Ad: VTT Product annoucement - Billet / Silicone N54 coolant hose kit

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys, as always we have been at work looking at what we feel is needed for the N54, and one of the least addressed issues on the platform is cooling. The factory plastic coolant connectors are prone to breaking over time, and the hoses are just your standard run of the mill coolant hose. We wanted to provide an upgrade to both areas. What we came up with is Billet 6061-T6 connectors anodized black for corrosion resistance, and 6 ply silicone molded silicone hoses in the factory shapes. Currently, we only have the sample set in which are black (the logo is going to change as well) but we will be offering the hoses in Black with blue liner, Red with Black Liner, and Blue with Red liners. Custom colors will be available at an additional cost and lead time.

We should have these live on the site after the new year. Estimated 3 weeks.

Currently, these fit most all N54 applications E92, E90, E82, E60, etc. They may not fit some models, we have not test fit on all models. If you have a specific model and which to have us make your hoses let us know!

We went ahead and got these added to the site so people can take advantage of the Xmas sale code XMAS10. This is our last sale of 2019. Please note, these are NOT in stock. Will ship when they arrive.

We will be offering them in a variety of ways.

Full hose kit: $399.00
  • Upper Radiator hose
  • Lower Radiator hose
  • Cylinder head outlet hose (Mickey Mouse hose, this hose is notorious for breaking when removed)
  • Upper vent hose (this hose is also notorious for breaking as stock the center is plastic that crumbles when moved)
  • Water pump inlet hose (Horse Shoe hose)
Radiator Hose Kit: $249.00
  • Upper Radiator hose
  • Lower Radiator hose
Individual hoses:
  • Upper Radiator hose - $149.00
  • Lower Radiator hose - $149.00
  • Cylinder head outlet hose (Mickey Mouse hose, this hose is notorious for breaking when removed) - $79.00
  • Upper vent hose (this hose is also notorious for breaking as stock the center is plastic that crumbles when moved) - $59.00
  • Water pump inlet hose (Horse Shoe hose) - $39.00
  • Billet Cylinder head outlet adapter with O-ring and clamp (no hose) $25.99
As always email for more questions [email protected]

8.jpg
2.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Now these look great. Look plug and play.

Otherwise, is there any difference in real estate that the piping occupies?

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
We went ahead and got these added to the site so people can take advantage of the Xmas sale code XMAS10. This is our last sale of 2019. Please note, these are NOT in stock. Will ship when they arrive.

schmick325

Lurker
Oct 29, 2019
Ride
BMW 1M
Are you making one for the Double shotgun's so you don't have to cut into the factory hose ?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
No sir, unfortunately, no plans for that. It would require replacing the entire plastic coolant pipe which would be quite an undertaking manufacturing wise just for shotgun users.
I’m assuming this is referring to the heater outlet hose/pipe combo? You could make a silicone line that replaces the hose and slip fits onto the plastic line and is clamped in place. Food for thought.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Commented on the FB announcement, but I'll say it here too. Glad to see you guys bringing more heavy duty, upgraded maintenance parts to the platform. If several of my coolant lines hadn't of already busted and been replaced I'd jump on these, but I'm sure I'll still end up with several in the future lol.

Coming from an e36 M3 right before I got my e92 years ago, it seemed like they were all over the place, whereas we have one or two pieces here and there from random companies and then all the stuff you guys make. So you guys are much needed on the platform imo and I truly hope Tony never gives up on the N54/e9x's.

Asbjorn

Lieutenant
Mar 10, 2018
European, based in China
Ride
Z4 N54 DCT
Ahh super happy to see you made these at a better price than I was able to find. I would probably have used a more flexible hose material between the engine and radiator for when the engine needs to move, but with the alu fittings it shouldn't be an issue.