DBV2 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
@John@DBV2 - any thought to having a manifold cast for your kit? I know one has been promised for several years from another source...
While I think cast manifolds are probably the future of affordable kits, for me there is something about a beautifully crafted manifold that I’ll never be able to refuse. Also I don’t have the ability or access to castings.

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i

So - you're saying there is a huge opportunity for a stand alone, cost effective, cast bottom mount manifold....interesting.

Bigdaddyaaron

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
USA
I know you want the quick response of a bb unit to cater to your objective, but you'd be missing a lot of sales from people who are more budget concious and are ok with a jb chra. *ahem* me *ahem*
A gtw (for those who want it) would bring your price down a good amount and broden your customer base

Reactions: John@DBV2

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I know you want the quick response of a bb unit to cater to your objective, but you'd be missing a lot of sales from people who are more budget concious and are ok with a jb chra. *ahem* me *ahem*
A gtw (for those who want it) would bring your price down a good amount and broden your customer base
Oh we will for sure don’t worry! One of our main goals is for people on the platform to have a very high quality kit for a reasonable price. At launch we will only be offering the ball bearing but afterwards we can offer custom options to suit anyone. I’ll be honest though, the price won’t be exceptionally lower with a JB turbo. But you will be able to save a few dollars.

Thanks for your feedback, we’ll work it into our business plan for sure.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
So - you're saying there is a huge opportunity for a stand alone, cost effective, cast bottom mount manifold....interesting.

Personally I don’t want a cast manifold, I love the tubular manifolds myself. But I’m sure many do. Also the ease of buying a full kit designed to work together, I feel that’s attractive as well. Having everything required show up to your house all together saves a lot of hassle. To sell a manifold separate is fine, but to source all the fittings, lines etc afterwards to fit the specific turbo you want to run and that’s if that turbo will even fit in that application.... there is a lot to it.

Last edited:

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i
Personally I don’t want a cast manifold, I love the tubular manifolds myself. By I’m sure many do. Also the ease of buying a full kit designed to work together, I feel that’s attractive as well. Having everything required show up to your house all together saves a lot of hassle. To sell a manifold separate is fine, but to source all the fittings, lines etc afterwards to fit the specific turbo you want to run and that’s if that turbo will even fit in that application.... there is a lot to it.

I completely agree; however you may be missing my point. If a cast manifold was available for volume production at a reasonable cost....Something like this would add value to a larger audience.

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
This is how my wastegates are positioned. Experience a little boost creep but its manageable. 20160509_114157.jpg
good luck with your design. We need more bottom mounts out there.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
I completely agree; however you may be missing my point. If a cast manifold was available for volume production at a reasonable cost....Something like this would add value to a larger audience.
Ah ok I see what your saying. Yeah it would far more obtainable to many more people who don’t want to spend so much.

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
UPDATE:

Tonight i’ll be posting another photo of the manifold, showing Wastegate position, a more complete manifold with all runners present.

We are farther along than i’m revealing but I’m holding out until we have some really nicely prepared marketing to really show customers what we can offer them and give people a good idea of how far their dollar will go with this kit. Thanks for all the support

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
Sorry about the wait! So in this preview it’s going to show how our Wastegate is positioned. It’s extremely close to the turbo, this is to avoid any sort of boost creep issues that tend to happen when the exhaust gas has to travel too far to get to the Wastegate. Path of least resistance ensure the best results!

As far as hardware goes, we’re going to include a single TurboSmart CompGate Wastegate running a divider to both scrolls on the manifold all the way up as far as possible to the gate. We chose this gate because it’s extremely compact, it has many adjustments as far as where you can run your vacuum lines which will ensure easy install and allows you to route things the way you like best. But beyond all that, the gate is completely accessible from the top of the engine bay the way we’ve positioned it. This means if you need to change a spring, adjust the gate in any way, or change a line etc, there is no need to get under the car ever. Plus it looks damn cool up top ;)

We’ll be giving the option to go with a Tial as well if that is your preference. We’re easy. Just need to make sure they fit the same or well enough at least. Can confirm soon.

