted well above the lower radiator inlet. Generally most old school V8's had their pump in the general location our vacuum pump is now.

• Agree
Reactions: camberadam

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Change all that and you could have just bought a better kit lol the manifold itself from JP isn’t good and the business speaks for itself. I’m not one to talk badly about other vendors but everyone knows to stay away from them. You want to do business with a company like Doc Race or Motiv. Those guys deliver, they don’t just take your money and disappear for months.

Reactions: Clean WHP and berns

STE92

Corporal
Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92
Change all that and you could have just bought a better kit lol the manifold itself from JP isn’t good and the business speaks for itself. I’m not one to talk badly about other vendors but everyone knows to stay away from them. You want to do business with a company like Doc Race or Motiv. Those guys deliver, they don’t just take your money and disappear for months.

Definitively not supporting or condoning the way he conducts his business, I can only speak for my experience with the product itself. The manifold was welded correctly and the materiel use is of good quality(maybe got lucky) Had my setup running for half the price of the more expensive brands and can easily reach high hp numbers if that’s what I wanted. My turbo spools fast and I’m happy with it. But if he wasn’t close to me, I wouldn’t run the chance of buying jp kit. So hopefully we can see this kit take off and a seller that back up there product. I personally have met and talk to him, very nice guy just not enough to vouch for anybody off just a conversation.

N54QC

Corporal
Aug 17, 2017
Ride
07 E90 335i
Definitively not supporting or condoning the way he conducts his business, I can only speak for my experience with the product itself. The manifold was welded correctly and the materiel use is of good quality(maybe got lucky) Had my setup running for half the price of the more expensive brands and can easily reach high hp numbers if that’s what I wanted. My turbo spools fast and I’m happy with it. But if he wasn’t close to me, I wouldn’t run the chance of buying jp kit. So hopefully we can see this kit take off and a seller that back up there product. I personally have met and talk to him, very nice guy just not enough to vouch for anybody off just a conversation.
Maybe the reason you got your kit, in range for confrontation in case things didn't come through!

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Hey guys, we are looking for one more Beta Test car, we can talk about it and work out a good deal. Message me on Facebook at John Gillis Jr. or message my phone at 416 768 8074 if you are interested in getting something for yourself.

Thanks!

Bumbleb

Private
Nov 3, 2016
Florida
Hey guys, we are looking for one more Beta Test car, we can talk about it and work out a good deal. Message me on Facebook at John Gillis Jr. or message my phone at 416 768 8074 if you are interested in getting something for yourself.

Thanks!

I literally bought twins a couple of days ago after being tired of waiting for these bottom mount kits to come out. I said this would happen.

• Funny

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT

None of that matters. Jpworks / Shaudfab / Darrel Casteel is a fraud end of story.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Also I find it funny that people are willing to vouch for someone after just a conversation. Plenty of smooth talkers on this platform have taken people for a ride. Hell look at AJ.

Back on topic though, this kit does look promising if it fits and the parts stand up to longevity testing.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Also I find it funny that people are willing to vouch for someone after just a conversation. Plenty of smooth talkers on this platform have taken people for a ride. Hell look at AJ.

Back on topic though, this kit does look promising if it fits and the parts stand up to longevity testing.

Well hopefully we are able to earn your trust as well.

I’d love for you to check out our fabricator on Instagram if you have it @mattmorgadoo
You can see the type of quality he puts out even in the photos. He’s probably the only reason this kit is becoming something, his skill and experience in the industry is second to none. I don’t think there is a local or international level/locally built race car he hasn’t touched at this point. We also chose TurboSmart Wastegate and Vibrant flanges because we believe they are the highest quality possibly.

As far as our turbo quality goes, we use OEM+ quality components. We do not use Chinese CHRA’s or wheels in anything as they do not hold up over time and abuse and are not worth purchasing. These are legit quality built units and we have a huge range of customization available for them at the customers request. There’s no reason I’m doing this project other than to just make something badass for guys like myself who are tired of seeing terrible vendors and scammers take over this platform/community.

So for whatever it’s worth, you’ve got my full assurance that I’ll go as far as possible to be completely honest and fair with every person I come into contact with. And it’s now online for everyone to troll if I mess up lmao

Reactions: JBacon335

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Well hopefully we are able to earn your trust as well.

I’d love for you to check out our fabricator on Instagram if you have it @mattmorgadoo
You can see the type of quality he puts out even in the photos. He’s probably the only reason this kit is becoming something, his skill and experience in the industry is second to none. I don’t think there is a local or international level/locally built race car he hasn’t touched at this point. We also chose TurboSmart Wastegate and Vibrant flanges because we believe they are the highest quality possibly.

As far as our turbo quality goes, we use OEM+ quality components. We do not use Chinese CHRA’s or wheels in anything as they do not hold up over time and abuse and are not worth purchasing. These are legit quality built units and we have a huge range of customization available for them at the customers request. There’s no reason I’m doing this project other than to just make something badass for guys like myself who are tired of seeing terrible vendors and scammers take over this platform/community.

So for whatever it’s worth, you’ve got my full assurance that I’ll go as far as possible to be completely honest and fair with every person I come into contact with. And it’s now online for everyone to troll if I mess up lmao

When linking Instagram accounts outside of instagram, I always remind people to use the hyperlink version so people can click instead of searching because everyone loves to be lazy: https://www.instagram.com/mattmorgadoo

• Agree

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
completed runners!

DF3D24A0-472A-4C47-A55D-F17EAFACA2CC.png

2E351FDA-C459-42F3-86B4-FC1D45530F26.png

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Are the circles on top for o2 bungs or wastegate flanges? Sorry if missed your plans for the gates

Edit: nvm I went back a page and see it.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Those circles look to be wastegate ports.

Are you going to do one wastgate or two? recirc or dump tubes?

How's the compressor inlet / outlet going to be routed? Are you going to use a custom motor mount arm or fab the downpipe to go around the stock one?