2018 N54 Predictions

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
My prediction for a 9sec 335 this season has nearly come to pass, an Aussie from Melbourne has apparently done a 10.066s @ 136.98 mph... the two fastest 335i’s are in Australia. :)
LOL, please stop! You guys are running two-speed fucking powerglides. The cars are not even streetable. How about you take them to a 1/2 mile event, and see how they do? Sure you guys have the two quickest unusable N54 with powerglides in them. Congrats on that, you have your own category. Must be super fun to drive....

As for predictions, more of the same. Lots of talk, not so much action, a car that doesn't use a 2 speed trans will be in the 9's if not this platform is an embarrassment, 1000WHP should be broken already, Stand alones should become more popular, I have never once gotten into a dick measuring contest with whoever Omar is. I simply called him out for bullshit trunk liner records, there will never be a single HPFP for the N54 that supports 800WHP. This doesn't exist in the industry, any industry. It takes two pumps, we already have that covered, more garage built single turbo kits will show up, take money, and head to Vegas with it, someone in a 6MT will finally break a 10.82 which is embarrassing in, and of itself. The reign of overpriced fueling upgrades will end, silicone outlets will become a thing of the past, clapped out E90's will be sold for sub 4K prices...

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
With cast manifolds now available, I think someone will eventually stuff a pair of TD05 CHRAs into a set of upgraded twins.
So you essentially have a super laggy version of our Stage 3 kit? Have you ever driven a car with Twin TD05's on it. If you absolutely positively are not in a hurry to spool, this is the upgrade for you...:)

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Regardless of “streetability” they are the fastest. Don’t like it? Just go faster next time.:yum:. next fastest is a 10.7......

Oh and i have a DCT. It’s the most streetable of all.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I get what he’s saying and i dont mind. I ignore the trash and read between the lines. My post is all about competition. It spurs some people into action. :)

Reactions: mfractal

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This may be insider trading, but we will get better and integrated control of our fuel systems encompassing HPFP, LPFP, PI by 3+ companies. We will see sub $3k short runner twin scroll bottom mount kits for sale. They are trying to break 1K HP tomorrow so I'm going to leave that out just in case.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
This may be insider trading, but we will get better and integrated control of our fuel systems encompassing HPFP, LPFP, PI by 3+ companies. We will see sub $3k short runner twin scroll bottom mount kits for sale. They are trying to break 1K HP tomorrow so I'm going to leave that out just in case.
Nice insider trading haha

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Don't mind Tony he talks smack about anyone not running VTT stuff lol
What are you talking about, I talk smack to people running VTT stuff, I do not descriminate. Also I have had this convo with Captain Slushie a year ago. 2 speed slush box in the N54, great guys, really advancing the the platform! Why not just put an LS in it while you are at it, then claim the overall E9X record? Its basically what you are doing now.

Reactions: Alex

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
We’ll soon be over 1k HP (if we aren’t already) and theres very little chance the stock gearboxes (any of them) will handle that power. I dont think its any different to putting in a four speed GM box or a ford diff in the thing.
‘Captain slushie’ (theres two of them BTW) as you call him simply did something about it... Stopped talking and started doing. ;)
What would you suggest we do to “advance the platform”, stay in the 10.7’s ? It’s time to grow Tony.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
We’ll soon be over 1k HP (if we aren’t already) and theres very little chance the stock gearboxes (any of them) will handle that power. I dont think its any different to putting in a four speed GM box or a ford diff in the thing.
‘Captain slushie’ (theres two of them BTW) as you call him simply did something about it... Stopped talking and started doing. ;)
What would you suggest we do to “advance the platform”, stay in the 10.7’s ? It’s time to grow Tony.

