650whp Suggest

bmwn54

Nov 24, 2022
Hello friends, I will soon own a bmw z4 35i n54, my goal is 650whp, do you have any good suggestions? Please give me a list if you can and tell me which ones I need to buy. thanks

N54ROOKIE

Jun 4, 2022
Hello friends, I will soon own a bmw z4 35i n54, my goal is 650whp, do you have any good suggestions? Please give me a list if you can and tell me which ones I need to buy. thanks
look up boosted bimmers of Chicago BMW They can help you with all your questions

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
A set of 19Ts is basically maxed out at 650whp a single can have as much headroom as you want it or hit any # you want assuming you have the fueling to do so. Just size your turbo correctly for your application. A 6266 for example is larger than you want it you really ONLY want 650whp. Twins are not known for being very reliable and now there are cast top and bottom mounts so why bother?

Out of curiosity where did you come up with the 650whp #?

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I hope to be doing the same (as you) next week and I am also wanting the same power level, I am planning to go with a pair of DAW Flow Max+ turbos with all the supporting mods.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I hope to be doing the same (as you) next week and I am also wanting the same power level, I am planning to go with a pair of DAW Flow Max+ turbos with all the supporting mods.

You can buy a single turbo for that cost...and DAW is still using stolen warranty language ;) . Remember this is the guy who refused to let me visit his shop when I was going to be in town. Business was/is run out of his shitty condo. Does not balance his turbos himself. Fake balancing sheets, etc. Just another Chinacast 19T. https://www.spoolstreet.com/threads/daw-turbos.5731/

Reactions: SlimE92

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
You can buy a single turbo for that cost...and DAW is still using stolen warranty language ;) . Remember this is the guy who refused to let me visit his shop when I was going to be in town. Business was/is run out of his shitty condo. Does not balance his turbos himself. Fake balancing sheets, etc. Just another Chinacast 19T. https://www.spoolstreet.com/threads/daw-turbos.5731/

Hello again, I do appreciate your attempts to warn and edify others, but I read through that entire thread and most of it is about a scammer named Nick Olsom, a person who I do not know and will never know. The thread is dated 2019!............ is any of the information relevant anymore? I have been looking around other forums and YouTube and in 2022 all I see about the DAW turbos are GREAT things! you can't ignore Alex the Russian, zero to 60 and others, is it at all possible that they (DAW) have upped their game and evolved into something better bring a better product to market since then? I am aware that a single kit may be comparable in cost and less complex but....... I am RHD here (not in the US) and single under mount kits are not known to fit out of the box, I do not like the top mount set ups and I would like to keep the twin turbo OEM configuration just with more potency, this is why I am leaning this way.

bmwn54

Nov 24, 2022

CC4EA6CF-5C86-4EEE-A10B-DAD073E259C3.jpeg

this is made in china。only 500usd

Reactions: Torgus

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Hello again, I do appreciate your attempts to warn and edify others, but I read through that entire thread and most of it is about a scammer named Nick Olsom, a person who I do not know and will never know. The thread is dated 2019!............ is any of the information relevant anymore? I have been looking around other forums and YouTube and in 2022 all I see about the DAW turbos are GREAT things! you can't ignore Alex the Russian, zero to 60 and others, is it at all possible that they (DAW) have upped their game and evolved into something better bring a better product to market since then? I am aware that a single kit may be comparable in cost and less complex but....... I am RHD here (not in the US) and single under mount kits are not known to fit out of the box, I do not like the top mount set ups and I would like to keep the twin turbo OEM configuration just with more potency, this is why I am leaning this way.
Personally after my experience with trying to get my turbos warrantied by Shawn i couldn't buy from him again. Friends had the same experience along with basically everyone. If you really want to stick to twins i recommend the RB gamefinshers. I've gone single turbo now and haven't looked back since, used reflex to control boost and it all works like oem. Power comes in smooth, tc works like factory, and plus cars stupid fast : )

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
you can't ignore Alex the Russian, zero to 60 and others
Alex the Russian aka Glassreflections never came off as smart...he got laughed off the forums. He fucked up his N54 being an idiot and went LS turbo last I heard. IIRC it was just a gutted auto with china twins on PI. Just watch the video of his shop installing the solid metal subframe bushings, it is comical.

