Comp turbo oil less turbos?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I know this isn’t a new release of theirs, but does anyone have any experience with Comp Turbo’s newest triplex ceramic bearing, billet chra, oil less turbos? Might be a decent choice for bottom mount kits to alleviate the potential issues with turbo oil drain angle/location.

Link

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I know this isn’t a new release of theirs, but does anyone have any experience with Comp Turbo’s newest triplex ceramic bearing, billet chra, oil less turbos? Might be a decent choice for bottom mount kits to alleviate the potential issues with turbo oil drain angle/location.

Link

Very cool regardless. Wonder what this means for packaging dimensions and how often the bearing needs to be greased.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Buddy had one. He liked it's simplicity. I never really asked much more about it. Car was very occasional use, 2J swapped Mk III Supra.
I do recall him saying the car absolutely had to be warm for thing to work correct.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
They are cool from the options they present for mounting. Think facing up and down rather than front to back. However, from the research I did when considering them on a different project they were not the greatest from a lifespan point of view.

I know centrifugals come with sealed bearing setups, but I think turbos spin nearly 100k rpms more.