You do realize the factory DCT we have available to use has already seen over 1000ft/lbs of torque with no issue at all in a much heavier car running 9sec in the 1/4mi right? The F10 M5 has been pushed well beyond anything we have done, and although it has a different bell housing, programming, and different output shaft; the transmission itself is the same. Considering the E90 series is on average 500lbs lighter than the F10 series, and that reduces stress on the drive line significantly.......I don't understand how you think none of the stock gearboxes will live at 1k HP.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Lol. That’s your reasoning for putting a 2 speed slush box in a BMW? 1000whp? Please show us any evidence you are even close to that. With a 2 speed slushee box, your ET’s, and traps indicate about 600 maybe 650 with that trans. Only 400WHP to go! So yeah, your argument is debunked. You went with a 2 speed box so you could cheat, and claim quickest N54 with no effort. Again, lets see your cars at a 1/2 mile event, or on the freeway. Waiting for those vids...

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Thanks man! I know all that but as far as i know theres only three options for controlling the thing so it works behind an N54 properly.
1 Syvecs
2 One prototype standalone gearbox controller of unknown origin
3 Rival forum has a freeware flash product that will apparently be able to change the launch control RPM.
None of the cars in the 10s run the DCT AFAIK?
Trying to launch a 9sec car with basically a stock calibration is .... really hard

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Lol. That’s your reasoning for putting a 2 speed slush box in a BMW? 1000whp? Please show us any evidence you are even close to that. With a 2 speed slushee box, your ET’s, and traps indicate about 600 maybe 650 with that trans. Only 400WHP to go! So yeah, your argument is debunked. You went with a 2 speed box so you could cheat, and claim quickest N54 with no effort. Again, lets see your cars at a 1/2 mile event, or on the freeway. Waiting for those vids...
Glad youre laughing out loud. Merry Christmas!

No Tony the fact that no other n54 is within 0.7sec Down the quarter is my reasoning. It’s nearly a full second difference... Ill ask again... What do you suggest we do to “advance the platform”?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Thanks man! I know all that but as far as i know theres only three options for controlling the thing so it works behind an N54 properly.
1 Syvecs
2 One prototype standalone gearbox controller of unknown origin
3 Rival forum has a freeware flash product that will apparently be able to change the launch control RPM.
None of the cars in the 10s run the DCT AFAIK?
Trying to launch a 9sec car with basically a stock calibration is .... really hard

But that's not what you said. You said that no factory box can hold the power. Your reasoning wasn't that control was a problem, it was power handling was the problem.

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i
You do realize the factory DCT we have available to use has already seen over 1000ft/lbs of torque with no issue at all in a much heavier car running 9sec in the 1/4mi right? The F10 M5 has been pushed well beyond anything we have done, and although it has a different bell housing, programming, and different output shaft; the transmission itself is the same. Considering the E90 series is on average 500lbs lighter than the F10 series, and that reduces stress on the drive line significantly.......I don't understand how you think none of the stock gearboxes will live at 1k HP.

My E90 M57 335d is making 700 wtq on a stock ZF tranny....

I do have a spare that I intend to build to hold 1,000 wtq because the M57 is about to make a huge leap forward...

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
But that's not what you said. You said that no factory box can hold the power. Your reasoning wasn't that control was a problem, it was power handling was the problem.
True that’s what i said. But my intention was to show that advancement for the platform will only happen when someone actually manages to harness the power the n54 can make.
I dont know what the fastest time done by N54 DCT equiped car is(anyone?)
Yes the box is theoretically the same, and theoretically should hold the power but no one has done it and it doesn’t seem like anyone is trying therefore it’s unlikely to happen soon. If we were to put a DCT behind a big power engine it isnt going to magically do 9s. Control of that box is part of the overall equation. Therefore a DCT cant (really) hold that power. Does that make more sense?

And Tony by ‘we’ i meant the n54 community is nearly at 1000hp. The fact that the fastest cars on this platform are making 650 at the tires as you say reinforces the point im trying to make. You aren’t advancing the platform by making more power in my opinion. That will only happen when some smart bunny figures out how to modify the DCT or Auto box to play nice.

I think ive derailed the thread with this. I’ll make another one for those interested in discussing it further ?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Just a few months ago Tony was bashing Omar for his "stock motor stock AT" half mile record. Said something along the lines of "just means you're too broke to upgrade your trans"

Now that the Aussies are doing work with the Powerglide, suddenly it's "cheating" and "no effort"

does_not_compute.gif