We’ll have more photos and information coming this week. Any questions, my number is posted here on this thread, that’s my personal number feel free to call at any time or let’s openly discuss here for all to see and join in. Thanks for the support and thanks to SpoolStreet for the excellent platform provided here to all vendors and enthusiasts.

Also please be aware, the photo is a test manifold lol it’s not fully completed as shown here, I’m just trying to share cool shit.

118ABA37-9B8D-456D-93B9-7F4950FBD49E.png

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
This kit looks like it has a lot of potential to be just what our platform needs. JP workz and on3 were great for being cheap options but other than that didn't really have anything going for em. This kit looks like it could be a great balance between being affordable and still quality. With a bottom mount, twin scroll design, and garret GTX3582R gen 2 based turbo, it brings something to the table for sure. The T3 flange and single wastegate are what make the kit affordable without compromising quality. Def interested on seeing how this plays out, I bet it will sell very well and will be a great addition to the single turbo market.

I personally have been talking to John on facebook a lot recently, and just wanted to vouch for him being a good guy. You can tell he is a fellow enthusiast who loves cars and isn't trying to hide anything. before this kit was introduced ive seen his name on countless facebook threads and comments in various n54 / 135i pages as just an enthusiast rather than a now vender, so its nice to know he's not just a guy coming out of nowhere. He's been around and active in our community for a while even if some have not noticed him.

For me personally, I still kinda have my heart set on Doc Race, but I am staying open minded and gonna wait to see how this kit plays out. I definitely have a lot of respect for what this kit stands for and brings to the table tho

• Love

John@DBV2

Sergeant
Jan 23, 2017
This kit looks like it has a lot of potential to be just what our platform needs. JP workz and on3 were great for being cheap options but other than that didn't really have anything going for em. This kit looks like it could be a great balance between being affordable and still quality. With a bottom mount, twin scroll design, and garret GTX3582R gen 2 based turbo, it brings something to the table for sure. The T3 flange and single wastegate are what make the kit affordable without compromising quality. Def interested on seeing how this plays out, I bet it will sell very well and will be a great addition to the single turbo market.

I personally have been talking to John on facebook a lot recently, and just wanted to vouch for him being a good guy. You can tell he is a fellow enthusiast who loves cars and isn't trying to hide anything. before this kit was introduced ive seen his name on countless facebook threads and comments in various n54 / 135i pages as just an enthusiast rather than a now vender, so its nice to know he's not just a guy coming out of nowhere. He's been around and active in our community for a while even if some have not noticed him.

For me personally, I still kinda have my heart set on Doc Race, but I am staying open minded and gonna wait to see how this kit plays out. I definitely have a lot of respect for what this kit stands for and brings to the table tho
Can’t thank you enough for the vote of confidence man! In reality I have always been and still am just an enthusiast. Just want to bring something of my own to the table to contribute something into the community and if it takes off and grows into something greater than my dreams have come true haha

I will say though, I believe someone made 938whp on a T3 V-Band wouldn’t be too scared of that for those who may be worried about hitting a power ceiling. The single gate really does knock quite a lot of cost off though, that alone can be upwards and between $250 and $400USD just at cost plus the cost of the extra flange and the labour to weld it.

Also have to say, NOBODY could go wrong with a Doc Race kit. I’d say it’s one of the best on the market as far as a top mount goes, not even just due to it being beautiful, but they deliver fast and it’s always problem free from what I’ve seen. I’m striving to be like them as far as customer service.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Someone needs a kit built to relocate the water pump/thermostat. It's in a shitty spot.
Andy told me he could make an adapter to move it a bit. But yes, an entire relocation kit would be ideal but also pretty involved. Where do you suggest it be moved?

It currently causes compromise or plumbing limitations on bottom kits so I fully support this idea.