Technical Bad passenger motor mount -in case you are curious.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
This is what a bad engine mount looks like after 120k miles in case you are curious. Caused shifting anomalies like jerkiness, lazy shifts, and hesitation on take off...all when using high throttle. Under normal throttle the car drove like silk.

I am waiting for upgraded 80A revshift mounts and will do a review after installing. Should arrive mid week.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Tons of play. I had a similar issue. Have you checked your guibo?

The guibo is an upgrade bmw aluminum version, the drive shaft is new, the trans mounts were all new rogue engineering, all replaced when I upgraded the transmission to Propulsive Dynamics Unit.

However I will upgrade the trans mounts to revshift 80A mounts along with the revshift 80A motor mounts to see how the combination feels.

I may add liqui mily atf additive to see if shifting is smoother also...however, I do believe that the weird shifts were due to the motor mounts.

1. The cars shifts invisibly under normal power.
2. The car shift erratically under VERY high power and ESPECIALLY when in the powerband of the engine - 4k to 6100 rpm...so that's 4th to 5th gear when hammering from stop.