DBV2 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Folks, he's just sharing something he's working on. If I remove the vendor tag from him would that suddenly make it okay in someone's mind? If this was a personal project, nobody would have any problems with it, but since there is awareness that our money might be involved, we think we have internet rights and shit. Let him show what he's got until he's asking for money. Once that happens yes, there are many expectations.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Personally, a divided T3 might be exactly what this market needs. We have PLENTY of attempts and entries in the tubular T4 segment. A single kit that is tailored to the sub 700hp range would probably find success. These cars are shit for reliability over that power level anyway.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Thank you, I appreciate the support. That’s precisely what we’re trying for, just a very responsive kit, for the average guy trying to make some power. Something new and fresh. Not everyone needs 800whp nor do they know how to keep themselves out of danger with that much power on hand.

Anyways, Fred and I spoke personally. We’re on the same page and I think, seems like a good guy with good intent. We can move along happily.

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Be careful where you place your wastegates on that bottom mount. Options are scarce and you will most likely get boost creep if not designed well.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Be careful where you place your wastegates on that bottom mount. Options are scarce and you will most likely get boost creep if not designed well.
We’re actually doing a unique setup on the wastegate, you’ll see very soon :)

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Yes, I spoke with John. I wasn't too far off, but, my comments weren't nessesary or relative to the future of DBV2 or this product.

I hope these prove to have good fitment at a good price.

I just bought another n54 that needs turbo's. And I love this idea. Just throwing that out there john.

Well we need testers ;) keep in touch!

PUTC

Corporal
Oct 14, 2017
Ride
08 335xi
Definitely looking forward to more info on this. I always like seeing this process and the enginuity that goes into it. This seems likely to be a much better price point also. I’d love to see a full kit ready to go under 3k. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: John@DBV2

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Definitely looking forward to more info on this. I always like seeing this process and the enginuity that goes into it. This seems likely to be a much better price point also. I’d love to see a full kit ready to go under 3k. Keep up the good work.

Unfortunately due to complexity of the manifold and the parts included, it will be around $4500 most likely depending on a few final details. Only kits that could be that cheap would be something cast and I don’t have that capability. But remember this includes a Ball Bearing turbo and all high quality fittings, lines and the like. It’s not cheap to make. I’m trying my best to keep it affordable though.

I appreciate your interest and feedback though, stay tuned.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
What do you mean by you make turbos now, and will be doing the turbos for these kits? Your OP mentioned they will be Garrett units.

PUTC

Corporal
Oct 14, 2017
Ride
08 335xi
Nothing is cheap, well I am, lol!!! I still love seeing this process, hopefully I won’t be a broke bi*%# forever and can get something someday soon. Either way, I love seeing this because it’s something I would love to be able to do myself. Fabrication has to be a difficult and frustratingly fun project to do

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Nothing is cheap, well I am, lol!!! I still love seeing this process, hopefully I won’t be a broke bi*%# forever and can get something someday soon. Either way, I love seeing this because it’s something I would love to be able to do myself. Fabrication has to be a difficult and frustratingly fun project to do
Haha I prefer the term fiscally responsible. Luckily the shop we work with takes the brunt of the hard work. But yes, it’s been a really long process to make everything fit perfect as possible.

• Funny
Reactions: PUTC

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
What do you mean by you make turbos now, and will be doing the turbos for these kits? Your OP mentioned they will be Garrett units.
3582 and 3584 custom built turbos. My turbo will be a 3582 with the compressor housing CNC machined to fit a 3584 size wheel in a 6+6 blade configuration. We can do many different configurations. All depends on what the customer wants.

boostE92d

Corporal
Jan 9, 2018
Houston TX
Ride
12 335is
This looks promising, to say the least. My want is strong for an affordable bottom mount. I think a log mani would fit my needs to be honest. We'll see, in for numbers on this kit.

Reactions: John@DBV2

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i
@John@DBV2 - any thought to having a manifold cast for your kit? I know one has been promised for several years from another source...

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
@John@DBV2 - any thought to having a manifold cast for your kit? I know one has been promised for several years from another source...

Unfortunately due to complexity of the manifold and the parts included, it will be around $4500 most likely depending on a few final details. Only kits that could be that cheap would be something cast and I don’t have that capability.