Ad: VTT Product annoucement - Billet / Silicone N54 coolant hose kit

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Well, success. I was sent 3 photos. Looks like the heaviest of the hoses is 4.35 Oz's heavier. This is for a complete hose assembled with clamps. Taking that into account. Looks like you will lose about 1-2 seconds off your ET if installed. I would not recommend for serious racers. šŸšŸ
IMG_20200319_1034130.jpg
IMG_20200319_1034393.jpg
IMG_20200319_1035586.jpg

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Well, success. I was sent 3 photos. Looks like the heaviest of the hoses is 4.35 Oz's heavier. This is for a complete hose assembled with clamps.

Excellent. Not a significant difference to stock then, or can be expected to be anyway. This is fantastic. Thank you for providing the info requested.

The tiny penis syndrome I can't do anything about though, sorry Tony got so butthurt.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Excellent. Not a significant difference to stock then, or can be expected to be anyway. This is fantastic. Thank you for providing the info requested.

The tiny penis syndrome I can't do anything about though, sorry Tony got so butthurt.
By butthurt you mean he understood from the start the hoses are going to pose no significant weight difference and the request was somewhat bordering on asinine? But he complied just to stop the whining? I guess that can be called butthurt...:)

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
By butthurt you mean he understood from the start the hoses are going to pose no significant weight difference and the request was somewhat bordering on asinine? But he complied just to stop the whining? I guess that can be called butthurt...:)

Keep ranting. Ultimately he caved so what? Call it asinine to save face?

Only vendor who's ever given me a hard time when I ask how much it weighs vs stock.

Thought we were good now Chris. Guess not. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Chill brother, I'm just busting your balls. I actually checked out your build thread, and I see you're weighing all sorts of parts, I assume making comparisons and seeing how much you took off. I get it. I mean, I'd just weigh the whole thing after but to each their own. Your focus is on the minutia, we focus more big picture. FWIW, the purpose of these hoses is to step away from the OEM materials, weight wasn't anywhere in the design goals. Now you got it, plus some ball breaking for no extra charge. What's not to love?

xoxo,
Chris

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Well, success. I was sent 3 photos. Looks like the heaviest of the hoses is 4.35 Oz's heavier.
Love the accuracy. But could Tony do me a favor and go back and measure with a non-china shit scale that has been properly calibrated? Like a Schuler Scientific or Mettler Toledo would probably do the trick.

Filippo

E92 420

Corporal
Jul 8, 2017
United Kingdom
Ride
BMW e92 335i
I'll be the first to admit I miss Tony's internet presence. Dude was funny as fuck but still knowledgeable on the platform and had a lot of good info.

Kind of agree, bit of Yes and no Really.

However Heā€™s still very present through Chrisā€™s account tho!

Steve Weltman

Mar 20, 2020
Torrance CA
Ride
09 BMW 335i N54
Hey guys, as always we have been at work looking at what we feel is needed for the N54, and one of the least addressed issues on the platform is cooling. The factory plastic coolant connectors are prone to breaking over time, and the hoses are just your standard run of the mill coolant hose. We wanted to provide an upgrade to both areas. What we came up with is Billet 6061-T6 connectors anodized black for corrosion resistance, and 6 ply silicone molded silicone hoses in the factory shapes. Currently, we only have the sample set in which are black (the logo is going to change as well) but we will be offering the hoses in Black with blue liner, Red with Black Liner, and Blue with Red liners. Custom colors will be available at an additional cost and lead time.

We should have these live on the site after the new year. Estimated 3 weeks.

Currently, these fit most all N54 applications E92, E90, E82, E60, etc. They may not fit some models, we have not test fit on all models. If you have a specific model and which to have us make your hoses let us know!

We went ahead and got these added to the site so people can take advantage of the Xmas sale code XMAS10. This is our last sale of 2019. Please note, these are NOT in stock. Will ship when they arrive.

We will be offering them in a variety of ways.

Full hose kit: $399.00
  • Upper Radiator hose
  • Lower Radiator hose
  • Cylinder head outlet hose (Mickey Mouse hose, this hose is notorious for breaking when removed)
  • Upper vent hose (this hose is also notorious for breaking as stock the center is plastic that crumbles when moved)
  • Water pump inlet hose (Horse Shoe hose)
Radiator Hose Kit: $249.00
  • Upper Radiator hose
  • Lower Radiator hose
Individual hoses:
  • Upper Radiator hose - $149.00
  • Lower Radiator hose - $149.00
  • Cylinder head outlet hose (Mickey Mouse hose, this hose is notorious for breaking when removed) - $79.00
  • Upper vent hose (this hose is also notorious for breaking as stock the center is plastic that crumbles when moved) - $59.00
  • Water pump inlet hose (Horse Shoe hose) - $39.00
  • Billet Cylinder head outlet adapter with O-ring and clamp (no hose) $25.99
As always email for more questions [email protected]

View attachment 34031View attachment 34032
These look great! Wish I needed some; I just previously bought the whole set (OEM versions) so I'll happily replace with these (silicone beats rubber hoses any time!) when the time comes (in about 40k miles, or in about 3 years). I replaced my vacuum lines with silicone and soon I'll replace my turbo inlets and possibly the outlets (still on the fence about silicone hoses near hot turbo outlets).
Great work guys! You really do a great job of innovating with the N54 platform.
-Steve

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
These look great! Wish I needed some; I just previously bought the whole set (OEM versions) so I'll happily replace with these (silicone beats rubber hoses any time!) when the time comes (in about 40k miles, or in about 3 years)
-Steve

You bet! Plus, as we've determined through this thread, you can sleep easy knowing you won't be adding more than a few ounces of weight to do the upgrade! :)

Chris