Zero to 60...I like the guy's content, generally, but he is now living in his sister's spare bedroom, broke, no savings, no job, got arrested with charges pending I believe, they took his laptop/cameras etc. as evidence, and his car is very likely to get crushed by the police. My point is he didn't make great decisions in his life. Also, I am willing to bet he got deals on many if not all the products he reviewed, which makes me really question his bias. Again, I enjoy his content but I also take it with a grain of salt.

is it at all possible that they (DAW) have upped their game and evolved into something better bring a better product to market since then?
Has VTT improved at all over the years? MMP? Ghassen? AJ Hoti at EMP? The list goes on of shoddy shitty N54 vendors. They started off as shit and still are shit. It's the perfect con in my opinion. The cost of the crap products is too low to bother getting lawyered up. Too hard to start a class action.

Of all of the twin vendors RB seems to have the best rep, and he is not perfect ether. At the end of the day stuff the largest T4 wheels into a T3 housing and spinning them like crazy to make 650whp reliability is always going to be a concern.

Remember with DAW your warranty is void if you don't have an aftermarket exhaust! Because Shawn is an idiot and knows nothing about the n54 platform. Guy is still using stolen warranty language from a UK tuning company on his website, that would take all of 5 minutes to fix if he actually cared about the 'warranty' he provides his customers, or should I say the lack of any warranty. DAW was using fake balancing sheets as well IIRC. After all the horrible things written about DAW and personal experiences given to you still want to go with that company???

If you want to roll the dice buy the 'gen 3' VIV 19Ts on amazon for 1k and throw on the protection plan: 4-Year Auto Accessory Protection Plan for $114.99.

Whatever twins you buy, unless from RB, get them sent out to be balanced and upgrade the wastegate and set the wategates correctly.

Last edited:

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I have no issue with RB but the claimed HP rating, the DAW FM+ seem to be the highest rated on the market, I just dont want to have to be looking at another set of turbos when my HP goals are not met.

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
I have no issue with RB but the claimed HP rating, the DAW FM+ seem to be the highest rated on the market, I just dont want to have to be looking at another set of turbos when my HP goals are not met.
What happens if you meet your hp goals but for only a handful of pulls? Would you get another set of DAW turbos if they meet your hp goals but they don't last at all?

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Guess I'll have to deal with that issue when or if it comes but I have not seen one single failure of the DAW turbos yet, please share this information if you are aware of any, thanks.

Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

DAW highest rated on the market? No way man, those would be the unubtanium VTT twin turbos that make 850whp. You know about what a maxed out precision 6466 can make.

Ok, so what matters is the size of the wheels. Larger wheels push more air 10T is stock 19T is almost twice as large. Does twice as large mean x2 the HP? No. Maxed out 10Ts can make 500whp. Maxed out 19Ts do not make 1000whp. Anywho more mass aka larger wheels spool slower. Physics and all that jazz, can't escape it. RB offers 19Ts just like DAW. RB rates his twins at reasonable HP levels. He also does not recommend spinning the fuck out of them to hit high HP numbers as that kills their life/reliability.

urbo-calculations-mhi-19t-unit-td04h-19t-cfmmapped.gif

37 lb/min x2 = 74 lb/min.
6466 = 90 lb/min
14.4 x 2 = 28.8psi

370 at crank x2 = 740hp. Account for 16% drivetrain loss = 621whp. Which is where most twins maxed out actually end up at. 600-650whp.

If you are chasing high HP numbers go get the VTT turbos ;) You can be the 1st person to make 850whp other than VTT.

Now with your 19Ts and making 600-650whp you will have ZERO headroom. 100% WGDC. Maxed out = Short life. In general you never run something at 100% and expect it to last long. Generally you leave headroom. Spinning your turbos so they are glowing white hot like this:

They are blowing HOT AF air. Which is why you have to use a super high octane to hit those numbers aka E85 w/ it's natural cooling. Without E85 and just pump 93 you will be around 500whp at 7200rpms, regardless of which 19T turbo you go with.

Which is why I suggested the VIV gen3 19Ts. 19T is the size of the wheel. A china cast 19T is a china cast 19T. Again get it VSR balanced in the states by someone reputable and upgrade the wastegate unless it already is upgraded. RB sells wastegate upgrade kits last I checked.

Again, if you want to go by the manufacturer's made up numbers VTT has the highest and blows DAW out of the water. 850whp is roughly 1000hp at the crank. Ain't no 19/20Ts making that.

Hey look dead china cast 19Ts:

Silver cah:

Black cah:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416797&page=35 <--35 pages of basically twin turbo dynos.

https://www.spoolstreet.com/threads/rb-gf-dyno-results-93-and-e85-681whp.5678/ <-- 681whp on RBs.

I still vote get a single turbo. Much more headroom. Can hit any numbers you want. Inherently 2x as reliable. Pay once cry once.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: wheela