E9X Clark Performance Diff Lockdown Medium Term Review

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
It's been several months now and I would like to report that:

Under city driving, no discernable difference can be made regarding differential performance, suspension behavior or trans engagement.

Under highway driving as a normal human being with no aggression...same thing.

Under WOT highway, take-off.... the difference in suspension, differential, trans engagement is night and day. No more wobbly take offs, no more engine cutting in and out, nor more shakiness, no more loose rear end sensation.

Judgment, this thing works as advertised. Yes, I would recommend it. Yes I would install it in every single future car that has an LSD.

That is all.

VT

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
The Clark one is the brace-style, correct? I recently found out that the dude who sells the bushing-and-arm lockdown on n54tech lives like 45 minutes away from me so I think I'm gonna bite that $45 bullet. Seems like there's no drawbacks to these lockdowns aside from "not being a real LSD" but that's not where my interest in it lies anyway so that doesn't phase me.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Yes, it is. Here is an update and caution.

After a time of use and driving aggressively, you should double check your bolts because the brace will be under lots of stress and flexing such that the bolts could get loose and you need to retighten them to stop the LSD from leaking at the rear.